• n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    g261st.jpg

g262nd.jpg

Okay now a range report. The first target was the first mag though the gun. I shot low left on that target. The next 30 or so rounds it was even worse. The groups was always in the same place but was low left. I had to cover my target with the sight instead of the the normal 6 o'clock aim. I was pretty sure it was me because the recoil was pretty healthy for me even though it is only 9mm.
    Now the second target was toward the end of shooting and I remembered someone or somewhere I watched a video where the person was using thier middle finger for the trigger and thier pointing finger pointing down range at the target. That allowed me to get my little finger on the grip and really control the G26 more and my shooting got alot better and more accurate. All shots was from only 7 yards and I did not try anything farther on this trip because I was trying to get used to the gun. The gun functioned flawless.

Now for a question. Is it bad to shoot with your middle finger as the trigger finger? I was hoping not to get finger extensions, but will if this is a bad practice. I think it is very important to keep control of this little baby and it will perform very good shooting if you are capable. Jim

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pearce Grip Extensions

Here is an almost necessary item for your G26 "Pearce Grip Extensions"

PEARCE GRIP : SEMI AUTO GRIP EXTENSION - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

pearcegrip.jpg

Every compact magazine that I have has either a Glock factory +2 extension or one of these Pearce +1 extensions.

You will see some people call these Pearce extensions a +2, they are not. Only +1 (or adding an extra round in the magazine) in .40SW is all that I've found.

But in 9mm for the Pearce, I have not tried this. You may be able to squeeze in 2 extra rounds. I will have to try one myself. Also, do not forget about the 33 round 9mm "Happy Sticks" :).

TK

Last edited:

KA9NTZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Lafayette
    I dought this will ever happen!!!! :p

I went to the range today and all I can say is wow! You know when you get something new you want to sleep with it beside you. Well mine is waiting for me and I hope the Wife does not mind. LOL!!!! Jim
    Glockbed.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don't get the point of the extensions... that is why I sold my 27 and got a 23.

If you are going to extend it, they why not just get the bigger gun?

Plus, the space between the extension and magwell can bite the crap out of your fingers.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get the point of the extensions... that is why I sold my 27 and got a 23.

Plus, the space between the extension and magwell can bite the crap out of your fingers.

I beg to differ sir, the Pearce & Glock factory magazine extensions work great. I do keep one of the 9 round magazines w/o an extension for using in the gun to keep from printing when using an ankle holster.

I've shot many, many K down the range and the only time a Glock magazine bit my fingers was when shooting a G27 using a 15 round G22 magazine with no extension on the magazine.

TK

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I've also never gotten bitten from a finger extension, now I have from the grip extension when using a Glock 19 mag in the G26. With the finger extension it gives you just enough room for your pinky to help control the gun but is still a much shorter grip than the G19. It makes it a little easier to CC that way.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I showed the blisters on my pinky to a few people at dinner after the last ACT Self-defense class, probably put 150 rounds through the G27 that day.

Was from the Pierce finger extensions.

"Much shorter grip"... not really

IMG_2196.jpg

only real advantage come if you DON'T use it.

That little gap you can see in this picture is what bit me, came from the side, not the front.

Your hands are most likely a different size than mine, mine just happen to rest right on that gap.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Question from me is: Have you ever seen someone shoot with thier middle finger for the trigger finger and is this a bad practice? I know I either read this or seen it in a magazine or on a video or something. Is the extension a have to or should I shoot the same way I was having success? Jim

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The Question from me is: Have you ever seen someone shoot with thier middle finger for the trigger finger and is this a bad practice? I know I either read this or seen it in a magazine or on a video or something. Is the extension a have to or should I shoot the same way I was having success? Jim

I read/saw somewhere that this practice is frowned upon because often you can move your index finger independent from the other fingers, but if you use your middle finger, your index may push against the gun, bringing it out of line.

You should post this in the shooting tactics forum.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mag Fit?

Here is a pic. Hopefully tomorrow pics of a couple of targets with some good shots. Jim
    glockG26.jpg

Congrats on a great buy acquisition. Curious about the fit of the mag against the bottom of the butt. Does it fit snug or does it leave a gap that pinches the pinky? :dunno: Mine has such a gap. When I use the Pierce pinky extender it pinches big time. Can't figure if it is a problem with the mag (too long) or with the weapon itself.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Have the Glock factory extension on mine and have never been bit.
    For me the extension is a must, the only way I can get a full grip on the pistol. Something about having that pinky waving around in the breeze

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Meant shorter in the sense that is like a "bobtail", since it is the back of the grip that prints when conceal carrying it. If you notice in your pic the back of the mags. Looks to be about a 1/2 inch shorter, hence the much shorter/better conceal ability comment.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Meant shorter in the sense that is like a "bobtail", since it is the back of the grip that prints when conceal carrying it. If you notice in your pic the back of the mags. Looks to be about a 1/2 inch shorter, hence the much shorter/better conceal ability comment.

hmmm, the front of the grip pointing backwards is what I notice when printing... if carried on my right side. The back of the grip is pointing more upwards.

Like this:

ccw_holster03.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

Well I figured I'd chime in here cause I bought your G27 :D

I like the ability to go smaller if I'd like. If I want to take the extension off and keep it more compact, I can. If I want the bigger grip, I can do that. I like options. Plus I just idolize the G27 and have always wanted one, since my dad got one 10ish years ago.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom