• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    My latest purchases. Just got the Megalodon 325 in the mail yesterday.

image_zpscffdif4y.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    First up is a knife my great grandpa made on the railroad in the 40s I think maybe earlier. Only a few were made by him and a few buddies of his, last one around as far as I know. Been passed down to me.

Next is my dedicated truck knife. Because you never know.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Depends. LEO and military were able to carry them

Incorrect. There was no exception in the Indiana Code for law enforcement personnel to possess automatic knives prior to the current law. Police officers carrying autos were in violation of Indiana law just as a private citizen might have during that time period. Who could actually do it without worry over penalty is a different question.

I don't remember if military on duty had an exception, so I can't address it (I don't think there was, though).

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Military could carry. I bought that knife at the PX on Camp Cedar Iraq as a birthday present to myself in July of 2005. However I retired in 09 so I may have been mistaken in remembering I carried it in Indiana prior to the law change... My TBI does give me memory issues.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I found this Marble years ago in an old tackle box that belonged to my father. When I found it a quarter inch of the tip was broken off, leather handle material was rotted, and the guard was in really sad shape. I used cholla and red epoxy for the new handle, a new guard, and for the pommel I used a steel penny. I reshaped the tip and I found a sheath that fit very nicely. Was a fun resurrection project.

View attachment 41311View attachment 41312

View attachment 41313

View attachment 41314

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Depends. LEO and military were able to carry them

military could on base, but the police couldn't, police are not above the law! in fact, a couple of isp officers at the Evansville post got suspended for carrying them

Military could carry. I bought that knife at the PX on Camp Cedar Iraq as a birthday present to myself in July of 2005. However I retired in 09 so I may have been mistaken in remembering I carried it in Indiana prior to the law change... My TBI does give me memory issues.

yes you could buy it, and you could carry it on base, but off base was a civil misdemeanor, military were not above the law either! did law enforcement look the other way when a service member had one, yes they did, but could you have been given a ticket for carrying one, yes you could

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Incorrect. There was no exception in the Indiana Code for law enforcement personnel to possess automatic knives prior to the current law. Police officers carrying autos were in violation of Indiana law just as a private citizen might have during that time period. Who could actually do it without worry over penalty is a different question.

I don't remember if military on duty had an exception, so I can't address it (I don't think there was, though).

military could on base, but the police couldn't, police are not above the law! in fact, a couple of isp officers at the Evansville post got suspended for carrying them

yes you could buy it, and you could carry it on base, but off base was a civil misdemeanor, military were not above the law either! did law enforcement look the other way when a service member had one, yes they did, but could you have been given a ticket for carrying one, yes you could

Didn't know either of those. I know a former police officer who used to buy autos during the ban, always thought he could buy and carry because of his job.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Congrats on the 0301 man, that was my first "beefy" higher-dollar knife. Be careful around those ZT knives, they are definitely gateway drugs of the highest order.

Top Bottom