• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Of those that "were a little disappointed" by the turnout at the one before... Would you say it was...
    a) "worth the $5 if you're in town"
    b) "worth a short drive and the $5"
    or
    c) "save my $5"
    ....?

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Of those that "were a little disappointed" by the turnout at the one before... Would you say it was...
    a) "worth the $5 if you're in town"
    b) "worth a short drive and the $5"
    or
    c) "save my $5"
    ....?
    yes i think it will be worth it as the last event was scheduled during another show that was not too far away.
    I do believe this show will have a lot better of a turn out.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Was there for a few hours Saturday morning. Pretty good show,
    better than the first, most dealers willing to work with you and
    a lot of friendly people.:D

:ingo::patriot:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I also went this morning, it was a great show for being just before Christmas. I was able to get a couple of great last minute gifts for gun people in my family. A little bigger than the last one, an everyone was nice.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Spent a few hours there this morning. Nice venue. Well ventilated! Pretty busy but not too bad. Bought some stuff and sold some stuff. Overall well worth the drive from Brownsburg.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    It was a nice venue. However, I was taken back by the guy manning the door. I had unloaded my chamber and as I walked in, I pulled my 1911 out and racked the slide back and offered it up for the customary zip tie .

The guy at the table asks me if I had a loaded magazine to which I replied that I did. That's when he stated that I had to leave it with him or take it to my car. I chose to put it in my car...

Anyway, as he is zip tying he states that "we're just trying to make it safe for everyone"
    To which I politely asked, " Do they sell magazines inside" and he said yes...I then asked " Do they sell live ammo inside" he again said yes. I just responded with "well, I guess I won't be de-fanged after all" he realized what I was getting at and then repeated' "we're just trying to make it safe"

All in all it was a nice little show and a nice way to burn a couple or three hours even if they do fall for the PC safety mentality.

GONZO!!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It was a nice venue. However, I was taken back by the guy manning the door. I had unloaded my chamber and as I walked in, I pulled my 1911 out and racked the slide back and offered it up for the customary zip tie .

The guy at the table asks me if I had a loaded magazine to which I replied that I did. That's when he stated that I had to leave it with him or take it to my car. I chose to put it in my car...

Anyway, as he is zip tying he states that "we're just trying to make it safe for everyone"
    To which I politely asked, " Do they sell magazines inside" and he said yes...I then asked " Do they sell live ammo inside" he again said yes. I just responded with "well, I guess I won't be de-fanged after all" he realized what I was getting at and then repeated' "we're just trying to make it safe"

All in all it was a nice little show and a nice way to burn a couple or three hours even if they do fall for the PC safety mentality.

GONZO!!!

Yes, the loaded magazine thing is a bit silly.

Top Bottom