• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    That's what he is saying. Bwframe, Colt556, and others are advocating that anybody willing to sell things should be selling them at pre-panic pricing to be "nice" to people that need those things, yet those 2 aren't selling anything out of their personal collections to help ease the supply problems we're having right now. But they willingly attack those that are selling out of their personal stash at current market value to help others get the items they need at a price that satisfies both parties. It's asinine and moronic child's play if you ask me...

Yeah, I tried trading my stripped upper at pre-panic pricing. WOW, was that a mistake! I actually still have it, but when I offered it up all I got was grief. I got tons of PMs about it. Lots of lowball offers(i.e. just 2 PMags). When I agreed to the trade, some other guy got all butthurt because I didn't agree to his trade. He then started attacking me in my WTT ad. So whatever about this whole "brotherhood" of gunowners. I don't know anybody on here nor would I really trust anybody. No offense to anyone, but trust takes time in my book. I have met some really great people on here though:ingo: I'm sure nobody would have any shame if they bought a $1200 gun for $500 from someone that was hard up for money. Would you turn around and give the poor sap an extra $700???

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's what he is saying. Bwframe, Colt556, and others are advocating that anybody willing to sell things should be selling them at pre-panic pricing to be "nice" to people that need those things, yet those 2 aren't selling anything out of their personal collections to help ease the supply problems we're having right now. But they willingly attack those that are selling out of their personal stash at current market value to help others get the items they need at a price that satisfies both parties. It's asinine and moronic child's play if you ask me...

I'm not taking advantage of anyone as I'm not selling a damn thing. I'm also not on a pedestal claiming I'm helping the have nots while actually doing NOTHING to help increase the supply. Unless bullying sellers on the net is increasing supply.

I just asked some questions friends. I'm sorry the questions are so upsetting to you that you feel the need to attempt to turn them into something they are not.

Your attempted diversions to me advocating (anything) and bullying are as mistaken as your name calling and character slams are wrong.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/254203-are_you_selling_your_ars.html

I have noticed some interesting "deals" on AR's and similarly styled rifles in the classifieds. It sure seems as if some folks are unloading their safes to turn a profit. Lots of expensive stuff mixed in with a few notables who appear to want to not be associated with gougers?

I'm no expert, but it looks like some pretty high dollar name brand AR's are for sale at a time when they might have been prima donna's a couple weeks ago? There are also those advertised as such, having unique parts, that make you wonder, hmm...

I have heard "rumors" of INGOers selling their guns on other gun sites under different usernames to avoid being "that guy," who took advantage of others that they might consider friends.

I wonder how INGOers feel about those riding the frenzy? What about the "vultures," who seem to pounce with an offer or question within a minute or two of the OP in the classifieds?

Are you selling your AR's?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing_to_screw_each_other_over.html#post3644338
    There are a handful of sellers who seem to make a statement by specifically not inflating their prices. I guess a lot of it is how you view the forum? Friends or marks?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._response_to_price_craziness.html#post3644397
    I think it's a good education. Lets you know about INGOers you might be dealing with in the future. In the classifieds, on the rest of the forum, on the range...

There are still quite a few pro-traders:rolleyes: operating. Some of the most interesting are those who will not list a price, choosing to only list as WTT. They often avoid a written price for whatever reason?

I'm sure I'm just naive, but I always looked at us all as friends. (Pollyanna, rainbows, unicorns?) I'd like to think all of my deals in the classified have benefited both parties. Then again I came here for knowledge as opposed to looking for an ebay or Craig's list for guns.

I like the fact that this site is predominantly a discussion board. It gives myself and others the opportunity to express opinion. Even those who might disagree:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_wtt_cream_of_mushroom_soup.html#post3693811
    You lost me when you neglected to say "really nice..." or "getting harder to come by..."

Also, you screwed up by listing the WTS/WTT.
    Never list WTS 'cause then you are required to price your item.
    WTT: gives you all options and very little accountability. You can cruse for suckers bumping to top for days on end without ever having to devulge what has been offered behind closed doors in PM's...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t_prices_dropping_in_3_2_1_a.html#post3735466
    He's been talkin' :poop::poop: that cannot be backed up, so he had to do something to keep the dialog alive. This was it.

So where is my cheap ammo and magazines? Cmon gougers, time to take a loss and come off of it.

Making a profit is called good business.
    Bragging about it to your peers is called arrogance.

So are you gonna hawk your stuff on INGO classifieds or take to other sites so it doesn't look like you are taking advantage of fellow Hoosiers? Are you gonna jump back on here to brag about your profit like the OP did? Just askin'.

I just asked some questions friends. I'm sorry the questions are so upsetting to you that you feel the need to attempt to turn them into something they are not.

Your attempted diversions to me advocating (anything) and bullying are as mistaken as your name calling and character slams are wrong.

For someone merely "discussing" this, you sure seem to be in the thick of all the anti gouging threads here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I participate in numerous discussions in INGO. Discussion is what a forum is isn't it? Feel free to quote me anytime. I am 100% accountable for my words, the same as every forum member, even you. ;)

BTW - Thank you for bringing nearly all of my opinion on this subject together in one place. It would have taken me hours to run all that down. :n00b: This thread will benefit greatly from the work you have put in on this. :)

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    The same folks complaining about gouging MIGHT be the same folks that:
    #1: Didn't pay attention the last time we had a shortage and got caught then too.
    #2: Got caught this time in the same condition.
    #3: Didn't take the time to learn how to reload.
    #4: Didn't take the time to learn how to cast.
    #5: Any combination of the above and are now a bit scared because of it.

I haven't been around forever but I have learned a little bit while I have been and this is cyclic and has indicators before it happens.

Watch and learn or sit and complain.
    I learned.
    Check out my thread: "What Shortage?"
    ;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I admit it, I'm trying to take advantage of people. Right now on gunbroker I have an NcStar P4 3x9-42 Sniper listed for $20. I know it's way more than it's worth, but I can't help it, there's got to be some sucker out there, that's why I didn't list it on InGO.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I participate in numerous discussions in INGO. Discussion is what a forum is isn't it? Feel free to quote me anytime. I am 100% accountable for my words, the same as every forum member, even you. ;)

BTW - Thank you for bringing nearly all of my opinion on this subject together in one place. It would have taken me hours to run all that down. :n00b: This thread will benefit greatly from the work you have put in on this. :)

And not a single word of yours that I bolded wasn't meant to shame or bully classified ads away from INGO. I've got some ocean front property for sale in central Indiana real cheap.

There isn't a dollar amount high enough to get me to sell to the gun owners here who feel they're entitled to my property at prices they deem is fair.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Thats bs price gouging gone wild as soon as the AWB face plants hopefully everything will come back down

Kinda like it did in '94?

This is capitalism. Supply vs. demand. Nothing more, nothing less. The demand is high and the supply is low. It's not price gouging. It's CAPITALISM! I can not fault someone that planned ahead and is now turning a profit by supplying those that did not plan ahead. Those that didnt plan ahead and paying higher prices are still better off, right? Feel bad and sell it for "pre-panic pricing" to help out someone that didn't plan ahead? I don't think so. You could just donate cash to help them overcome the inflated prices. It's the same thing.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Just to stir the pot a little more I just sold 200 rounds of PMC Bronze (In an auction) on GBR for $228 :D

ME > :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: > BANK

Now that is gloating;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just to stir the pot a little more I just sold 200 rounds of PMC Bronze (In an auction) on GBR for $228 :D

ME > :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: > BANK

Now that is gloating;)

I think those who believe in the free market should not list any guns or ammo they're selling here and sell it elsewhere. Then all those who care so deeply about the poor and new shooters and all the buyers can peruse the classifieds for vaporware. Those concerned aren't selling anything so there won't be anything for the complainers to buy here.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think someone who has a full auto Uzi 9mm should sell me one at the inflation adjusted price I saw them for when I was 16 in 1985. I'll spring for the tax stamp.

I'll settle for paying the actual cost price of a registered DIAS, I mean it's like a $5 part, plus the $200 tax.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think someone who has a full auto Uzi 9mm should sell me one at the inflation adjusted price I saw them for when I was 16 in 1985. I'll spring for the tax stamp.

I'll settle for paying the actual cost price of a registered DIAS, I mean it's like a $5 part, plus the $200 tax.

I want Mickey Mantle Rookie card. It couldn't have cost more than a penny to produce back in the 50's. I'll even give it a 1000% inflation. Someone must sell me one for $10 or they're a gouger.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi all you guys-n-gals! Another update on my ammo pimping. the guy that bought the 200 rounds from me on GBR e-mail and asked me if I had another 1000 and what I wanted for it. I said you bet I do and I'd let him have it for $900 with free shipping! He jumped on it and already paid me! I figured since I was avoiding gunbroker fees I'd cut him a deal and give him free shipping! Now wasn't that magnanimous of me:D

Once again:

ME >>>:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:>>>>>BANK

Woops -there I go bragging/gloating again:(
    In the words of the late great Lou Costello, "I'm a baaaaad boy."

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I want to support my fellow shooters and it is pissing me off seeing all the retailers jack up the prices on all of us! .

From 4 weeks ago in this thread....

Click here: sittin on over 3K rounds of factory 223 5.56 - what to do - INGunOwners

What am I missing here ?... Wouldn't this be a double standard ? Well, on second thought, who cares... It's your ammo, it's your decision as to what to do with it....

The part I am curious about though is if my math is right, you only have 800 rounds left... You started with a whopping 3000 rds and according to this thread, you have now sold 2200 rds.... What ya going to do for fun when it's all gone ? :dunno: I mean, what are you going to use for these updates ?

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010

Click here: sittin on over 3K rounds of factory 223 5.56 - what to do - INGunOwners

What am I missing here ?... Wouldn't this be a double standard ? Well, on second thought, who cares... It's your ammo, it's your decision as to what to do with it....

The part I am curious about though is if my math is right, you only have 800 rounds left... You started with a whopping 3000 rds and according to this thread, you have now sold 2200 rds.... What ya going to do for fun when it's all gone ? :dunno: I mean, what are you going to use for these updates ?

Yup - and many guys said go for it and sell it - so after some consideration I did! No double standard at all. I was in an ethical dilemma and after some thought I figured I am not a retailer so why not sell it. But even then after more thought I don't really fault the retailers so much either - it's the market. When people stop paying the prices will drop. I put some on gunbroker at 99 cents no reserve and scored. I tried to trade some here for gold/silver etc but the offers were just not there - It seems those who's gold and silver went up in value over the last 10 years wanted todays market value in trade - imagine that!
    Anyway - yes I am sitting on 800 or so rounds give or take. I have 200 still on GBR. So what am I gonna do for fun? I dunno maybe sell the stockpile of 22 I have or the 1000 rounds of 38sp or the 2500 rounds of 9mm or the 400 rounds of 44 mag or the 500 rounds of 40 s&W. I dunno - maybe if the weather get's nice I'll shoot some of it! You see, I stocked up big time when prices were low. I pretty much only buy in 500-1000 round lots via internet so I get great deals. I do not have time to reload so I also sell my brass. Maybe I'll wait for brass to jump to 50 cents a casing and sell then. All I know is I am having a lot of fun now so I will just live in this moment for a while:D

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Don't worry, I'll take over for him... I'm sitting on over 5k rounds of factory ammo still sealed tight... I'm checking out how to list it on gunbroker right now...:rockwoot:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Don't worry, I'll take over for him... I'm sitting on over 5k rounds of factory ammo still sealed tight... I'm checking out how to list it on gunbroker right now...:rockwoot:

When primers get to a buck apiece I am going to become very rich. I have decided that's my sell point. Keep enough to allow me to shoot all I want, sell the rest, retire.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

How long do you think that will last ? I guess you could drag it out. Like add a case or so every few days, but what fun would that be ? :D

Top Bottom