Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is now information that's three years old, with three-ish more years of Obama travel tacked on but it gives good numbers

http://ijr.com/2014/03/123748-money-well-spent-obama-now/

So you honestly cannot see how it could work out that Trump winds up spending less than previous administrations if he stays closer to home
    Spending less than the previous guy does not make one fiscally responsible. You are so hung up on what Obama did that you can't see anything beyond that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fiscally responsible for me would be to push for a balanced budget amendment and put in place a plan to begin paying down the structural debt, no matter how small that process had to start out

If he did that it wouldn't matter to me if he lived in Palm Beach 24/7

So, given that criteria, it should be obvious that nothing Obama did is really of great concern to me as it would not even show on the radar. The people attempting to make some big financial deal out of where this president chooses to spend his time would seem to be the ones lacking consistency

If you wish me to take what criticism you make seriously, your zeal for fiscal responsibility should have been consistent across any previous administration, not a recent epiphany

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Fiscally responsible for me would be to push for a balanced budget amendment and put in place a plan to begin paying down the structural debt, no matter how small that process had to start out

If he did that it wouldn't matter to me if he lived in Palm Beach 24/7

So, given that criteria, it should be obvious that nothing Obama did is really of great concern to me as it would not even show on the radar. The people attempting to make some big financial deal out of where this president chooses to spend his time would seem to be the ones lacking consistency

If you wish me to take what criticism you make seriously, your zeal for fiscal responsibility should have been consistent across any previous administration, not a recent epiphany

I'm sorry, but I listened to President Trump's bluster about the cost of a new Air Force One for weeks, so it really rubs me the wrong way seeing him make unnecessary and costly jaunts down to Florida every weekend. If he's going to constantly be down there, might as well call up Boeing and just pimp that new ride out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hear what you're saying, but I don't think he needs to become some sort of fiscal Mother Theresa now that he has been elected. Should he not beef up the military or build the wall because it will add to the debt? Hell, if Yellen raises interest rates it will likely add more to the debt than anything Trump could do. What's a quarter point times $19.4trillion ( I know, it will take years for all that debt to roll over at the new rates, but you get the drift )

What about Trump would lead you to believe he would change his way of life one iota more than he absolutely has to as president. The constant wall of noise about what Trump is or is not doing just drowns out most informational content. Peeps cannot see that Trump supporters knew he was far from perfect, so when they attempt to point that out to us we're just ... meh. It's enough that he's attempting a lot of what he campaigned on, swimming against the current all the way. I don't recall him campaigning on "If elected president I will live like a bonze"

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I hear what you're saying, but I don't think he needs to become some sort of fiscal Mother Theresa now that he has been elected. Should he not beef up the military or build the wall because it will add to the debt? Hell, if Yellen raises interest rates it will likely add more to the debt than anything Trump could do. What's a quarter point times $19.4trillion ( I know, it will take years for all that debt to roll over at the new rates, but you get the drift )

What about Trump would lead you to believe he would change his way of life one iota more than he absolutely has to as president. The constant wall of noise about what Trump is or is not doing just drowns out most informational content. Peeps cannot see that Trump supporters knew he was far from perfect, so when they attempt to point that out to us we're just ... meh. It's enough that he's attempting a lot of what he campaigned on, swimming against the current all the way. I don't recall him campaigning on "If elected president I will live like a bonze"

I'm a Trump supporter, but I just can't get past him railing against fiscal irresponsibility, then turning around and adding to the taxpayer burden by making these unnecessary trips. It feels like a parent telling his kid, "don't do drugs" while smoking a big fatty. A big thumbs down from me on this subject.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm a Trump supporter, but I just can't get past him railing against fiscal irresponsibility, then turning around and adding to the taxpayer burden by making these unnecessary trips. It feels like a parent telling his kid, "don't do drugs" while smoking a big fatty. A big thumbs down from me on this subject.

You take issues with trips but not a practically pointless border wall, trying to rescue social security, or granting health insurance entitlements?

I think your priorities are wrong if you're concerned with fiscal responsibility.

I'm fine with all these things because I understand how our debt actually works. If he achieves his magical 4% growth, which isn't necessarily looking impossible, we'll be good for it.

We're running 107% over GDP currently. China is booming like nothing else and they're safely running 250% over GDP in debt. National debt is not like credit card debt.

I also don't mind if the president parties hard as long as he works hard. So far I'd say he's earning his free time.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you missed the part where I state my belief that it is too early to tell. What is the standard for comparison? I would assume that it would be comparison to the expenses generated by previous administrations as a comparison - and recent ones at that to minimize the effects of inflation/post 9/11 concerns on same

One would think you could see that if, at the end of the first year of his first term, Trump's expenditures from the treasury included more trips to Mar-a-Lago but fewer trips abroad that he could end up spending less than a comparable predecessor on an annualized basis. If you don't wait, then how will you know. I have asserted elsewhere that the only valid comparison you can make at this time would be to the first six weeks of a previous administration. I await enlightenment on this crucial period

People are criticizing the appearance of profligate spending without attaching it to any rational basis for comparison. Would it be enough to satisfy the mob to simply just take a day or two less time off than ... who ... are we only comparing to obama? Or does he have to restrict his free time to satisfy you, personally? Should he just take no time off at all? I suspect if you expect Trump to adhere to your personal perceptions of what you want 'your' president to do, you are doomed to disappointment. This just seems another variation on shaming

Okay. Now you're participating in answering the real question, rather than trying to attack accusers.

About that, consider the reports that it costs tax-payers ~$3M per weekend stay in Mar a-Largo. As I said, in the grand scheme of things, NOT spending $3M per weekend stay isn't going to make much of a dent in overall spending. And $3M sounds pretty high. Maybe they're embellishing that--I wouldn't be surprised the unfacts are reported these days.

But it is hard to take Trump's feigned fiscal responsibility seriously when he unnecessarily spends what is surely a very large sum of money on these weekend get-a-ways. I think he's on trip #4 now, and he's only been president for what, 6 weeks?

In 2012, after it was reported that Obama's Hawaii vacation cost taxpayers $3.5M, Trump tweeted "President Obama’s vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars----Unbelievable!" After seeing him rightly complain about Obama's unnecessary spending on luxurious vacations, it surely doesn't look much like he really regards fiscal responsibility at all.

I don't like the wasteful spending. It doesn't matter if it's more or less than Obama spent. It's that simple. It also does not sit so well with me that he gives the left so much ammunition to attack him with. I mean, it really looks bad for him to have made so much noise himself about Obama's spending when he's doing the same thing. There's only so far "well, at least he's not Hillary" can go. Not having to deal with Hillary is pretty great. I'm very pleased about that. But we're paying a great price for it, and that price isn't just about money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]

I don't like the wasteful spending. It doesn't matter if it's more or less than Obama spent. It's that simple. It also does not sit so well with me that he gives the left so much ammunition to attack him with. I mean, it really looks bad for him to have made so much noise himself about Obama's spending when he's doing the same thing. There's only so far "well, at least he's not Hillary" can go. Not having to deal with Hillary is pretty great. I'm very pleased about that. But we're paying a great price for it, and that price isn't just about money.

I can only agree with you here. I wish he would stop handing them bullets for their guns. He may be somewhat armored against the constant attacks by the press, but he shouldn't think that there is no cumulative damage

I hold some hope that the speech he just gave is indicative of awareness of this. But as I said before, I don't expect him to suddenly become a monk.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, President Trump does hand them a lot of low hanging fruit. He makes it easy.

However, President Obama before him and Secretary/Candidate HR Clinton ALSO handed them a lot, the difference was that #1) the fruit wasn't so low hanging, and; #2) it was not looked for with the same aggressiveness that the media is now using on Pres Trump.

I don't mind the media scrutinizing what any elected official says, but what I DO mind is that they are jackasses about how they barely went after anything HRC said on the campaign trail and now they want us to trust them?:xmad:

BS! :bs:

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, President Trump does hand them a lot of low hanging fruit. He makes it easy.

However, President Obama before him and Secretary/Candidate HR Clinton ALSO handed them a lot, the difference was that #1) the fruit wasn't so low hanging, and; #2) it was not looked for with the same aggressiveness that the media is now using on Pres Trump.

I don't mind the media scrutinizing what any elected official says, but what I DO mind is that they are jackasses about how they barely went after anything HRC said on the campaign trail and now they want us to trust them?:xmad:

BS! :bs:

Regards,

Doug

I have to agree with all of that. In a large way, the media is responsible for the phenomenon of Trump. This should be a lesson to the left on the Overton Window, including the media. Eight years ago policy was certainly not ideal, but was at least acceptable to most people. But in the last 8 years the press partnered with Obama to push policy from what was acceptable 8 years ago, to what they are now, policy that would have been unthinkable back then.

Trump indeed gives the media low hanging fruit. I wish he would just stop it. In stead of giving them true negative stories, I want him to make them have to make up false negatives. Then, as truth tends to come out, it reveals their deceptive reporting, and people realize they've been betrayed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The 5 Stages Of A Trump Scandal | Daily Wire

[quore]But because Trump has become such a controversial litmus test, everyone's reacting to Trump rather than to the truth. That means truth becomes secondary, which actually helps Trump, since his commitment to the truth is less than strict.[/quote]

I'd say this is fairly accurate. So far, taking Trump literally has proven to be a waste of time for his opponents.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You are correct, but that's only if they are charged under FEDERAL laws in federal court. If they are charged under state law, then state penalties apply... and even though the minimum is supposed to be 3 years, felons charged with firearm possession are out within a year on average:

Gun shy: Lighter sentences in Cook County fuel lock ?em up debate | Chicago Sun-Times

So, if Trump's DOJ starts prosecuting federal firearms charges, those folks will be locked up for a long time, not just a year or less... or maybe they'll give up some bigger fish for reduced charges/time.
    A couple months ago, the question was how Trump could help clean up Chicago... one answer, a big one, was to up Federal prosecution of Chicago gang members. Here's a recent example, two convicted felons sent to federal prison on Felon Possessing Firearms charges for 9 year 2 months, and 7 years 1 month. According to the press release, both PLEAD DOWN to these sentences.

Bottom line, it's a game changer vs Chicago/Illinois putting them away for a year or less.

Two Convicted Felons from Chicago Area Sentenced to Prison on Federal Firearm Offenses:
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/p...rea-sentenced-prison-federal-firearm-offenses

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A couple months ago, the question was how Trump could help clean up Chicago... one answer, a big one, was to up Federal prosecution of Chicago gang members. Here's a recent example, two convicted felons sent to federal prison on Felon Possessing Firearms charges for 9 year 2 months, and 7 years 1 month. According to the press release, both PLEAD DOWN to these sentences.

Bottom line, it's a game changer vs Chicago/Illinois putting them away for a year or less.

Two Convicted Felons from Chicago Area Sentenced to Prison on Federal Firearm Offenses:
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/p...rea-sentenced-prison-federal-firearm-offenses

They should've got more. They SHOT a guy.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Maybe, this has nothing to do, with anything, but .....

I am watching Fox news, Tucker Carlson, and it has been reported that

Mr., Trump .....

Pres., Trump,

"made" $150 MILLION last year .....

and he ONLY paid $38 MILLION in taxes .....

Now there are some of you out there, that are "smarter" than me, but .....

30% is $45 million .....

so what is wrong, with the amount of money,

that Pres., Trump paid in taxes .....

If I made that kind of money, I would want

EVERY deduction, that was legal .....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Mr., Trump .....

Pres., Trump,

30% is $45 million .....

EVERY deduction, that was legal .....

Not last year, it's apparently from 2005.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    [video]https://youtu.be/-qXjsMK_MnU?t=17s[/video]

giphy.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Mr., Trump .....

Pres., Trump,

30% is $45 million .....

EVERY deduction, that was legal ..

EVERYONE wants every legal deduction. NO ONE wants to pay more taxes than they have to.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't this from 2005? I bet his income/investments shifted BIGLY 2007-2011.

What bothers me about his taxes isn't what the numbers are. I'm sure they're big. It is more that he won't willingly disclose them as a sign of good faith now that he's POTUS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, Trump has done all he legally needs to do. Offering up anything else for the enemy to pick apart and turn into "news" :rolleyes: is non productive.

It's interesting that this illegal release of stolen documents come the day before a Trump rally. Wonder what they are planning for after the rally to tamp down the great public sentiment Trump rally's generate?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Isn't this from 2005? I bet his income/investments shifted BIGLY 2007-2011.

What bothers me about his taxes isn't what the numbers are. I'm sure they're big. It is more that he won't willingly disclose them as a sign of good faith now that he's POTUS.
    I really don't care about his tax returns, and I am not exactly a fan.

Top Bottom