• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thick skin, it used to be a thing.... not so much anymore.

Don't you think getting called Nazi, getting mob-shamed, losing jobs, getting punched, having hot or cold drinks thrown at you, getting physically harassed in public, goes a little beyond using skin as a shield? What I don't want to see happen is when the other side starts fighting back just as physically as they're attacked. Is that what we want? Someone throws a drink in your face because you wear an Obama hat, are you turning the other cheek?

You lean left. Don't you see it at least a little of your responsibility to rein in the crazies on your side, like Antifa, BAMN, and radical groups, just as you expect people on the right to reign in their crazies, like white nationalists, Neo-Nazis, etcetera. This isn't about thickness of skin. Public discourse has gone beyond just name-calling.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been wondering if any President will be able to get a SCOTUS appointment confirmed, with a Senate controlled by the other party, ever again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't you think getting called Nazi, getting mob-shamed, losing jobs, getting punched, having hot or cold drinks thrown at you, getting physically harassed in public, goes a little beyond using skin as a shield? What I don't want to see happen is when the other side starts fighting back just as physically as they're attacked. Is that what we want? Someone throws a drink in your face because you wear an Obama hat, are you turning the other cheek?

You lean left. Don't you see it at least a little of your responsibility to rein in the crazies on your side, like Antifa, BAMN, and radical groups, just as you expect people on the right to reign in their crazies, like white nationalists, Neo-Nazis, etcetera. This isn't about thickness of skin. Public discourse has gone beyond just name-calling.

Get in my face about anything.....not a good move.
    Throw something at me.....anything....again, just dumb.
    Spit on me and you will get an instant response that may well put you in the emergency room.

I will not do any of these things to you. I expect the same in return. This is not new to me. I am just seeing a lot more of it in our country from Ninja outfit wearing dip****s that are trying to incite riot. Eventually they will get what they are seeking and many already have. When they get knocked down after these actions they cry and wail of injustice and start go-fundme pages to get their teeth replaced.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So...
    Can a supreme court justice carry a gun....... in his own courtroom?

I could see Justice Alito with a P365 and a J-frame BUG. Justice Thomas? 1911 or an N-frame. With those robes you could conceal like crazy.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Isn’t it funny how lack of character didn’t really come in to question for the way the Democrats handled the process? It seemed to me that kudos were given for a well played game instead which ultimately didn’t win out in the end.

I remember that, too! Or maybe it’s just a figment of my imagination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm not sure I'd characterize what happened as rule of law. It happened within and by the rule of law. But I think that republicans aren't above scuttling the rule of law for ideological reasons.

I said that Republicans don't have a BAMN playbook. And that's true. Had the situation reversed, and it R's were the minority trying to scuttle a D nominee, they're not above playing some tricks, but it's doubtful they'd be so desperate that they'd bring unsubstantiated claims, and collude with "witnesses", law firms, and the press, to make them stick.

When the Republicans had the Senate, to scuttle Obama's nominee, they just ignored it. As much as we didn't want Garland to be nominated, that's not a trick that we would want reciprocated if those circumstances flipped. "Lame Duck" isn't a reason not to take up a nominee. And we'd rightly have complained about it.

I'm glad it turned out the way it did. America is better off for it with Gorsuch over Garland. But it did not happened within the spirit of "rule of law" either. When Democrats have power, why couldn't they just do the same thing for their whole time in the majority? They plausibly claim they're just playing out the logical conclusion of a Republican precedent. And if they have any political clout, they'd get away with it. Do we want congress to function only when the majority is of the President's party?

But yeah, other than that, the Dem side was definitely mob rule.

Well, I can’t provide a cite just now, but I seem to recall that what happened with Garland was not without precedent.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I’m going to ride the NPT from Kokomo to Peru this morning. Going to miss the Lamentations of the Leftist Liberal Democrats this morning on the Sunday propaganda shows. Whoops, I meant “news” shows....

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

These groups are being funded. The term "being funded" does not sound so terrible by itself. Let's look at the reality. Soros, Hussein, Clinton and others are financing these groups. They pay these individuals and purchase supplies for them to go out and protest, harass, humiliate - disturb the peace in so many ways. Soros, Clinton, Hussain and others are in reality the company they work for. Report for work, do a job and get paid.

What if I started a company that hired individuals to harass democrats? Follow them, harass, them, protest in front of their homes......as an employer of these individuals, I'd be in jail.

Looking at the money trail, these individuals (Soros, Clinton and Obama) have in place, an actual army of people who get paid to follow commands through direct orders. They are able to come together in moments notice with supplies - they are in fact an army funded by the opposition.

What will happen when their backs are truly against the wall? Does anyone really feel they will just back off and say, ok - we'll just wait for the elections? DO you think the harassment will stop of become more violent? Why are their employers not put in jail now?

We are in fact experiencing the initial face of a coup.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    These groups are being funded. The term "being funded" does not sound so terrible by itself. Let's look at the reality. Soros, Hussein, Clinton and others are financing these groups. They pay these individuals and purchase supplies for them to go out and protest, harass, humiliate - disturb the peace in so many ways. Soros, Clinton, Hussain and others are in reality the company they work for. Report for work, do a job and get paid.

What if I started a company that hired individuals to harass democrats? Follow them, harass, them, protest in front of their homes......as an employer of these individuals, I'd be in jail.

Looking at the money trail, these individuals (Soros, Clinton and Obama) have in place, an actual army of people who get paid to follow commands through direct orders. They are able to come together in moments notice with supplies - they are in fact an army funded my the opposition.

What will happen when their backs are truly against the wall? Does anyone really feel they will just back off and say, ok - we'll just wait for the elections? DO you think the harassment will stop of become more violent? Why are their employers not put in jail now?

Good to know. I didn't think the lib pukes actually had a job or even worked for that matter.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I can’t provide a cite just now, but I seem to recall that what happened with Garland was not without precedent.

From what I could find it's from a 1960 Senate resolution. 1960 being Ike's last year of his 2nd term.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hmmm.....

[video=youtube;3j0MXE2DDic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j0MXE2DDic[/video]

Yep-
    Leak it to the press, even if it's made up. Then run with it. Same as using polls and emails and phone calls from a non-existent group that your staff created as an opposition to whatever agenda you need to argue about.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    #BLM vs. #METOO

tem38hm60mq11.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Get in my face about anything.....not a good move.
    Throw something at me.....anything....again, just dumb.
    Spit on me and you will get an instant response that may well put you in the emergency room.

I will not do any of these things to you. I expect the same in return. This is not new to me. I am just seeing a lot more of it in our country from Ninja outfit wearing dip****s that are trying to incite riot. Eventually they will get what they are seeking and many already have. When they get knocked down after these actions they cry and wail of injustice and start go-fundme pages to get their teeth replaced.

I think if someone assaults you, you have a right to defend with force necessary. If someone throws a drink in your face, spits on you, etcetera, that’s the same as fighting words, they’ve invited at least a punch in the face to a beatdown depending. But those are individual level reactions.

On a collective level, the Democrats would do well to denounce, defund, and otherwise remove any support for radical groups on their side. It’s time to stop the active support. And it’s time to stop the tacit support. The right is capable of disassociating with the Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists. It’s not apparent that the left is capable of doing the same with their crazies. It looks a lot to me like the crazies are becoming the mainstream Democrats.

If people like Kut—not calling him out specifically, but he’s one of the few here who will admit to it—want to support Democrats, they should hold themselves to the exact standards they require of Republicans. They should note who they are associating with and disavow identitarian extremists on their side, to the exact degree they require of Republicans. Yes. Republicans mostly have dissassociated from the unbrella of the so called white nationalist “alt-right”.

So. Step up sane Democrats. It’s your turn. Tell the radicals on the left, the people who advocate harassment and violence to force their political goals that they don’t speek for you. Unlees, of course, you support that nonsense too. Or, maybe you’re afraid of them. They can ruin your life for disagreeing with them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could see Justice Alito with a P365 and a J-frame BUG. Justice Thomas? 1911 or an N-frame. With those robes you could conceal like crazy.
    I see Gorsuch as more of a Glock justice. Don’t worry. Though Thomas scores points for the 1911, I wont hold the Glock against Gorsuch.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Im still here! Not surprised at the vote, Kavanaugh checked all the boxes for right-leaning people, so his character is more of an afterthought than anything. Such is an the state of American politics, good men/women who get things done, have been replaced by iffy persons (we agree with) who try to get things done.

This surprises me Kut. I thought you were above the ridiculousness.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This surprises me Kut. I thought you were above the ridiculousness.

What's ridiculous about it. I believe my statement to be accurate. While I used the Kavanaugh instance as an example, it's clear to me, that the notion I'm conveying is a symptom of a problem with the entirety of American politics.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What's ridiculous about it. I believe my statement to be accurate. While I used the Kavanaugh instance as an example, it's clear to me, that the notion I'm conveying is a symptom of a problem with the entirety of American politics.

Oh... So you mean like -
    When Black Lives Matter was started on that premise of "Hands Up - Don't Shoot" but when they found out the whole thing was a made up lie, they kept it up with their jargon because it fit their overall agenda and it was working for them. (plus it was too late to admit the truth - that would admit they were wrong)

Top Bottom