• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Of course, the wife has tomorrow off which means I am stuck at home with her..

I mean.. I get to spend the day with my darling wife, oh joy. :)

Ahem.

Sorry fellas.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Of course, the wife has tomorrow off which means I am stuck at home with her..

I mean.. I get to spend the day with my darling wife, oh joy. :)

Ahem.

Sorry fellas.

Maybe we'll make her a nice holster for your gonads so they aren't always taking up room in her purse. :whistle:

eta...OH SNAP, too bad I can't rep myself for that one! :D

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have no supplies to bring, but I do have services to exchange for those that let me use there things. I am quite good at lettering guns and such and would be happy to do the lettering on your gun in exchange for using your tools. Below are a few examples.

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Would anybody like to carpool from Hobart. I can drive or someone could pick me up and I'll give some gas money. It doesn't matter to me

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    food wise i was planning on bringing a pound of bacon and case of dr. pepper

tool wise i've got everything listed except a toaster oven

car pool wise if anyone wants to pool with me, i'm at approximately 30 and cline

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm home from the fencing tournament.

Should have gone to the Kydex class instead.

Let's just say the team had its worst day ever. I expected that we could have taken home as many as 4 medals. Even our girls saber team was shut out, which was a shock. We figured there were probably 2 medals to be won by our top 2 girls (my daughter & her friend Laura). In fact we looked at the event matrix and saw that my daughter and Laura would end up fencing each other in the quarter finals and one should have ended up in the top 4 leaving the other placing in the top 8 . . . didn't quite work out that way. Both ended up in the top 16 but given the other competitors at this tournament that was a pretty big shock. We've done better at larger, more competitive tournaments!

Oh well.

Another tournament on Monday night, this one is Saber only. So it will be easier to manage and only last 2 - 3 hours.

Final high school practice is Tuesday.

I start coaching classes on Wednesday to formally learn how to be a "real" fencing coach. No more amateur status for me.

I'd love to see photos of the Kydex holsters you guys made! Post up the pictures with some after action reports!!!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm sure pics will be up as soon as the Kydex high wears off. :D

Very, very informative! I came home with a treasure trove of ideas. Sometimes it just takes the simple act of watching someone else attempt a task to motivate you to do something. I ended up just observing, listening, and asking questions (about the kydex ... not DG's movie collection). I'll be purchasing some kydex and equipment pretty soon. Turnandshoot4, please send those links when you can.

A few more of these and I'll be able to put more names and faces together (minus the Kydex high).

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Here are a few pics I snapped.

Groovatron using the smoosher and the copious selection of tools.
    2012-01-29_12-51-03_574.jpg

Lonehoosier working the heat gun, sadclown smooshing, and danimal working on a holster that proved to be very difficult.
    2012-01-29_16-13-18_873.jpg

Lonehoosier and sadclown. The techniques taught today were very high tech.
    2012-01-29_16-13-40_95.jpg

I had a great time today everyone! Thanks to all for making the drive.

Anyone that wants to contribute an AAR feel free.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    WOW I can not believe how easy it is to make a kydex holsters with just some basic hand tool and a toaster oven. A band saw and a drill press would work out nice if you have one. :) *Turnandshoot was a great teacher and very*patient with us. I had a great time. I did make a IWB holster for my Glock 26 *I have to put on the finishing touches on it but it turn out just the way I wanted it too.
    76c1309a.jpg

8980ba59.jpg

792b8668.jpg

106a7e2c.jpg

a9eaf112.jpg

I also got some more kydex to make some mag holders and some more holster. My son wanted to see the new holster and he wants me to make one for he's toy gun. I think it's going to be a great father son project. *Thanks for opening your home to us. I hope we can do this again. I had to add this picture of clean up.*
    image.jpg

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I'll be finishing my holsters tonight and posting pics. Big thanks to Byron for hosting his.....as well as his wife for putting up with us and preparing an awesome food spread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom