• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Yes. Republicans mostly have dissassociated from the unbrella of the so called white nationalist 'alt-right'."
    Tay WUT! Panky?

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Some of the things you say!

Huh? I'm not sure what is the issue here. I think I made a supportable factual statement. Do you disagree that there's an alt-right, that they're white nationalists, or that conservatives have mostly disavowed them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Yes. Republicans mostly have dissassociated from the unbrella of the so called white nationalist 'alt-right'."

Huh? I'm not sure what is the issue here. I think I made a supportable factual statement. Do you disagree that there's an alt-right, that they're white nationalists, or that conservatives have mostly disavowed them?

I think that was "no duh," sarcasm.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I'll translate: More than 50% of the INGO users do not recognize the quote as a legitimate sentence in the Common Tongue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I most certainly do not believe that. The GOP would do the exact same thing, if given the opportunity.

When have they done that? Republicans were in that exact position as the Democrats with Kagan and Sotomeyer, and what happened? Did they try to ruin them? No. They nominated both of them. And there isn't a more detestable kind of justice to conservatives than the outcome based jurisprudence of Sotomeyer.

Elections have consequences. Right? Sounds like something Democrats only believe when they win elections.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Whatever happened to the Tea Party and its disruption of the American form of governance? A flash in the pan or did the record deficits approved by the republican party cause them to dissolve?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don't obsess over other people's thoughts so much KG. I found the position stated interesting, as I had not considered it, nothing more. Though, you do bring up a thought I had also not considered. You of course, are free to explore it more, but I have nothing to say on the subject you brought up.
    Interesting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whatever happened to the Tea Party and its disruption of the American form of governance? A flash in the pan or did the record deficits approved by the republican party cause them to dissolve?

The Neocons took it over. As it started out, it was non-partisan, and just about just about tax reform. Literally "Taxed Enough Already". But then as the movement grew, every conservative talking point, sane or not, got added to it. And that pretty much killed the success of it because they became easy too mock. Especially with some controversial headliners like Sarah Palin hitching their wagons to it. So when Tea Party started losing elections, people started losing interest in them. TEA Party is bunz now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the problem of the alt right for most of us, is that some of us have been right wingers for years (voted Reagan 1), stayed up on the news, etc. And we had never heard of this group. So I am still not convinced it isn't some kind of MSM/DNC creation to try to tar the right. Second, even if it is a real thing, how am I connected to some group that I had never heard of before.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't obsess over other people's thoughts so much KG. I found the position stated interesting, as I had not considered it, nothing more. Though, you do bring up a thought I had also not considered. You of course, are free to explore it more, but I have nothing to say on the subject you brought up.

[video=youtube;XubNCm0sIFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XubNCm0sIFk[/video]

Language warning... for the sensitive types...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think the problem of the alt right for most of us, is that some of us have been right wingers for years (voted Reagan 1), stayed up on the news, etc. And we had never heard of this group. So I am still not convinced it isn't some kind of MSM/DNC creation to try to tar the right. Second, even if it is a real thing, how am I connected to some group that I had never heard of before.

CNN says so. something something hitler.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It’s real. They have a manifesto. They have leaders. The leaders openly advocate a separate but equal policy. They openly call themselves white nationalists.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you are a Trump supporter you have been connected.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I am not sure whether you consider yourself a conservative or not, but I'll ask you this.

Have you or anyone you associate with now or at any time considered yourself alt-right, white supremacist or Nazi?

Neither have I or anyone that I know.

There is no reason for conservatives to "break" with them because we have never been in agreement with them.

Democrats have.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My observation is that the conservative party of any democracy is opposed to most change. It is invested in the status quo. To the extent that the right becomes radicalized due to xenophobia, inflation or war on its borders, there is a chance that the conservative agenda becomes militarized and civil rights will suffer. And the status quo has a greater than even chance of becoming a tyranny.

Most of the revolutionary talk almost always comes from the left. That is their nature. It has been the same throughout history. Those in power want to stay in power and reap the political and financial rewards for doing so. The have-nots want revolution.

I brought up the Tea Pary as an example of why the right doesn't have many radicals. The noisy ones get reabsorbed or eliminated. The status quo changes little.

So, to saying all the crazies are on the far left....a student of history might say: yeah. so what?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It’s real. They have a manifesto. They have leaders. The leaders openly advocate a separate but equal policy. They openly call themselves white nationalists.

Your knowledge of these things puts you closer to the three people that make up their core (probably Russian hackers) than I.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I am not sure whether you consider yourself a conservative or not, but I'll ask you this.

Have you or anyone you associate with now or at any time considered yourself alt-right, white supremacist or Nazi?

Neither have I or anyone that I know.

There is no reason for conservatives to "break" with them because we have never been in agreement with them.

Democrats have.

Hey conservative-
    Why do you hate women? :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis