• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have the Pearce +1 on my G26. I agree, the extender is important for a sure grip and firm control when shooting. I came away with a blood blister both times I spent extended time at the range with it. I filed down the front lip on both extenders and that reduced the bite considerably but did not eliminate it. My son bought me a pair of shooting gloves, so I wear them when I an shooting the G26 to eliminate the bite. I figure if I am in a shooting situation, I will not notice the bite and will gladly take a few bites as long as I have a dependable weapon that keeps the BG away.

My son also has a G26. His stock mag fits flush against the end of the butt. He has Pearce extenders on it and there is no gap, NONE, between the sharp front lip of the extender and the end of the butt. No bite at all, with or without the extender. If I put his mags in my G26, åthere is no gap. If I put my mags in his 26, there is a gap. Conclusion: the factory mags I received, and the extra Glock mag I purchased from a local Fort Wayne shop, are longer than the ones that came with my son's Glock. I tried several mags at H & H Firearms and Ranger Supply, both in Fort Wayne, and discovered that they all leave a gap at the end of the butt on my 26. Second conclusion: Glock has changed the manufacturing specs.

I discusse this with the staff at H & H, Ranger Supply and Glock customer service. All said it was a positive. The loose tolerances mean Glocks will work, always. I am not satisfied, but I do not have any other options. I still prefer the Glocks to any other weapons I have studied or tried. I just am not satisfied.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I beg to differ sir, the Pearce & Glock factory magazine extensions work great. I do keep one of the 9 round magazines w/o an extension for using in the gun to keep from printing when using an ankle holster.

I've shot many, many K down the range and the only time a Glock magazine bit my fingers was when shooting a G27 using a 15 round G22 magazine with no extension on the magazine.

TK

I agree with Turn Key. I love the extensions for my G27 and think it gives the gun the flexibility to nicely conceal, but to function like the larger styles all with just changing the mags...

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    From what I read on other Forums that Glock has made thier Mags different now on the newer guns. They are ambidextrous mags and they do not fit totally flush up to bottom of the well. that gap is what was biting me. I have heard even with a Pierce ext. or some of the others that this still happens. People with older guns are not having this problem. It makes it uncomfortable to shoot. I WILL get this figured out because I think this is one of the best Firearms out there. Jim

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You will like how it feel at the range, very smooth.

agreed, I demonstrated you can hit a USPSA drop-turner with a headshot at the ACT Self-Defense course a couple of weeks ago. The gun is a shooter, that's for sure.

The cool thing is, we all find one (or many) that suits our needs. I liked the G23 better and 38Special got a good deal on a G27 he's been wanting.

Win-win! :rockwoot::D

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is anyone using Gap floor plates? It seems they would work the best because you are only adding very little to the bottom of the grip. Jim

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't get the point of the extensions...

[Ahem]

For me, it's definitely amps the 'SEXY' factor. ;)

In the posted pics I noticed a small gap between the Pearce extension and the grip, and n9znd pointed it out in a post, too... will edit this post to add a pic and show that mine lacks this gap.

Sorry to know it gives a bite-- that would miff me big time!

I've had my 26 for a couple years & am still trying to get comfortable carrying it.

It has become my choice piece-- lacks capacity, but all else is {mwah!} perfecto!

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Note the Gap

I agree with Turn Key. I love the extensions for my G27 and think it gives the gun the flexibility to nicely conceal, but to function like the larger styles all with just changing the mags...

I need to document the gap problem. First photo shows my G26. Nice piece.
    picture.php

The second shows the gap between the end of the grip and the top of the Pearce +1 extender.

picture.php

Note that I have filed off the sharp lip that is standard on this extender, but it still leaves a gap and still pinches my finger—just not as bad as when the lip was there. Remember that the lip is extremely sharp. When I grip the G26 normally, my third finger fits on the lip and is squeezed between the lip and bottom of the grip. On my son's G26, this gap is not seen with his mags. It appears when my mags are inserted into his 26. Clearly Glock is making these mags longer. The result is blood blisters when I shoot my 26 with the mags that came from the factory and the Pearce +1 extender. I purchased a set of Brownells extenders, which does not have that sharp lip, but I have not installed them yet. I hope they will resolve the problem.

My point here is simply to document the problem, alert the :ingo: membership to the problem, inquire if others have a similar problem, vent :xmad:, whine and :crying:, (OK, just kidding on the last one!).

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am planning on going to Gander mountain tomorrow. I wonder if they will have any grip extensions. I have to go anyway to return some jeans because I think they made them too small!!!! Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well it has been 4 weeks since I bought this gun. Still in love. But I knew it could be better in my eyes. I know that some Glock Purest will not like it, But I do not care and people need to do what they want.
    I did a grip reduction, polish the slide, rounded the trigger guard,widened the stock rear sight to let more light in, Polished the barrel, took off the finger grooves,Stippled the grip and cut down and modified and stippled a Scherer grip extension.

I have shot the gun with the Scherer, Gap Floorplate and stock floor plate and have not decided on which I like the best. The Scherer did pinch your finger when shooting. I Filed all the sharp edges off and it seemed to help alot. I really like the modified extension the best but I will know more when I get to shoot it.
    The gun fits my Hand alot better and the stippling sticks like velcro. I will add better sights soon a chrome pin kit and do something to the trigger or maybe a smooth trigger. The trigger will be last because it seems to work okay. I did all the work myself after doing a ton of research on INGO and Glocktalk. It is cool to have a cool Forum Like INGO to ask questions and get feedback. What a great Web Tool. Thanks Jim
    g26-1.jpg

g26-2.jpg

g26-3.jpg

g26-4.jpg

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Congratulations on your new "baby". The 26 is a great carry weapon. Easy to conceal. Mine eats everything well except for Golden Sabers.

Top Bottom