• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe this will help.

Trump said things that appealed to many people, on both sides of the political spectrum.
    The media covered almost every word, because they knew it would draw people in.
    That coverage reached millions of people who would not otherwise have known Trump was saying those things.
    If the media had not covered Trump to near-exclusivity, those people would've probably voted for more traditional candidates.

Yeah, that's a difficult pseudo-syllogism to prove, but it is supportable.

There is an analog to this Kavanaugh process. If the media were not cooperating in the Dem's manipulation of the process, there would be less manipulation of the process.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    $100 dollar

Got to pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large...ncy#High-denomination_United_States_banknotes

US-%24100000-GC-1934-Fr-2413.jpg

1024px-US-%2410000-GC-1934-Fr.2412.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still like how apoplectic he makes the leftist media. He had a couple of info babes trying to ask about Kavanaugh today during the trade portion of the presser. He just refused to address it until it was that part of the conference. They thought if they just yelled a little louder he would give in... I think they may have stamped their feet at him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sen. Flake just said he is having discussions with the WH counsel to push for a more thorough FBI investigation, not just one to “give us cover.”

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Answer to the question, "Why would Dr. Ford come forward?"

Over $700,000 raised through Go Fund Me.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/gofundme-campaigns-support-ford-raise-700k/story?id=58147904

This is in addition to the promise of a $250,000 book deal. (The book has already been written; she just needs to put her name on it.)

Depending on the outcome, some portions of the book may need to be changed, but they probably already have the alternative outcomes written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hold the vote as soon as the FBI completes the check this week. Mcconnel needs to make it clear that there will be a vote and the obstructionists will be on record as voting no. If they are Republican and they vote against kavanaugh then there will be consequences in the next election period.
    Time to demand term limits like the office of president has. No more lifetime serving politicians

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe this will help.

Trump said things that appealed to many people, on both sides of the political spectrum.
    The media covered almost every word, because they knew it would draw people in.
    That coverage reached millions of people who would not otherwise have known Trump was saying those things.
    If the media had not covered Trump to near-exclusivity, those people would've probably voted for more traditional candidates.

Yeah, that's a difficult pseudo-syllogism to prove, but it is supportable.

There is an analog to this Kavanaugh process. If the media were not cooperating in the Dem's manipulation of the process, there would be less manipulation of the process.

If I get called to testify before the Senate, TLex is gonna be my consiglere. :)

Just had 1/2 rack of Famous Dave's St. Louis Ribs. I feel better.

images

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I noticed one thing in one of the twitter posts.

Is it true that the Safeway was not built until 1986?

That would reveal one more lie.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been told there is no upside to anyone coming out like that...
    Laundered cash kickbacks, book deals, future speaking fees... I wish I had some of those "no upside" benefits.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I was kinda hoping we could let that linger longer. :)

But, now that I think about it, that may not mean much to the younger folks. Maybe now they'll google it.

Well, it could have been the Knausgaard series. Everyone in Norway read those books, it seems.

Top Bottom