groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    i'm in

1: looking to make an open carry holster for my m&p45 full size

Nice.....I'll be trying to make one for my M&P45 with a TLR-1 on it...

Anybody from my area want to carpool and split gas?

I can drive......shoot me a PM with your number and a good time to call. I got a little 4 banger that gets great gas mileage.

I live in Griffith.......

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    For everyone that is attending, what food are you bringing?

What will you be molding for?

Do you have a design idea?

I'd love to make a OWB slightly canted for my 4" M&P45 w/TLR-1. Also want to do some single pmag holsters.

I will be bringing every tool on your list and a large toaster oven:D

Will you have extra kydex for sale if I wanna bring some home?

As far as food, I'm not sure. I was thinking about whipping somthing up in the crocpot. Maybe polish sausage and kraut?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I plan on starving. (planning on a late arrival ... might bring myself a snack)

Horizontal holster/holder for a tactical light. (2 ct if materials are available)

Holster/holder should be simple open top (taco/hot dog bun shape) with either a belt loop or J-clip.

This is what I have in mind (except for a horizontal orientation):

SLP.jpg

This is what I would prefer to make. I don't know if my creative skills/abilities would be up to the task though. I like that it clips the body of the light and cups the head of the flashlight. Looks like it would allow a quick draw while maintaining a solid hold. It also appears to allow a choice in vertical, canted, or horizontal orientation of the light. If Blackhawk made this for my light, I would buy it outright.: (The one in the middle and right side)

dsc00940br9.jpg

Last edited:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I see what they are doing there. We COULD make that, but the tek-lok makes it difficult. Those are $10 a piece.

We could definately make one on a single belt loop.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd love to make a OWB slightly canted for my 4" M&P45 w/TLR-1. Also want to do some single pmag holsters.

I will be bringing every tool on your list and a large toaster oven:D

Will you have extra kydex for sale if I wanna bring some home?

As far as food, I'm not sure. I was thinking about whipping somthing up in the crocpot. Maybe polish sausage and kraut?

Easily done! Most of what raven makes we can make. If it only needs kydex, rivets, and chicago screws we have this down.

The toaster oven will be perfect. That will be one of our bottle necks in ths project.

The kydex will be the issue. My shipment has been delayed until Monday.

This doesn't make this class a total failure, but everyone might not get to make a bunch of items.

On hand is:
    1 12"x24" woodland ACU
    1 12"x12" woodland ACU
    1 12"x12" black

I am working on scrounging up kydex from outside sources. If the shipment comes through ahead of schedule then we will be fine. It is in IL now so hopefully it will be delivered Saturday. However, I'm not holding my breath.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Re-reading the OP, I have decided to bring a selection of delicious micro-brews and some tamales.

Excellent!

I will also be going to CP show on Sat......I'll see if I can find any kydex sheets there.
    This would help a whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A belt loop or J-hook will be fine for the flashlight holder. I don't need the tek-lok.

Good. I have a design idea. We'll have to be creative.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    schererville gun show is this weekend at the banquet hall again, i'll stop in saturday to see if anyone has some kydex for sale

melensdad, i pass by the 1101 on the way to work every morning around 7:45. if you want i can pick it up and bring it with me to the class and stop by either shop sunday night or monday morning to drop it back off. i'm also taking tomorrow afternoon off work on play grease monkey with the car and do the emissions test for the wife's truck so i can swing something later in the day too. i'm PMing you my cell# if you're interested

i was planning on making an owb holster for the m&p, but since i don't have a double double-stack mag carrier yet, and if we can't get more kydex, i'd rather have the carrier than the holster

did i mention bacon???

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Looks I might be off Sunday so I hope to attend :)
    If so, i'll bring brauts, buns and mustard. Some pop also.
    I'll be bringing a Glock 32, Sig P239 and maybe a CZ 75 P01 for templates.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Kydex has arrived!!!

Post office just dropped it off 3 days early!!!!

We now have:

7 pieces of 24"x12" kydex in: Black
    2 pieces of 12"x12" kydex in: Black
    1 piece of 24"x12" kydex in: ACU

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What will you be molding for?

Do you have a design idea?

I'm there for a holster for my buddy's Beretta 90-two with a light/laser. He'd prefer a paddle holster, but if that's not something we can do, belt loops are fine.
    It's a cool looking gun, I wish I could take it out and shoot it while I have it. I'm curious how a holster is gonna accommodate this massive light.
    IMG-20120128-00095.jpg

Time and material permitting, I might also like to make one for my dad's Walther P22.

Anyone bringing anything food/drink wise other groovatron?
    I wasn't planning on partaking in the food and drink...but if there's anything specific you'd like me to bring I wouldn't mind picking something up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom