• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I think what just happened is they Advanced him from committee to the floor with an agreement that there would be a no more than one-week delay while the FBI investigates claims made... all FBI has to do is say there's nothing for us to investigate and they can move on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't Trump the only one that can open up another background check?

Just takes either Trump or McConnell to laugh at the request and move forward with the vote tomorrow.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I saw Flake agree, and some democrats, but no one else, and then it was over. BAM

I think what just happened is they Advanced him from committee to the floor with an agreement that there would be a no more than one-week delay while the FBI investigates claims made... all FBI has to do is say there's nothing for us to investigate and they can move on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It passed out of committee but Flake was obviously implying he would be a no vote if it came to the floor without a FBI investigation. If the two wavering GOP females side with him, then the nomination is dead. I don't think they have a choice, they are going to have to have the FBI investigation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think it was a good call. Take the two preliminary votes and schedule the confirmation next Fri. It only delays the vote 3 days and satisfies the middle of the road crowd.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder how many cash deals and promises of support for senator's pet programs are moving around in dc right now.

Always follow the money

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Isn't Trump the only one that can open up another background check?

Just takes either Trump or McConnell to laugh at the request and move forward with the vote tomorrow.

But that can only happen if they KNOW they have Collins, Murkowski and Manchin onboard. If they Flake out too and say they will only confirm with the FBI check, then it would be short-sighted to call the full vote.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It passed out of committee but Flake was obviously implying he would be a no vote if it came to the floor without a FBI investigation. If the two wavering GOP females side with him, then the nomination is dead. I don't think they have a choice, they are going to have to have the FBI investigation.

So he will vote no next week if there is no investigation, or he will likely vote no in a week after an investigation. Got it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think it was a good call. Take the two preliminary votes and schedule the confirmation next Fri. It only delays the vote 3 days and satisfies the middle of the road crowd.

Narp.

It's the inch the D's wanted, and they're going to pull it 500 miles. This week is going to bring more and more accusations and details, and they'll say they need more time. They've never been serious about the investigation.

Thomas was investigated by the FBI and the D's still think he's guilty. It doesn't matter.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Narp.

It's the inch the D's wanted, and they're going to pull it 500 miles. This week is going to bring more and more accusations and details, and they'll say they need more time. They've never been serious about the investigation.

Thomas was investigated by the FBI and the D's still think he's guilty. It doesn't matter.

Yep, this will drag on and on. I think Flake stuck a fork in Kavanaugh.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am not saying it satisfies D's.

I am saying the true middle of the road moderate senators and voters will feel better if the FBI investigates.

Narp.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So he will vote no next week if there is no investigation, or he will likely vote no in a week after an investigation. Got it.
    He definitely gave the impression that he would still support the nomination if there was a FBI investigation done, but who knows.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am not saying it satisfies D's.

I am saying the true middle of the road moderate senators and voters will feel better if the FBI investigates.

I wouldn't disagree, if everyone was acting in good faith. Flake thinks he's doing the right thing, and somehow he's assuming the D's will allow it to go as stated.

But with how this is going to turn out, that sentiment just doesn't matter. Those moderates will likely not even get a chance next week, because so much more is going to happen to change this entire situation.

Top Bottom