Koran Burner fired from his JOB (Violation of 1A?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What if a soldier burnt a flag? I'm sure a firing would be preferable to what the soldier would receive.

That would bother me, what is a soldier made to say when he joins the military?

It's not that the employer has all the rights as to when he can fire you nor the employee have every right to keep his job, there has to be some kind of balance though. I don't think this guy crossed the line.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Except you are choosing to ignore the fact that his employer was the govnernment, and they can not be allowed to violate Constitutional rights merely because their victim is an employee.

Actually, you are wrong. But that's ok. Read the Constitution again, in particular the 1st Amendment.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    A Man should not be fired on anything other than work-related performances.

The fact that a man can be fired based on Beliefs is nothing short of tyrannical intimidation.

I have the right to associate or not associate with anyone I wish.

A job is a type of association. I associate with you because you perform a service for me. You associate with me because I pay you for that service. Either of us should be able to end that association at any time for any or no reason.

If you work for me, but I'm an anti-gun activist during my free time, so you quit, is it tyranny that you've deprived me of your needed services?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I have the right to associate or not associate with anyone I wish.

A job is a type of association. I associate with you because you perform a service for me. You associate with me because I pay you for that service. Either of us should be able to end that association at any time for any or no reason.

If you work for me, but I'm an anti-gun activist during my free time, so you quit, is it tyranny that you've deprived me of your needed services?

But that isnt the way the world works. I never got to pick my boss; I had to settle, and I was forced to do that for the paycheck.

What would happen if your boss didnt approve of homosexual practices, and fired you (Disclaimer, Dross is not a homo.) you would have legal recourse.

A boss who fires you for speaking your mind, is a violation of 1A.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The world does not owe anyone good choices.

It isnt the world, Fletch.

Do you think it was right, constitutionally, when White business men, told blacks they could not work there?

The man was not fired for anything remotely work related; He certainly was not a dbag.

This whole freedom to/from association is ridiculous illusion. I wonder how many people, regrettably work for some ahole, but for one reason alone, the paycheck.

That to me, alludes little differences to servitude.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It isnt the world, Fletch.

Do you think it was right, constitutionally, when White business men, told blacks they could not work there?

The man was not fired for anything remotely work related; He certainly was not a dbag.

This whole freedom to/from association is ridiculous illusion. I wonder how many people, regrettably work for some ahole, but for one reason alone, the paycheck.

That to me, alludes little differences to servitude.

Your need for a paycheck doesn't give you power over me.

You didn't answer my question. There are situations where the guy who works for the employer is the key to the business. Is it tyranny if he leaves his job for a non-work related reason and that causes the guy to lose his business?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

I think it is wrong to force anyone to associate with anyone else. I don't believe in arranged marriages for pretty much the same reason as I don't believe in telling folks they must hire persons they don't want to hire. "Constitutionally" doesn't enter into it.

No person forced you to take the job you didn't really want. Your circumstances may have made that the best of a bunch of crummy choices, but that's not the same as someone holding a gun to your head, either literally or through the metaphor of law, and demanding that you take the job.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think it is wrong to force anyone to associate with anyone else. I don't believe in arranged marriages for pretty much the same reason as I don't believe in telling folks they must hire persons they don't want to hire. "Constitutionally" doesn't enter into it.

But I NEED to be married to someone, and I'm super ugly, I smell, and I have a bad disposition. In fact, I'm monumentally unlovable. That means I don't choose my spouse, and if she leaves me it's tyranny.

Top Bottom