Kids playing outside? Not anymore - Take them into custody, officer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who is the Mrs. Kravitz who has it out for these parents?

Someone should burn her house down...I mean...have a talk with her.

...and yes, I was being sexist by assuming it's a "her"....if it's sexist to take what you know about human behavior and make a couple of assumptions....I'm sexist.

Heck, I'll go all in.

I think the woman reporting this is white, at least slightly overweight, and her hair is now short enough to be off her shoulders, but she had more hair (and less of her) when she got married. She has natural dark hair, but it is either highlighted or dyed. She is between 35 and 50 years of age with at least 2 children who are very much looking forward to moving out of the house.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Who is the Mrs. Kravitz who has it out for these parents?

Someone should burn her house down...I mean...have a talk with her.

...and yes, I was being sexist by assuming it's a "her"....if it's sexist to take what you know about human behavior and make a couple of assumptions....I'm sexist.

Heck, I'll go all in.

I think the woman reporting this is white, at least slightly overweight, and her hair is now short enough to be off her shoulders, but she had more hair (and less of her) when she got married. She has natural dark hair, but it is either highlighted or dyed. She is between 35 and 50 years of age with at least 2 children who are very much looking forward to moving out of the house.

Thank you. I was wondering why that hadn't been pointed out. And I'd say you nailed the description.:yesway:

Cops get called. They show up. If they do nothing, and something bad happens, they're on the hook. They are just covering their own arses.

If some grade A busy body biatch never calls them, they never show up.:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dont think its more dangerous.... I just think in the 24/7 news cycle makes many believe its that way..... And this country is filled with a bunch of pansies.

It is a far more dangerous place than when I was a child. Of course I am most likely a lot older than you but the streets were alive with activity.
    Kids are getting shot/abducted/beaten/robbed.

Remember being a paper boy.
    Not any more.

The 24 hr. news cycle does contribute to this but the streets are far worse than when I was a kid.

Seriously....we are not pansy's.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    It is a far more dangerous place than when I was a child. Of course I am most likely a lot older than you but the streets were alive with activity.

Not any more.

The 24 hr. news cycle does contribute to this but the streets are far worse than when I was a kid.

Crime Statistics | Free Range Kids

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Not any more.

By nearly any objective measurement, the world is a safer place than at any point in human history.

Jess sayin.:coffee:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Bravo Sierra.

141209_Charts-children.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Is this BS too?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's say, 1 in 10,000 kids are abducted/abused/murdered.

Then over your life, the population in your area goes up by 10x.
    Now, you hear the news reporting those problems, 10 times as much.
    Then, instead of watching the news a couple times a day....... you do it over and over and over. For the sake of argument, let's say 10 times.
    It could be the same amount. But to you, crime just increased 100 times.

Then, there are areas that haven't changed.
    Areas that have different populations.
    Areas that go bad.
    Hard to judge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My response was to the statement that crime was reduced.
    Who do you believe.
    I do believe the numbers are fudged.
    Maybe and maybe not.
    I do not plant in front of the tube and roll through the news cycle. So that is not what I relate to.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    also don't get me started on CPS services, they are a bunch of government people who only try to justify their jobs by screwing with people who don't deserve it, I know some type of CPS service is needed because there are people out their who cannot take care off themselves let alone any children, but from what I see it seems like the kids who truly need help don't get it and CPS services do a lot more damage to family's than they do good.

If you are raising your kids without doing something that might get you hauled down to CPS then you probably are not raising them right. The event that caused of my appearance before CPS yielded one of my kids better life lessons and the entire time he was in no danger of being harmed.

If some grade A busy body biatch never calls them, they never show up.:dunno:

But when that busy body calls then CPS goes into full load bat s. crazy instead of telling the busy body to mind their own business.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Growing up, I was in a situation that warranted investigation by CPS. My mother was a hoarder and the only clean room in the house was my room(sometimes). I have an aunt who used to work for CPS and would quietly quash anything coming out our way in order to avoid embarrassing the family. It wasn't until I left for the military and came back on leave (SURPRISE!) that things really dawned on me, and that the situation was worse than ever. My little brother was relocated to our eldest brother's home that weekend. He remained there for a couple years until the parental figures got their act together....

CPS doesn't get involved when it needs to, but when they do,the employees have discretion to act but often choose to act as if they themselves are judge, jury, and executioner.

CPS is a lot like the public education system, in my opinion. They are there as a service to the public, BUT it is not their right, privilege, or business to preach, dictate, or decide how me or mine raise and educate our children.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Taun- I think you would be surprised how little personal say the Case Managers have. A great deal of what is decided is not left up to the CPS workers (the people you actually see) but rather what is required of them by law, or regulated by their supervisors (the people you don't see). Anytime an inquiry or allegation is made, CPS must do certain things by law, not nessecarily by choice of the Case Manager themselves. Im definitely not saying that I agree with the law, but I think a far smaller percentage of the blame belongs to CPS, and rather directed at the system thats already in place. CPS employees aren't bad people individually, in the general sense I see them similar to police officers, they took a low paying and challenging job with the intention to help make their communities better. Along the way some do a great job and some do a less than great job.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Taun- I think you would be surprised how little personal say the Case Managers have. A great deal of what is decided is not left up to the CPS workers (the people you actually see) but rather what is required of them by law, or regulated by their supervisors (the people you don't see). Anytime an inquiry or allegation is made, CPS must do certain things by law, not nessecarily by choice of the Case Manager themselves. Im definitely not saying that I agree with the law, but I think a far smaller percentage of the blame belongs to CPS, and rather directed at the system thats already in place. CPS employees aren't bad people individually, in the general sense I see them similar to police officers, they took a low paying and challenging job with the intention to help make their communities better. Along the way some do a great job and some do a less than great job.

Also, having argued against CPS in court and won, I assure you, they are aware that they are not the judge, despite how some may wish to be.

Top Bottom