• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If a foreign observer were to look at the current broo ha ha over a judge, they may conclude that the perhaps the Supreme Court has too much power. They wouldn't be wrong.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DohRyrmUYAAcTrY.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember when Elana Kagan and Sonia Sotomayors houses were vandalized, GOOD TIMES!!

Kagan like's Kavanaugh.....

"
    [FONT=&quot]A surprise shoutout from President Donald Trump’s conservative Supreme Court nominee to one of the high court’s liberal justices proved to be a rare note of civility amid the partisan rancor from the left surrounding the pick.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If the Senate confirms D.C. Circuit Judge Brett Kavanaugh for the court, he already will be on familiar footing with Justice Elena Kagan.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As the nation learned Monday night during Kavanaugh’s brief remarks after Trump introduced him at the White House, Kagan and Kavanaugh have a connection. Trump’s second Supreme Court nominee noted that he has taught law to hundreds of students for the past 11 years, primarily at Harvard Law School.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I teach that the Constitution’s separation of powers protects individual liberty, and I remain grateful to the dean who hired me, Justice Elena Kagan,” Kavanaugh said, prompting an audible gasp or two in the East Room, according to one account.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It turns out that Kagan, during her stint as dean of Harvard Law School from 2003 to 2009, made it part of her mission to seek out and hire more conservative faculty at the overwhelmingly liberal school.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“She definitely made an effort to reach out to the conservative community, and made several conservative hires while she was there,” said Carrie Severino, chief counsel and policy director at the Judicial Crisis Network."[/FONT]

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If a foreign observer were to look at the current broo ha ha over a judge, they may conclude that the perhaps the Supreme Court has too much power. They wouldn't be wrong.

ALL branches of our .gov have too much power.

The degree to which .gov is intertwined into our daily lives is what creates the division and vitriol we are slinging back and forth.

The influence of .gov in our lives has risen to a level that each side can portray each election, each SC justice's confirmation, a matter of life and death.

If the .gov stuck to it's constitutionally mandated jobs, we'd all have a hell of a lot less to get our jimmies rustled over. But let's face it, that ship has sailed.:rolleyes:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd be careful with running with this story too soon.

It's twitter man...Everything is fast...Kirk and I were twittering about taggents in reloading powder...We went total 90s gun control measures on twitter today....

Jump in...The water's fine and you get solicited by east bloc hookers daily.....My wife will sit over my shoulder and beg me to respond back to them and giggle...I don't...I'm a child of the cold war and know what these people are capable of....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When it comes to black text on a white background... no authors, taglines, links, references, dates... that kind of stuff really should be given a second look.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just heard a audio clip on the radio from Nina Totenburg of the always objective NPR. Apparently no one actually had to leak out the Blasey Ford story to the media, sometimes things just seep out... so don't blame Feinstein.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Just heard a audio clip on the radio from Nina Totenburg of the always objective NPR. Apparently no one actually had to leak out the Blasey Ford story to the media, sometimes things just seep out... so don't blame Feinstein.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Nina is taking up the comedy circuit now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If you've ever met a Harvard law grad, I assure you it's a treat. Some go on to be fine lawyers and judges. Many speak as though their greatest achievement in life is graduating from Harvard Law....and are absolutely correct.

It's not as bad as Yale- where they hand-pick who they believe influencers will be and make sure they graduate, but it's heading that direction.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I identify as an American and we already know that I'm further to the left than you are. But you are correct that #walkaway is happening in many heretofore loyal democratic households. I view it as the party walking away from the majority of traditional democratic values. We've always had crazies, but the noise level and belligerence of these groups pisses me off. No doubt I would knock the bejaysus out of any democrat who got in my face with their special interest at a caucus. That's why I don't go.
    Bingo. While you and I have our disagreements on issues, I truly believe that we both love our country and only want it to prosper. Hiw we get there can be debated because truly we are not that far apart and debate means progress. It's when we dont talk or we use violence when we have failed. You represent the "old Democrats" I often speak of. Its not a reference of age but rather ideas. I dont want the extreme far right speaking for me either. I sometimes get wild in words while im expressing myself however when it comes down to it I will always respect the constitution and advocate we follow it, personal beliefs or ideas aside. This is what we must all do.
    (I dont agree wife my wife on everything and she is my best friend and soulmate)

Top Bottom