• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Legal, ethical and morality seldom all find common ground. The land lord is an ass and can legally do this. My ethics and morals would have lead me to have more compassion for the family. I'd think the bad press will do a lot of harm to him. As for the family. I'd guess someone with step up and change the situation. I wish them (the family) a Merry Christmas!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    pot-and-kettle.png

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll stand by that one. He doesn't know the origins of "Full Retard". That makes him deficient. Then again, he's just trolling, as he often is. So maybe he can't help himself.

I would have accepted that reasoning until you specifically differentiated between "movie deficient" and "deficient", clearly intending to mean something more.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll stand by that one. He doesn't know the origins of "Full Retard". That makes him deficient. Then again, he's just trolling, as he often is. So maybe he can't help himself.

Read the quote. How is the fact it was in a movie make it less offensive? The quote you "alluded to" is awful.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Baby's name isn't on the lease either. Is he going to kick the child out as a "visitor" too?

Do you know that for sure. I can see both sides of the story. If you sign a contract that says you are paying x amount for rent as long as there is one adult and one child living there. You can have visitors as long as they stay less than 7 days. Then you bring other people in for a longer time. Does it matter who it is???

Yes he can evict the person but that takes time and the landlord does not seem to push it. He was told he would be gone in another week, but it is up to him to let the tenants know they are going against a contract they signed.

I have no idea what is in the contract. I am not there. Maybe the wife is getting free utilities (or lower rent) based on the occupancy. Would it be any different if she has her mother move in with her, if her mother lost her home??? What about a cousin or a few friends???

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    If someone takes a distilled liquor and makes a Jell-O shot you take offense and run to the Internet to decry the horror.

then you use a slur in a subject to rip someone you disagree with. Priorities defending alcohol over the mentally handicapped. That may actually be a new INGO low.
    Oh, give me a break. Let's stop adding words to the "offensive list." The next thing I know, you'll be saying how terrible it is to call something "gay."

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Oh, give me a break. Let's stop adding words to let "offensive list." The next thing I know, you'll be saying how terrible it is to call something "gay."

Do gay people get offended when the term is used? If so, I would try to avoid it. Mentally handicapped often cannot speak to defend themselves. Best to avoid any term that can demean them and set off those who care for them deeply. Surely OP's wit and strong vocabulary could come up with another term.

Would OP like to say that in front of a few parents at Riley?

Urban dictionary: "To act 100% retarded with extra no redeeming special quality."

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    It amazes me how the people that are the reason for our freedom are treated.

Those who have not served will never understand, the only thing they know is what they have been brainwashed to believe in movies, aint no movie ever come close to the real thing, you cant touch it, feel it or smell it thru a tv screen.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Landlord is a class-A douchecanoe, but you know, property rights and all that. Are we to tell the landlord what to do with his property?

I suppose the issue is in how they are going to interpret who a "visitor" is. Seems ridiculous to consider a spouse to be a visitor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh, give me a break. Let's stop adding words to the "offensive list." The next thing I know, you'll be saying how terrible it is to call something "gay."
    Wow JD for once I actualy agree with you and started the " slow clap" after reading your post!

someone needs to get off te PC high horse. Don't agree with it, fine. But don't berate someone for their own vocabulary and because you decided to take something out of context. No one is making fun of handicapped people

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The landlord is a dipstick, no doubt.

However, probably the best measure for the soldier, his wife and child would be for them to find the wife an apartment away from Clemson, and a landlord that's not a dipstick.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But don't berate someone for their own vocabulary and because you decided to take something out of context. No one is making fun of handicapped people

Not letting a spouse live with the tenant is "full retard". Meaning it's so crazy only a completely mentally retarded person would do such a thing. I respectfully disagree with your last sentence.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Not letting a spouse live with the tenant is "full retard". Meaning it's so crazy only a completely mentally retarded person would do such a thing. I respectfully disagree with your last sentence.

Agreed. To me, "retard" is just as bad as the N-word, when used as an insult. :twocents:

Top Bottom