• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    AK74 + AR upper= nice Garand. Break one of those nice ones out. Ill be by tomorrow to pick it up. Oh, one more thing, throw some ammo in with it.

I'll throw some ammo IN IT and then give it to ya, one round at a time!! :ar15: You won't like a Garand, not good for bump firing!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    awesome!

so, Ive added a couple of roof vents to my house and need a few more. I was thinking of using a vented ridge cap, but I see you didnt do that on this house. Do you prefer the standard vents to a vented ridge??

This house already had 3 box vents in it, so we put 5 more.

If you have the correct amount then it doesnt matter what kind you have.

The only catch to that is if you have cathedral ceilings then you have to use the ridge vent.

Honestly I would rather use the box vents because they can be put on the back of the roof out of sight.

Dont mix vents or you will have the ridge vents sucking air in through the box vents instead of the soffit vents.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    delivering the shingles is defintally so much easier and better, and cheaper. i did alot of roofs without delivering the shingles to the roof. my job was to pack shingles most of the first day of laying and i was worthless after toting all those shingles.

then one day the boss sprang for them to be delivered on the roof and it was amazing. it was like a whole new world hd just been revealed to me.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    We were done,customer is happy, ground is cleaned up and check in the hand at 10 am.

31 squares of roofing, 4 pipe boots, 2 bathroom vents, 8 750 roof vents, 7 rolls of felt.

2 Americans 12.5 hours, other than 2 nail guns that we use that are made in Japan, and one staple gun that is made in Sweden 100% of the money stays in the USA.:patriot:

Excellant job.

Been there, done it, a long time ago, I KNOW that's a lot of work. Just keeping the nailing guy in shingles is a job for two people and it's been in the "stroke" range of heat and humidity for at least a couple weeks now.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    T only took my crew of 6 gringos 4 days to roof my new house. The tar paper was already down even. There is a 6/12 hip on about 1200 sf and a 5/12 on about 1200 sf. Only two small valleys an a small gable and a large gable. There are no vents on mine as I'm getting icynene on my roof decks. They even had the shingles roof top delivered.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    I wish I was ready for my new 44sq roof (money wise) the roof is ready but I am not sure about the cost

44 sq steel with a tear off I will give you a choice Garand out of the collection LOL

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Fast work. Good job. Maybe you should do my apartment complex. the messicans like to leave nails for me to run over

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Any time the air temp is above 85 we cant walk of the roof if the sun is shining on it. The manufactures make their shingles so soft anymore that you shoes will leave foot prints.
    i remember doing some stone work on a chimney in the middle of summer. no one informed me of this, and i pretty much destroyed a large section of shingles. you live and you learn i guess.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I wish I was ready for my new 44sq roof (money wise) the roof is ready but I am not sure about the cost

44 sq steel with a tear off I will give you a choice Garand out of the collection LOL

Since you said choice, it sounds like a good deal.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Know what else about Indy_Monkey?

If you have him out for a roof inspection, and your roof doesn't need done right away, he'll let you know that.

I believe his words to my wife and I were "I'd love to sell you a new roof, but if this were mine, I'd think that there are 3-5 years left in this one"

THAT, folks, is integrity. And I thank him for it.

On another note...had an insurance adjuster friend out the other day for dinner. Asked him his opinion on some minor hail damage that Indy_Monkey noticed. This friend said that he'd deny the claim if it were one of his company's insureds...

No new roof for me! (yet)

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :wow:

Well, color me surprised.
    I didn't think Americans would do that kind of work.
    Shocked I tell ya, shocked.

:evilangel:

Top Bottom