Kids playing outside? Not anymore - Take them into custody, officer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Suing is the American way these days. It solves any and all problems at least that is what some people would have you think

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If suing brought the problem to light and was solved as a result it would be a good tool to use.
    Problem is they will settle this in some back room out of the light and nothing will change.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    Good God, correct me if I am wrong but isn't parks where children are supposed to play, not saying anything bad about my parents- they were awesome and I miss them every day, but they never new where I was when I was young around 10 and over, we had so many wooded lots and fields and parks around our area I could have been in any of them at any time, but they also knew I would be home by dark, it happened every night without fail, I was able to go out after dark but had to stay close, I know times have changed and nothing is as safe as it used to be but I think half the problem is that kids now a days don't get out enough when they are young and then when they do they are in their teens and don't know how to have fun without causing trouble. me personally I think vidieo games have been our downfall. but that's just my opinion.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    also don't get me started on CPS services, they are a bunch of government people who only try to justify their jobs by screwing with people who don't deserve it, I know some type of CPS service is needed because there are people out their who cannot take care off themselves let alone any children, but from what I see it seems like the kids who truly need help don't get it and CPS services do a lot more damage to family's than they do good.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    What is the viable alternative when it is the government violating people's rights?

Either get help from another constitutional entity like the sheriff ( I miss having Brad Rogers nearby) or utilize the body armor and arsenal method.

It's too bad that we aren't allowed to have any fortay mike mike....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Either get help from another constitutional entity like the sheriff ( I miss having Brad Rogers nearby) or utilize the body armor and arsenal method.

It's too bad that we aren't allowed to have any fortay mike mike....

I used the word "viable" for a reason. Have the sheriff arrest police over something like this? Might be technically possible, but you would have a hard time finding a single sheriff in the entire country that would do it. Body armor and arsenal? Don't think so.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    You don't think someone like Sheriff Rogers would back someone up even over the objections of another law enforcement entity?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What does "backing someone up" mean? Would he arrest someone? Take the kid by force? Testify in court weeks or months after the fact?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Rogers would try the lowest levels first, like say tell the other dept to get out of their hair. If that didn't work, he might encourage a few extra patrols in someone else's area. If push came to shove, he would put a line of his officers in front of you and yours to defend you.

But that's just my impression of him.

He's stood against Elkhart City when they tried forced annexations and turning off people's water and sewage. He has told FDA to take their swat team goons out of the county and told them to get a warrant signed by a local judge. And he surely doesn't like the FBI or ATF operating around here locally without giving him the courtesy of a phone call...

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    A problem I see is the parents want to label their kids "free ranging". We all seem in agreement it's kid's going to the park to play. Everything has to have a name these days.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I seem to remember getting home after school, doing homework, and being sent outside until dinner. Even stranger...there were other kids there too. We used to call it playing.

On weekends I probably spent an hour inside in the morning, half hour for lunch, then came home for dinner. The rest of that time we were engaging in more of this playing outside business.

I think I'll call my parents in the morning and tell them they're awful.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I seem to remember getting home after school, doing homework, and being sent outside until dinner. Even stranger...there were other kids there too. We used to call it playing.

On weekends I probably spent an hour inside in the morning, half hour for lunch, then came home for dinner. The rest of that time we were engaging in more of this playing outside business.

I think I'll call my parents in the morning and tell them they're awful.

I remember Saturday morning cartoons being a big deal, because that was that was they only time they were on.

Times have changed....

Transformer's and GIJoe were awesome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I remember being kicked out of the house by my parents because it was too nice outside to be inside. I never realized how abused I was until now! :dunno:

Top Bottom