• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Personally I don't see much difference in a bunch of these groups (BLM, NBPP), some are celebrated by the media, some aren't.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Klan recruiting rally....really.

So they're thinking that there are isolated racists without access to the internet just sitting around thinking: "if only I could find a group of like minded people with whom I can share my hatred of non-whites....and white Catholics and Jews regardless of color, but to my knowledge, no such group exists."

Recruiting isn't the aim here, its visibility, to what end, I have no idea, but visibility they seek, and they have received. Nice job, media.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    If I weren't so busy, I would show up to voice my support

for anyone who wants to tar and feather a clan member.

In other news, for those who don't know, Madison County is ground zero for the KKK. If they have to hold recruiting events in their own back yard, they must really be in bad shape.

Let's hope so!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When some crosses were burned in Mississippi, one white pastor roasted marshmallows over the flames in his front yard.
    An OWG (old white guy) who was a trustee of a Methodist church said, "You Klan members might want to remember we also own deer rifles and know how to use them."

My advice is, if you're a klanner planning mischief, y'all best be careful.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Several years ago, I had an interesting conversation with a man who had closely studied the history of the KKK from Nathaniel Bedford Forrest through the present. The trend, down from the high water mark of the prohibition-era, was for the Klan of today to be made up of small 'mom and pop' Klans. He also pointed out that when you would see KKK rallies around the country, you would see the same couple of dozen people in various combinations at any given time organizing them with a mixed bag of locals showing up ranging from the philosophically committed to the merely curious. I should also point out that the man was not downplaying the phenomenon for political reasons as his philosophy was pretty well on the same page with the KKK. The bottom line is that it is a dying movement. I am concerned, however, that a continuation of the flagrant double standard I am about to explore could potentially result in a reversal of fortune in the KKK's recruiting efforts, much in the same way that many inmates in a prison who are not naturally so inclined will join a gang as a means of protection from real or perceived threats.

Some things I can't help but notice:

My non-endorsement of such organizations notwithstanding, I have a difficult time understanding why a KKK event, no matter how peaceful (in terms of lack of physical confrontation/violence) sparks the same reaction as if Satan himself organized a rally, but we don't see the same reaction to other groups including but not limited to BLM and NBPP, regardless of how much property they burn, how many heads they crack, or how many citizens they deprive of their right to vote. In short, why is it OK for minorities to be racists, and express that racism with violence, but it is considered an abomination when the shoe is on the other foot, even when strictly limited to speech?

We also have a trend in which any criticism of a minority individual is considered an act of racism regardless of truth or merit, and conversely, all non-minority citizens are considered to be the beneficiaries of unjust privilege, no matter their socio-economic state, and are further considered fair game to be held responsible for most any real or perceived wrong committed by any white person, living or dead.

We simply cannot operate a free society of the type we claim to believe in operating without applying the principles behind it evenly. Government, media, and special interest groups picking who are acceptable victims and who are acceptable perpetrators is diametrically opposite of the society we claim to want to have in which there should be no victims and no perpetrators.

As it is, we are left with this truthful observation:

Personally I don't see much difference in a bunch of these groups (BLM, NBPP), some are celebrated by the media, some aren't.

Unfortunately, we are seeing public policy crafted to conform with the warped worldview which brings us the aforementioned observation.

Oh, I almost forgot--no I don't believe that the small handful of remaining Klansmen are above trying to latch onto Trump's coat tails as he unites the fed up citizens of the nation in the attempt to bolster their generally unsuccessful efforts to remain relevant.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    The KKK is no different than any other radical fringe group. They have used terrorist tactics just like Al Qaeda/ISIS. And just like Islamic radicals, they can be/were seen as being representative of white Christian Americans to the people they terrorized, raped, and murdered (just like many Americans view Islamic terrorists--the idea all followers of Islam are the same). Those are the historical facts behind the ways of thinking that are at the heart of groups like BLM and NBPP. Do I agree with the actions taken by people in the name of these groups? Of course not. It's no more right than the way that people of color were treated 50 years ago. Innocent people are being killed or injured for the uniform they wear or the lack of melanin in their skin. However, to say that the ideas that the KKK flouts are innocent is simply wrong to me. The speeches made and ideas presented at these types of events can and do move people to commit violence on the so-called "enemy."

We simply cannot operate a free society of the type we claim to believe in operating without applying the principles behind it evenly. Government, media, and special interest groups picking who are acceptable victims and who are acceptable perpetrators is diametrically opposite of the society we claim to want to have in which there should be no victims and no perpetrators.

The above is the definition of "privilege." When people talk about "white privilege," they're referring to whites being the only acceptable perpetrators of violence against others and the only actual/feasible victims in any situation between a white person and a minority.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    way back in 1986, after I graduated from high school, me, my best friend(ted) and his gf (susan) took a trip to north Carolina to see a great friend that had moved there, we left on a Saturday after I got off work, we were in the middle of Tennessee on a interstate dark probally about 10-11 at nite, I was in the back seat about 1/2 asleep, when I saw a fire off to the left, as we got closer I noticed it was getting bigger and brighter, then I figured out what it was.....a burning cross as big as a two story house!, the driver (ted) didn't notice it...i was now wide awake, and looked at ted and said floor it! get us the hell out of here!....have you ever seen a 1982 chevy citation do 100 mph?.....after about 5 minuets, we slowed down....the driver (ted) is about 10 percent native American, all in the skin, in the dark im sure some sheet wearing cracker would have mistaken him for Hispanic....what wouldn't have helped was his blond haired blue eyed girlfriend in the front seat.

closest ive ever been to a klansman, and don't want to ever be that close again!, unless im the one protesting them!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    way back in 1986, after I graduated from high school, me, my best friend(ted) and his gf (susan) took a trip to north Carolina to see a great friend that had moved there, we left on a Saturday after I got off work, we were in the middle of Tennessee on a interstate dark probally about 10-11 at nite, I was in the back seat about 1/2 asleep, when I saw a fire off to the left, as we got closer I noticed it was getting bigger and brighter, then I figured out what it was.....a burning cross as big as a two story house!, the driver (ted) didn't notice it...i was now wide awake, and looked at ted and said floor it! get us the hell out of here!....have you ever seen a 1982 chevy citation do 100 mph?.....after about 5 minuets, we slowed down....the driver (ted) is about 10 percent native American, all in the skin, in the dark im sure some sheet wearing cracker would have mistaken him for Hispanic....what wouldn't have helped was his blond haired blue eyed girlfriend in the front seat.

closest ive ever been to a klansman, and don't want to ever be that close again!, unless im the one protesting them!

No, but I've seen a 1979 Citation (4 cyl, 4 speed) go over 107 mph . . . a few times.

Top Bottom