• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We shouldn't be surprised when liberals lie. Dogs bark, snakes slither, liberals lie. It is in their nature, at the core of their being, we shouldn't be surprised when they do it. But we should also not buy the BS they are spewing.

Flake doesn't care, Flake would probably have lost a primary challenge because he is walking the liberal road. That is why he is now basically caucusing with the DemocRats.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We shouldn't be surprised when politicians lie. Dogs bark, snakes slither, politicianslie. It is in their nature, at the core of their being, we shouldn't be surprised when they do it. But we should also not buy the BS they are spewing.

Flake doesn't care, Flake would probably have lost a primary challenge because he is walking the liberal road. That is why he is now basically caucusing with the DemocRats.

FIFY

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Senator Hirono just called Avenatti's client's claims of an underground rape-ring "credible"

Expect that sort of **** to consume this week, and expect D's to want to extend an investigation into that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If this doesn't **** you off, I don't know what will.

Does anyone in the US really think that if the FBI came back with a clean report on Kavanaugh that the Dems would say, "OK, cool. We're good now. Vote him in."

Hell no! The report could come back with evidence of payments from Feinstein directly to Ford and they would still ignore it.

It's beyond time for McConnell to drop the hammer on the caucus. Whatever dirt he has on Flake, Collins, Murkowski, etc., he'd better use it now.

If the GOP has any hope of keeping the Senate then this confirmation must happen.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If it happens, Ford will be investigated. If she's found to have lied to the committee or in her affidavits, then she should be arrested.

Or, it could just be that she's not led the pollyanna existence she attempts to portray with that deer-in-headlights demeanor.

Mean girls do exist.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If it happens, Ford will be investigated. If she's found to have lied to the committee or in her affidavits, then she should be arrested.

Or, it could just be that she's not led the pollyanna existence she attempts to portray with that deer-in-headlights demeanor.

Mean girls do exist.

She did lie, about not being able to fly due to claustrophobia. But nothing will happen

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Flake has just established his Rape Defense if he is ever accused.

Prosecutor: Did you rape that woman?

Flake: I am 100% certain I did not rape that woman because I don't have "a pair". For proof refer to my vote on 9/28/2018.

d44f4c05eaafff0286ea1cb62b8f64cb.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I woke up this morning with a less positive attitude about Kavanaugh. A good Irish-Catholic kid who easily gets an upset stomach, was a virgin into his 20's and throws up spaghetti?

Very freaking wimpy. Maybe a little light in the loafers. Of course, when you grow up in a state named "Mary", you probably already start out with a strike against you.

And I'd like to go on record that I don't remember much of the 80's, but probably more than Steven Tyler does.

Be that as it may, I hope he gets confirmed this weekend. No one should be subjected to this type of senatorial and media abuse over their high school activities. Democracy was embarrassed on the world stage this month. We gave aid and comfort to our enemies with this display.

Well, I'm expecting him to sit on a court (bench) with guards and such.
    I don't expect him to charge San Juan Hill, or stand next to a ladle leaking liquid steel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Listening to that Coons guy...it's like a broken record. They had their chance to investigate. He needs to be asking the ranking member why she chose to not investigate the matter instead of why the republicans won't now. As has been stated, the goal of this entire thing is obvious and truth is not any part of it.

Well, you know they just gloss over that part.
    It's like no one even said it at all.

Is anyone even showing that part? For those that didn't watch the hearings and are getting their sound bite from the 6 o'clock news.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Flake didn't run for re-election because he wasn't going to wil the primary. This crap is why. The only possible silver lining is that Murkowski & Collins may vote yes.

I can't imagine what Kavanaugh and his family are thinking.:(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The whole thing is mind boggling. After watching it all day yesterday I didn't think the Dems could be worse. Sadly, watching today, I was wrong.

My opinion of Graham has gone up a lot.

This crap could cost the Dems big come the mid-terms.

I could. If people go out and vote. Midterms tend to have even worse turn out. And the party in power has it even worse.
    People go to vote when they're angry, when they're out of power.
    When they're in power.. not so much.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Flake didn't run for re-election because he wasn't going to wil the primary. This crap is why. The only possible silver lining is that Murkowski & Collins may vote yes.

Murk and Col have both come out in support of Flake's decision. Collins also said something about "not having control of any other allegations to come out"

They're expecting it, they know it's going to happen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom