• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Don't worry, I'll take over for him... I'm sitting on over 5k rounds of factory ammo still sealed tight... I'm checking out how to list it on gunbroker right now...:rockwoot:
    It's easy - just be sure to pay the extra couple bucks to get your listing to show up at the top after a search - it really helps bring the price up! Good luck to you!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    When primers get to a buck apiece I am going to become very rich. I have decided that's my sell point. Keep enough to allow me to shoot all I want, sell the rest, retire.

You're a gouger and you're just taking advantage of people if you do that... shame on your for even talking about building a nest-egg in such a shameful way... :D

How long do you think that will last ? I guess you could drag it out. Like add a case or so every few days, but what fun would that be ? :D

Eh... doesn't really matter... I'll just keep the thread rolling with some updates. Listed 1 listing with 200 rds with a modest reserve and high-ish buy it now price to see how things go. Buyer will obviously have the option to buy the other 13 200 rd battle-packs as well if he/she wants. When that sells I'll decided if I want to sell more factory ammo...

It's easy - just be sure to pay the extra couple bucks to get your listing to show up at the top after a search - it really helps bring the price up! Good luck to you!
    Thanks for the advice. I went back and updated my auction to reflect that.

Orion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks for the update on the crazy prices people are paying. Is it possible to search gunbroker for completed auctions or buy it now to see high prices are? I have an account, but havent seen that option.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I'm still here... I think the OP is out of ammo to sell so I'm taking over his position of gouging and gloating. My first auction was listed Wednesday evening. I'll come back here and update if it sells.

I'm about to buy a bunch of reloading equipment, so I might sell off some of my factory ammo as well. I'm sitting on close to 2K of 308 so I'm kind of tempted especially to help pay for my upcoming vacation:ingo:

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I'm still trying to figure out what in this topic makes a need for 13 pages.
    He sold the ammo for a profit. I are several things. Those that are upset they didn't have te extra ammo to sell for huge profit.
    Those that are upset he made a huge profit
    And
    Those who love reloading.

Lol. I don't like these prices and back around Christmas paid $12 a box for PMc bronze and swore I wouldn't pay like that again. Then bought a 100 wolf classic military just to have and paid $8 a box. Say what we will but it is what it is.

Much like complaining about $4.00 gallon for gas when it was $.95 a gallon when I started driving!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    cat.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well, it looks like I just sold my first lot. A 200 rd battle-pack of ammo that sold at the $205 buy-it-now price. Awaiting response from the buyer to see if he wants the other 2600 rds of battle-packs at that price.
    Buyer wanted 2 more battle packs at that price. I cut him a deal and made it $200 each for the other 2 battle packs. So total I made off the deal was $605-gunbroker fees for 600 rounds of ammo.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't think i'd sell anything til more's available, but that's just me.
    If more was available then selling it would be futile because it wouldn't be bringing the prices it is bringing. That's not to mention, I have lots available to me in my own stash.

Example: I bought this ammo sometime in late 2007 or early 2008 and haven't touched it since I bought it because I have plenty of reloads and other less-valuable ammo to shoot... I decided that at the price-point it's selling at, I can better prepare myself and my family by converting that ammo stash into cash....

Everybody is in a different situation and therefore some people can't afford to sell off ammo. Others that have a good stash can, and doing so will help them in other ways...

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I am actually planning on selling some 223 ammo as well. I am going to get $1 a round or it sits. I look at as selling to those who are to lazy to prepare and then *****. I Also look at as doing a small favor to those same yahoos who dont reload. Im going to take the money and order more componants. Yes there are places that are still taking back orders for powder and primers. Sadly Powder Valley has put a temp hold on though.
    And count me in the crowd that sees light at the end of the tunnel. I dont have a crystal ball but do spend most of my time at other gun forums and from PMs and friends there IS stuff in the pipeline. AND the AWB is largely DOA. Even if it goes to **** it will take months and by then I will roll the money into supplies and maybe even another AR. Id post my stuff here but am not at the 50 level so I will post it elsewhere.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    If more was available then selling it would be futile because it wouldn't be bringing the prices it is bringing. That's not to mention, I have lots available to me in my own stash.

Example: I bought this ammo sometime in late 2007 or early 2008 and haven't touched it since I bought it because I have plenty of reloads and other less-valuable ammo to shoot... I decided that at the price-point it's selling at, I can better prepare myself and my family by converting that ammo stash into cash....

Everybody is in a different situation and therefore some people can't afford to sell off ammo. Others that have a good stash can, and doing so will help them in other ways...

Im with you. I feel bad for those who financially could not stock up much but no pity for those who wouldnt and bought a new XBox or other stuff instead.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    sounds like your average panic buying. oh well if he's got the $$ :dunno: I don't think i'd sell anything til more's available, but that's just me.
    Thats the beauty of it. THERE IS stuff available to those of us who have spent years cultivating sources and know where to find it.

Top Bottom