• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ah- another excellent point to bring up! I look at Grelber's plan and say "there is absolutely no benefit to it all." But, someone else, such as yourself, can look at it and say "he probably just went from 10 down to 0 down because the target is nearly stationary.

The difference is that I'm viewing it purely as a competitor and you're viewing it as an SO. And from an SO perspective, yeah, it does seem at least border on a FTDR.

Good stuff to think about.

Strategy is ability (and/or choice of weapon) dependent I think.
    There is no advantage, if you are good enough to hit the fast moving swinger. If you are likely looking at 7.5 seconds down unless you wait on the target for a long time initially (or find something creative), then the cheese is a bit more binding.

I blame everything on the way you guys approached the Texas Star with the wheel guns at Owensboro 2 months back, and the snake, and on TF for giving me his strident rendition of the "it's not a clip it is a magazine" speech.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Strategy is ability (and/or choice of weapon) dependent I think.
    There is no advantage, if you are good enough to hit the fast moving swinger. If you are likely looking at 7.5 seconds down unless you wait on the target for a long time initially (or find something creative), then the cheese is a bit more binding.

I blame everything on the way you guys approached the Texas Star with the wheel guns at Owensboro 2 months back, and the snake, and on TF for giving me his strident rendition of the "it's not a clip it is a magazine" speech.

Another good point. What might seem like a bad idea to one shooter may actually be good idea for another.

The snake definitely played a part.

I don't know what the problem is with "clips". I use clips all the time. I love clips. CLIPS, CLIPS, CLIPS! I'm not certain, but I think it bothers Ben just a bit that I can say that and it's 100% true.

I did use mags Saturday though.

:D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Another good point. What might seem like a bad idea to one shooter may actually be good idea for another.

I don't know what the problem is with "clips". I use clips all the time. I love clips. CLIPS, CLIPS, CLIPS! I'm not certain, but I think it bothers Ben just a bit that I can say that and it's 100% true.

I read a clip about reloading in a gun magazine once.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

You happen to be the ONLY person on the range that can get away with "clip" but ONLY while you are shooting or in possession or referring to your revolver that accepts "moon clips."

:):

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I read a clip about reloading in a gun magazine once.

:joke::D

You happen to be the ONLY person on the range that can get away with "clip" but ONLY while you are shooting or in possession or referring to your revolver that accepts "moon clips."

:):

:D I don't know why but I usually call them "moons." I have a bit of the "clip" aversion myself, even though I'm justified in using the terminology.

Something was brought about about this very topic Saturday and a name was given for the moons, but I can't remember what it was. "Moon reloaders" or something.:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :joke::D

:D I don't know why but I usually call them "moons." I have a bit of the "clip" aversion myself, even though I'm justified in using the terminology.

Something was brought about about this very topic Saturday and a name was given for the moons, but I can't remember what it was. "Moon reloaders" or something.:laugh:

Moon Magazines!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Since we're on the subject of moons/revolvers etc, and we're waiting for scores, let me pose a total threadjack.

IDPA HQ is wondering how they can increase revolver participation in IDPA. A whole thread is dedicated to this issue on the IDPA forum.

A while back Scott formed an all revolver squad, which was pretty cool. It did bring some revolvers out of the safe and onto the range. I don't think anyone in that squad stuck with revolvers but me. Even Trockman has been running a Glock.

Any ideas?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Since we're on the subject of moons/revolvers etc, and we're waiting for scores, let me pose a total threadjack.

IDPA HQ is wondering how they can increase revolver participation in IDPA. A whole thread is dedicated to this issue on the IDPA forum.

A while back Scott formed an all revolver squad, which was pretty cool. It did bring some revolvers out of the safe and onto the range. I don't think anyone in that squad stuck with revolvers but me. Even Trockman has been running a Glock.

Any ideas?

Free ammo for revolver shooters...

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county

Any ideas?

Roundy roundy guns are dead, time to go to a bottom feeder. If you still want to shoot antiques get you a 1911. :popcorn:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Roundy roundy guns are dead, time to go to a bottom feeder. If you still want to shoot antiques get you a 1911. :popcorn:

:laugh:

I'll stick with my dead guns over a 1911. I just don't see the attraction to the 1911.:dunno:

:popcorn:

One of the ideas put forth for more revo participation is to open production to 7 and 8 round revolvers. I would at least have to try it if they went that way.

ETA: Sorry, got my games mixed up there for a minute. I meant to say letting 7 or 8 round revolvers in CDP.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Any ideas?

Maybe we could have stages set up where you rode horses?

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    :laugh:

I'll stick with my dead guns over a 1911. I just don't see the attraction to the 1911.:dunno:

:popcorn:

One of the ideas put forth for more revo participation is to open production to 7 and 8 round revolvers. I would at least have to try it if they went that way.

ETA: Sorry, got my games mixed up there for a minute. I meant to say letting 7 or 8 round revolvers in CDP.

I doubt they let the revolvers shoot in CDP. Might be something someone thought of but the IDPA forums are full of good ideas:rolleyes: that no way in well you know where will ever be brought to light. I sometimes just shake my head and wonder where some of those guys come up with that stuff.:dunno:

I would think the low numbers of revolver shooters would attract more shooters actually. Meaning less competition to compete against. But it seems as though there are many who like myself want to shoot their carry gear. Of course there are many more that go for the competition and thrive on it by shooting a SSP or ESP gun.

Top Bottom