• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, since you have that nice Mora and even nicer Krein, you can give your Grayman Satu Scandi grind to me. You don't need it!

Nice knives! I'd wager a huge part of why that O-1 blade is so sharp (compared to other blades with similar or identical edge geometry) is because it's O-1 with a good heat treatment. Not all steels will allow you to have a very thin edge because the carbides that form are too coarse (440C is the prime example).

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Nice stuff Grunt :yesway: Did you order that Mears stuff from across the pond? I've wanted to order a Ti honey stove, zebra head billy cans, and some water stones from his store for a while now. I've felt the same way about a 4 - 5" knife for a while. If I need much more than that, I find myself reaching for a hawk or an Axe.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I guess sonething bit me but I've really been liking some tradionals lately. Here are a few of my newest acquisitions.
    A Case XX Mini Trapper and a custom John Lloyd Mammoth Bark Swayback Jack. I believe the Case is their stainless steel and the Lloyd is cmp 154. I really love the Mammoth handles on the Lloyd and the craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing on it.
    83dae90d4e64823f31f792410a938ec0_zps6d6d3295.jpg

3be54ba8c3b073fbc1bd6b690923b966_zps55af8b20.jpg

56b8bfe98983c8c0f0d2298cc6382450_zps87d47151.jpg

a28a41f61d7ff09ccba2715199561813_zps26d0ceec.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ooh, I like that Lloyd! Very funky combination of shapes and a cool handle. Where'd you find it?

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ooh, I like that Lloyd! Very funky combination of shapes and a cool handle. Where'd you find it?

Thank you. I bought it from a dealer John sells knives through. VCM Knives is his website. It is a pretty standard swayback jack pattern. Case make some pretty decent ones still for very reasonable prices. If you are looking for something custom like a Lloyd then it can get expensive easily. Especially if you are wanting anything with mammoth or any other type of ivory.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks, it's supposed to be an older one with M390 steel, I e-mailed Jim today asking about it but didn't get back to me. I like it, very smooth. Lock doesn't stick like the Hinderers, CR, or Grayman, it's much easier to use. Still trying to get used to that

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Got my first 'real' knife to replace the other crappy ones I have. Prior to this I'd use a cheap $2 (Yes, $2) Wal-Mart knife or a SOG one that came in my 3-day bag I got for x-mas. The SOG was alright but has been re-sharpened a bunch. Anyhow, as per recomendations on the Reddit Knifeclub for a good knife under $100 I picked up the Spyderco Dragonfly 2 for $52~

FPxcGcN.jpg

81brWlB.jpg

46DPEwQ.jpg

So far, so good. I use a knife for just general stuff. Opening boxes and packages, cutting through tape, breaking down boxes, cutting tags off stuff, etc. Was able to dry shave a little patch of hair off my arm with this when it came in. Still sharp after slicing through some boxes and what not.

Smaller than I antiticpated... and I'll probably order something larger, but I like that it fits in my 'small pocket' (whatever it's called) that I used to use for a lighter when I smoked. :)

Top Bottom