• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Cooked slabs of meat have fallen prey to a ZT0200, ZT0301, and ZT0560 in my hands. I did not take photos, though. D'OH!

Like a competitive chopper. What I have seen is usally more monotone. Cant see the fibers.

I like ZT. They have kinda lost me a little with all there new stuff and new higher priced less machined knives. But I do digress, oh how they attack a steak.

rcFK13

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    My stomach is growling like crazy now thanks, where you eating? I bet that 801 destroyed that steak.

Last week at Texas road house. Ordered food right before 6 pm. Got the 8.99 menu. Haha, cheap steak for a expensive knife.

My Winkler Dynamis also has the horse stall handles, and they're like you said, more uniform looking. I think it's because the handles are flatter though, and less carved out. I love the material though, sticks to your hand like it's glued to it. It's got to be pretty damn tough material too, when you consider it's designed for 1000 pounds on 4 sharp hoofs to walking around on it day in and day out.
    I have handled it before it definitely is a good material. I have rubber mats here at work than can handle tons of pressure. But they are nearly slick as wood even after being shaped.

Cooked slabs of meat have fallen prey to a ZT0200, ZT0301, and ZT0560 in my hands. I did not take photos, though. D'OH!

I believe all my ZT'S have cut meat. not very many in restaurants. But at work on lunch eating left overs.

Here is a busse(that rhino might like because it is thinner) attacking a baked pork chop at work on lunch.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I believe all my ZT'S have cut meat. not very many in restaurants. But at work on lunch eating left overs.

My meat cutting is mostly in restaurants or other people's houses. I don't often have such fare at home.

I have decimated a lot fruit at home, though!

Here is a busse(that rhino might like because it is thinner) attacking a baked pork chop at work on lunch.

Maybe . . . maybe . . .

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    image.jpg

Sorry about out the lame picture. Posting from an iPhone. But this jewel is fresh from the 1500. Been eyeballing a Volli online for a while, and decided I would try to look at one tonight. Well, I couldn't give it back after it was in my hand. Thanks Brads knives and Knife Lady!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just got my first ZT. I have to say I get it now. I understand why they are so highly praised. My fiance just gave me this for our seventh anniversary. A ZT 0550BW Gen2 Blade HQ exclusive along with the grey Terotuf scale from Bella Blades that I've had in my wish list for months trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not. Well I got a bit bummed last week when they went out of stock. Here she comes today with a blue and black box in her hands and gives me this along with the custom scale. She must have gotten the last one in the pile and its awesome! the grey/black coloring on the scale looks better than I even imagined it in my head with the blackwash finish.

My Girl rocks!

knife%20pics%20001_zpsg6q9yckt.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    knife%20pics%20002_zpsdyxnkzfd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    knife%20pics%20003_zps2zoum2lk.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Picked up this new one. I have always wanted a Graham Folder but the customs are just so expensive and hard to come by. I figured I would grab one of his midtech knives since I heard great things about them. This thing fires like a rocket. Strong detent so when it breaks loose it will almost flip out of your hand. Top 2-3 of all the knives I've ever handled for best flipping action. With only a 2" blade it is amazing it still flies open. Fit and finish on mine is near perfect as well. Just an all around sweet knife. Oh and he pocket tail clip Jon designed is also super nice rides deep and doesn't even resemble a knife in my pocket.
    Graham Stubby Razel
    Next to my Izula 2

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Is the Spike Hawk exclusively a weapon? Seems like the shape of the edge would make it a poor chopper of wood and other materials, but I admit my ignorance.

I've read that it's an old style borrowed from headhunters from the Phillipines. A normal flat face can glance off of a round target. With these, the point sticks and then the rest of the face drives in behind it. It still chops wood pretty well with that spike, but it's definitely there for defensive purposes more, especially when you consider that it's designed by Rafael Kayanan (a Tuhon in Sayoc Kali). The sweet spot in the head is between the two angles on the face, and they drive whatever you're hitting into the vertex. Though I've found that it likes to get somewhat stuck if I drive it into something really hard like hickory or curly maple. That said though, a tool of this size is more suited for smaller task anyhow rather than splitting big chunks of firewood all day.
    It also serves some pretty utilitarian purposes like a skinning blade, which I found it excels at during last years deer season. Also, If you look at the swell of the handle near the head, it has the same profile as a Sig P226, and is very comfortable to choke up on and do fine work with (as well as punch **** stuff with). They're pretty popular in the Kali world, such as the Tracker Dan Grey Matter (The Graymatter? - Tracker Dan Designs) and Sayoc Warhawk by Head Hunter Blades (Sayoc Store - Sayoc Kali -).

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've read that it's an old style borrowed from headhunters from the Phillipines. A normal flat face can glance off of a round target. With these, the point sticks and then the rest of the face drives in behind it. It still chops wood pretty well with that spike, but it's definitely there for defensive purposes more, especially when you consider that it's designed by Rafael Kayanan (a Tuhon in Sayoc Kali). The sweet spot in the head is between the two angles on the face, and they drive whatever you're hitting into the vertex. Though I've found that it likes to get somewhat stuck if I drive it into something really hard like hickory or curly maple. That said though, a tool of this size is more suited for smaller task anyhow rather than splitting big chunks of firewood all day.
    It also serves some pretty utilitarian purposes like a skinning blade, which I found it excels at during last years deer season. Also, If you look at the swell of the handle near the head, it has the same profile as a Sig P226, and is very comfortable to choke up on and do fine work with (as well as punch **** stuff with). There pretty popular in the Kali world, such as the Tracker Dan Grey Matter (The Graymatter? - Tracker Dan Designs) and Sayoc Warhawk by Head Hunter Blades (Sayoc Store - Sayoc Kali -).

Thank you, sir!

Now that you mention it, now I realize why the profile seemed familiar!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This is my MOD Mark V ATAC. I used this knife in Iraq, so it has a special place in my heart. Sorry for the boring photo. I was inside at my desk when I thought of taking that shot.

Best thing is the handle. It fits my hand like no other. The most comfortable and secure grip I could ever want in a knife. (until someone makes one with a handle shaped like a 36C) :): I just had it sharpened by Rob (nova512). He does a great job on sharpening blades for a good price. Wish he lived closer to me. He completely redid the profile on the top edge, and after over 3 hrs of work, she cuts like a dream. I also had him do several other knives for me. The top "false edge" on my KaBar, and the bottom edge are now both shaving sharp...

Here is a shot of my Benchmade AFO II. Sometimes you just don't feel like getting Dairy Queen chili dog sauce in your mustache and beard.

Say hello to my little friend. I took my issue army folder on a cruise over spring break. It made short work of those soft croissants that my table knife was butchering. Cut like a dream after being sharpened by Rob.

Top Bottom