• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Ok, one more just because this is so funny. I bite my tongue more than I post about BS like this. Did you think that line up yourself or borrow it from someone else. Anyone that knows me will laugh at your statement as well. :lmfao:

Well that is exactly it isn't it - you do not know me either - yet if I sense the sentiments in your posts correctly you characterize me as someone who should be ashamed of himself and who takes advantage of others. In addition you call my thread/post BS? WOW. :rolleyes:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Sure it sucks that prices are high, no one likes paying more than they feel they should pay for something they want, but at the same time we all should be somewhat happy that so many people are waking up to the fact that our gov't wants to take our freedom away, these people are not gun experts(yet) and many are just now getting into the market for ar-15(like i did a month ago). Thank god that i joined this forum and have been able to find pre panic prices on all my stuff and have been patient waiting for walmart to get their truck in!!! I dont like seeing high prices but hey, so many people who have never bought a gun in the lives are waking up to the real situation, so that makes me feel a little better. What if they ban something? what if they try regulating ammo next? Then these prices today wont be so bad huh? If people are willing to pay it, there will always be someone willing to sell it. i bought boxes of .223 at walmart for 8 bucks a box. screw the paper i could get for it, i'd rather have it for me! I think the paper we make will soon be worth nothing with the looming bankruptcy path we are on, so hey, i'm stocking up!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am trying to follow some of the logic in this thread. It's clearly a seller's market for ammo. OP sells some ammo for a huge profit in an auction style format. Buyer is happy to have the product at that price. The best transaction is when both buyer and seller are happy. Then come the posts that seem to bash OP for putting up an item for sale during a supply crunch. Essentially bashing him for providing a product that is hard to find. If one person lists a hard to find item in an auction where tr buyer names his price he's a jerk? But if a manufacturer releases 1,000,000 items at a fixed price they're a hero?

I'm going to find all those jerks who sold AAPL stock for $700/share and call them out on an Internet forum...

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I'm going to find all those jerks who sold AAPL stock for $700/share and call them out on an Internet forum...

Go ahead, make my day and call me out but, I stopped out going down at $625. I got in years ago at around $58.

The value of any property is whatever a willing and able buyer will pay for it. While I wouldn't pay $1200 for 1K of .223, that doesn't mean it is not worth that much to someone else. I also have a SIG 556 Classic SWAT and if someone offered me $3K for it, I would accept the offer even though I like it very much, just not $3K much.:):

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    PMCFlash1.jpg

I'd say you did ok considering that is some crap ammo.

PMC X-TAC 5.56 Ammo Lights Up the Night...And the Day | The Truth About Guns

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am considering selling some of my green tips too. When can triple my money it's hard to resist. I turned down an $1800 offer for my PSA AR. I'm just not interested in selling.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Guess I should've written it in purple. As long a people keep prostituting ammo, mags, guns, etc prices will remain high. I have stuff I could sell for big bucks but refuse to do that to my fellow shooters for the sake of the almighty dollar. Many of the people *****ing about prices are the same ones that sell items for inflated prices on other sites. Everyone needs to be able to live with themselves though and it appears from your boasting that you don't see anything wrong in what your doing. Hope it's worth it to you. :twocents:

Im with you on this. Except I dont blame the sellers as much as I do the stupid arses that are paying these inflated prices. Stop buying at these prices and sellers will have to bring them back down and people will stop buying all they can to sell for a profit.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Maybe in a few months these "inflated" prices people are paying for ammo might seem cheap..hope not..but if people are willing to pay..this is America..but P.T. Barnum had a saying too..and we all know what is was....

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The only bad thing is...., that there aren't any other guns to buy. Everything is gone. :laugh: :n00b:

Truthfully....I've been wanting to put a patio in my back yard with some nice furniture & a new grill.

Thinking that I could trade my AR and some Ammo for 10 years of fun summer nights is tempting...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I am considering selling some of my green tips too. When can triple my money it's hard to resist. I turned down an $1800 offer for my PSA AR. I'm just not interested in selling.

You probably should have taken it. That's an $1100 dollar profit. In my mind,a PSA is a $700 dollar rifle. And anyone who's been into AR's the past couple of years knows that's true.

Top Bottom