• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe that testifying under oath that you are something that you are not is a bit more than "grasping for straws." (It's "grasping at straws," BTW)

According to the article, testifying under oath that you are a psychologist when you are not licensed is akin to testifying that you are a lawyer without having a license to practice law.

Words mean things. To most of us, anyway.

She is not a psychologist. This is perjury.

I don't know that it is an issue, or that it is not.

I could go to school, and on to law school and get my degree in law. Then I could turn around and teach law without ever passing the bar anywhere. Could I not claim to be a lawyer?

Years ago I worked part time in accounting without having any sort of degree. I was doing mostly book keeping. I joked about claiming to be an accountant. The Indiana CPA I was working for said I could claim to be an accountant with my experience, but I could NOT claim to be a CPA as that had legal requirements.

I think this issue is cutting the hair pretty thin. If she has a degree in psychology and teaches psychology, but doesn't practice... If I were a prosecutor I wouldn't go after her for claiming to be a psychologist. However, if she hung out a shingle and started to take clients and claim to be a psychologist without passing the state licensing that would be another issue.

Even if the article is correct I still consider it thin ice.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe that testifying under oath that you are something that you are not is a bit more than "grasping for straws." (It's "grasping at straws," BTW)

According to the article, testifying under oath that you are a psychologist when you are not licensed is akin to testifying that you are a lawyer without having a license to practice law.

Words mean things. To most of us, anyway.

She is not a psychologist. This is perjury.

A person who has a doctorate in psychology and who teaches psychology, call me crazy, is a psychologist. A lie, in an intentional act to mislead or misrepresent. You'd have a hard time telling a normal person she was attempting to paint herself as something she wasn't. But that's just me, and my wacky world view.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A person who has a doctorate in psychology and who teaches psychology, call me crazy, is a psychologist. A lie, in an intentional act to mislead or misrepresent. You'd have a hard time telling a normal person she was attempting to paint herself as something she wasn't. But that's just me, and my wacky world view.

I'm not surprised that you are not bothered by someone claiming to be something that they are not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why don't you call it well played tactics like you did with the Dems? I guess it all would depend on if it worked like the Dems play did. Seems to me that you like to dish out credit for a well played hand no matter how dirty and dastardly the plan was implemented.

Because I'm not sure if it's the GOP pushing this forward, and it's obviously a weak attempt to "catch up." It's not a clever tactic, it's desperate.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Kut your thinking is the same way the Republican leadership has thought and been. Everytime they give the Democrats an inch they take 5 miles. Everytime they extend professional courtesy the Democrats bite their hand

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Why don't you call it well played tactics like you did with the Dems? I guess it all would depend on if it worked like the Dems play did. Seems to me that you like to dish out credit for a well played hand no matter how dirty and dastardly the plan was implemented.

Only if the Dems bray about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Meme this picture.
    1042095336.jpg.0.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. I have said it before and I will say it this last time. No more badgering. Just stop. If you can not stop then leave this thread. If you need to know what I am saying then I have a PM box. Share your opinions. Do it in a civil manor. No more badgering. I will close the thread and if further action is needed it will be taken.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Because I'm not sure if it's the GOP pushing this forward, and it's obviously a weak attempt to "catch up." It's not a clever tactic, it's desperate.

Kind of akin to sprinting Ford after the hearings and then braying got an “investigation”? That’s desperation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You could vote 3rd party. It doesn't do any good, but it's a good base to virtue signal from.

I'd rather cut off my own penis with a sharpened nail file

I've heard this BS before. A LOT!

iu

Often times that’s the case. But as I said earlier, the performance of the Dems has me thinking of straight ticket Republican this November.

I can think of worse things.

Nope. She didnt pay the man for her license. Just because you went to school for something doesnt automatically make you a certified, licensed professional. (and also grant you the ability to claim the professional title) Just because you graduated nursing school, doesnt mean you can claim you are a nurse.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Nope, it's totally wrong to call yourself a psychologist based on degree alone. Doctorate doesn't matter either. The License matters. In some states you can get a full or limited license with a master's if it was the right kind (clinical training . practicum, etc). Conversely one could have a Ph.D. in a non-clinical branch and not even be close to being qualified for therapy. Each state rolls different. Not sure what CA's penalty is but in CT it's 5 years in jail for impersonating a psychologist.(Really practicing without a license) I recall being surprised when some of
    my Doctoral professors would reply to questions by saying "Well, I'm not sure, I'm not a clinician" when asked about licensing or field work

IF, IF, IF What folks are saying about her it wouldn't matter at the state level because she was out of state. But maybe on the not being truthful while under oath to the Senate.
    As an aside, I kind of wondered as her nuerochemical explanation of why her memory couldn't be wrong was, not entirely accurate.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom