• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I can't find it, but an article was published Jan/Feb of this year stating the consumer would have a choice between standard Kahr trigger and a short-throw, short-reset trigger. I think the shorter trigger is just plain stupid. The standard trigger on my Kahr CM9 is WHY I love Kahr. It is DAO, long pull, full release to reset, 6 to 8 pounds, and buttery smooth: no catches, no roughness AT ALL, no wall. Just a long, absolutely clean, light trigger pull. I have two S&W revolvers (442/686+). The trigger on my Kahr CM9 is vastly superior to either of them. If S&W, or any other revolver maker, could duplicate the Kahr trigger, they would corner the market. The trigger pull (original) is the main selling point of Kahr pistols.

EDIT:
    If Kahr messes with the original trigger, they will kill sales of the X9.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    I've been through their website and I see nothing mentioned at all other than "smooth DAO trigger" on all their models. Nothing at all about a short reset trigger. I even used the search function.
    I watched a video where a guy did an interview at their booth at one of the shows and the guy physically mentioned they were working on two different triggers for the new double stack model. Not saying it's necessarily available right this second but that's what they were discussing on the video I saw anyway.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    I've been through their website and I see nothing mentioned at all other than "smooth DAO trigger" on all their models. Nothing at all about a short reset trigger. I even used the search function.

There's a video on YouTube referencing the optional trigger. Again it's still in the development stages but the buyer will have the option between the two according to multiple videos I've seen.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    The market begs to differ. You are part of a very small group.
    I'm with him to some extent. The reason they are so popular and have a following is because of what they are. Obviously if you want something to shoot like a Glock or a cig then you would just buy a Glock or a cig. I own several of them including the p9, K9 e9, PM 45, and so on and I love the fact that they all shoot and feel exactly the same. I'm all for improvements, but I think strain from what has made them great would be a mistake.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    The market begs to differ. You are part of a very small group.
    I believe you are mistaken. Kahr is not the most popular gun, but most folks who run one well, loudly proclaim the long, light, extremely smooth trigger pull as one of the best aspects of the brand. A very close second is the full stroke reset. If Kahr screws up the trigger, it will not sell.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I'm with him to some extent. The reason they are so popular and have a following is because of what they are. Obviously if you want something to shoot like a Glock or a cig then you would just buy a Glock or a cig. I own several of them including the p9, K9 e9, PM 45, and so on and I love the fact that they all shoot and feel exactly the same. I'm all for improvements, but I think strain from what has made them great would be a mistake.
    Amen.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I believe you are mistaken. Kahr is not the most popular gun, but most folks who run one well, loudly proclaim the long, light, extremely smooth trigger pull as one of the best aspects of the brand. A very close second is the full stroke reset. If Kahr screws up the trigger, it will not sell.
    If Kahr screws up their trigger stroke and reset to make it better / more like other popular striker fired guns - then they have a small chance to sell more firearms.

Kahr is way late to their double stack... And they're way late to a shorter trigger stroke / shorter reset. Didn't Sig offer that on their DA/SA and DAO guns like...20 years ago? HK even did DA/SA & DAO trigger variants 20 years ago. Why? To make their firearms easier to shoot for more people.

I get that people like them. I *used* to own a CW-40 - back before I knew better. There are so many guns that are so much easier to shoot without needing to fire hundreds / thousands of rounds to achieve unconscious competence with their trigger system.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    If Kahr screws up their trigger stroke and reset to make it better / more like other popular striker fired guns - then they have a small chance to sell more firearms.

Kahr is way late to their double stack... And they're way late to a shorter trigger stroke / shorter reset. Didn't Sig offer that on their DA/SA and DAO guns like...20 years ago? HK even did DA/SA & DAO trigger variants 20 years ago. Why? To make their firearms easier to shoot for more people.

I get that people like them. I *used* to own a CW-40 - back before I knew better. There are so many guns that are so much easier to shoot without needing to fire hundreds / thousands of rounds to achieve unconscious competence with their trigger system.
    Soooo....... Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Taurus, and all the other folks who make revolvers are going out of business because EVERYONE wants a 17-round, bottom-feeding, hair-trigger auto-loader? Your post makes it a bit obvious that you can't get past your own dislike of the Kahr trigger system. 'used to own before I knew better'. C'mon, if you can't see the prejudice in that statement, you aren't looking. Because you don't like or don't run Kahr well does not mean the same applies to everyone else.

I shoot a G21.4 well. I shoot a Keltec P32 well. I shoot a 686+ well. I shoot a Charter Arms Off Duty well. I shoot a Kahr CM9 well. Different tools, with different triggers, different capacities, and different purposes. I enjoy shooting enough to put the time into all my guns to shoot them well. Shooting a DA/DAO trigger is certainly different than shooting a G21 or P365 short-stroke striker trigger. I'm OK with that. If they were all the same, shooting would get boring. If I didn't shoot hundreds or thousands or rounds a year, I'd feel like I wasn't getting in enough range/practice time.

Last, but certainly not least. Mastering a G21-like striker fired trigger, or a 1911-like SAO trigger will do nothing to improve your skills with a long DAO trigger. Mastering a DAO trigger pull can/will make anyone who invests the time and money a better shooter, with nearly any handgun,

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Last time I checked Kahr's website, the X9 was featured prominently on the splash page. It also appeared in the list of Kahr 'series' available. I checked again this morning. The X9 is nowhere to be seen. Not on the splash page. Not listed in the 'series' list. No results on Kahr's search page. I can only conclude they have quietly killed the X9. Does anyone know different?

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    I personally hope the grip stays very similar to what they have always been known for. I've always felt that their polymer frames had such a fantastic feel to them. Super simple but an excellent overall shape and it makes them so enjoyable to handle. I'm not a fan of the finger grooves although Glock work very well on the Gen 3s but part of me wonders if they added a slight finger groove would it improve even more. But there again the other part of me would also hate if they changed it LOL anxious to see what the double stack frame is going to feel like compared to older models.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Last time I checked Kahr's website, the X9 was featured prominently on the splash page. It also appeared in the list of Kahr 'series' available. I checked again this morning. The X9 is nowhere to be seen. Not on the splash page. Not listed in the 'series' list. No results on Kahr's search page. I can only conclude they have quietly killed the X9. Does anyone know different?

:dunno:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Yes, it was back on their site a day or two after I posted. It is still not listed on the 'products' page. The same day I posted that, I sent an email to the marketing department (marketing@kahr.com) asking about the gun's production or release date, or if it has been discontinued. No reply. The gun appears to be vaporware.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bobbyp
    Top Bottom