• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    It was disappointing to me. The selection of guns was probably less than half of the show at the fairgrounds. I did however see a few stripped lowers there at a decent price but I need a multi cal lower so I had to pass. Ammo seemed pretty high from what I saw as well.

Was I being too critical? What did everyone else think?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^^^^ I have to agree. Every time I go to a gun show, I walk out and say I'm not going to anymore shows. Then I end up there again.:)

Take away the junk, and the overpriced stuff and you would probably have a table or two at best.

I guess I must be good at finding "deals" elsewhere, because I can't see how, from a business standpoint, that gun shows benefit anyone other than the promoter.

I may go back to the fairgrounds show, but I am crossing the Gunslingers shows off my list along with the 500 shows.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    It was a nice venue. However, I was taken back by the guy manning the door. I had unloaded my chamber and as I walked in, I pulled my 1911 out and racked the slide back and offered it up for the customary zip tie .

The guy at the table asks me if I had a loaded magazine to which I replied that I did. That's when he stated that I had to leave it with him or take it to my car. I chose to put it in my car...

Anyway, as he is zip tying he states that "we're just trying to make it safe for everyone"
    To which I politely asked, " Do they sell magazines inside" and he said yes...I then asked " Do they sell live ammo inside" he again said yes. I just responded with "well, I guess I won't be de-fanged after all" he realized what I was getting at and then repeated' "we're just trying to make it safe"

All in all it was a nice little show and a nice way to burn a couple or three hours even if they do fall for the PC safety mentality.

GONZO!!!

Not saying you were ccing or oc'ing, but I still am amazed at people who give up their cc guns at any guns show. CC means CC.

We laughed pretty hard at all the morons dropping their mags and unchambering their rounds... They say it was for safety yet offered no sand barrel and had tons of people unloading weapons at the glass doors. Bullets popping all over the table from being chambered. Hilariously ironic.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I picked up 3 1lb h2o exploding targets for 20$ which was a deal.:D I also scored a Springfield GI 1911 in the parking lot for 400$ it came with 8 mags. On my way out I picked up a package of tapco gas tube mops 5$. Next time this show comes around I wont spend all my money in the parking lot I found plenty of deals but had to pass them up. Saw a PAP M92 for 609$ thats only 10$ more than Atlantic firearms has them for and you don't have to pay shipping or transfer. Same guy had a Glock 23 gen 3 for 489$. The vendors were friendly and all of them greeted me while I looked around caught me of guard not having to chase down a vendor to buy or ask questions. Now I am waiting patiently for the next time they come back.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Hats off to "Gun Slinger Promotions", the show is getting bigger and
    better! Can't wait for the next scheduled show:rockwoot:

:ingo:WELCOME:welcome: TO LAFAYETTE:patriot:

Top Bottom