• AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks for the encouragement

I thought you might like a few more details.

We plan on increasing the retail inventory.

You will be able to shoot your ammo or ours unless it is a surplus or steel core.

Surplus ammo must be purchased from us so we can insure no damage to our traps.

We plan on being closed Mondays & Tuesdays with extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays and shortened hours on Sunday afternoon.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I thought you might like a few more details.

We plan on increasing the retail inventory.

You will be able to shoot your ammo or ours unless it is a surplus or steel core.

Surplus ammo must be purchased from us so we can insure no damage to our traps.

We plan on being closed Mondays & Tuesdays with extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays and shortened hours on Sunday afternoon.

:rockwoot:

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    Any idea what the hourly rate will be? Even though Flat Creek was the only game in town, $22/hour seemed pretty steep ... especially for college kids.

Speaking of college, what do you guys think about a student rate?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Good luck with the new place. Ill have to stop by next time Im in Lafayette and check the place out.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Oh, can you get rid of that no JHP rule the range had? I hated having to sneak in my SD ammo to make sure it ran through the gun fine.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I wondered how long it would be before you posted this news. I'll say it again — best of luck, and I promise you'll be seeing me and my wife there when you open! There's a lot of potential in that building, and putting your reputation behind it should do wonders. :yesway:

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Applied balistics is a good company and I am sure they will do a good job with the place. It is a very nice facility in reality with a good deal of range space and other space that was intended to be an archery range and then was changed to a computerized simulation shooting thing but that never got off the ground really and for a good deal of time it was just used for reloading. Walt was a good guy but that place was in desperate need of better management. Very nice, interested what you will do with the place and best of luck.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh, can you get rid of that no JHP rule the range had? I hated having to sneak in my SD ammo to make sure it ran through the gun fine.

I would guess that the reason for that rule was the bullet traps. Once the HPs expanded, they might have had trouble getting into the traps.

Personally, I'd like to see a place we could shoot shotties as well, such as for patterning at various distances. I don't recall if the problem there was getting all the pellets into the traps or whether it caused problems with the ventilation system (not sure how) or both, but I do know they allowed scatterguns when they first opened, then stopped doing so.

Whatever Stan decides to do with it, I'm glad to see this.

Blessings,
    Bill

Krazny13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    The issue with shotguns is that the wads and shotcups are light enough to get sucked up in the ventilation/filters.

I too look forward to the facility re-opening. . . .

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have known for some time but danged if I was allowed to let the cat outta the bag.

Man,it was soooo hard not to break the news early! I am so happy for Stan & Dave!

Krazny13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I have known for some time but danged if I was allowed to let the cat outta the bag.

Man,it was soooo hard not to break the news early! I am so happy for Stan & Dave!

Same here. Kinda suprised you didn't post earlier in the thread. . . .

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    More information soon

If you are interested in more information you can send me an e-mail and I will get you the PDF of our brochure as soon as we get it finalized.

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    :yesway: Way to go...I was sad to see flatcreek close, as I made some decent buys in there.

I hope you will get lots of support from local gun owners, so this area will be able to support the indoor range. I know I didnt get a chance to take advantage of the indoor range previously, but I wont take it for granted this time...Especially with winter approaching.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    This is great news. I was a member of Flatcreek under Walt's management. Was extremely upset how it closed with no warning to members.

I wish you the best of luck and will look forward to Grand Opening!

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Stan, you're the man. As a past member at Flat Creek I am looking forward to the reopening and the needed improvements. GOOD LUCK and you have my support.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Same here. Kinda suprised you didn't post earlier in the thread. . . .

Stan would've had my bolas in a vice if I sneaked it out early!

I plan on doing special promotions with Stan and Dave (Stave? :D) on various weekends until they get tired of me.:laugh:

Top Bottom