• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Scores are up! Thanks for the putting the time in Steve- I know that had to have been a lot of keyboard punching!

My math was right- missed ESP Expert by 1.87:( I think I can get it next time. Good thing is that I was solidly in the SSP Expert range and only 12 out from SSP Master. In another year, I think I can grab that one too.

Congrats to all who moved up! And, it's good to see another revolver guy in the mix now:rockwoot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    HA! Jr would have made Master at Redbrush anyway by a sum total of .74. That's cutting it close! I think he told me he was running SSP in the same way he carries (IWB or something.

Correction: That run would not have made Master

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    In keeping with tradition

Sidematch Top 10 (*=Kool Kids Squad)
    1. Eadens 67.09 (ESP)
    2. *Milam 72.00 (ESP)
    3. Fisher 72.14 (ESP)
    4. Zehner 79.45 (SSP)
    5. O’Bradovich 82.78 (SSP)
    6. Lacheta 87.85 (ESP)
    7. Laub 88.45 (CDP)
    8. *Magenheimer 89.24 (ESP)
    9. *Owens 90.95 (SSP)
    10. Duff 92.53 (CDP)
    What this information tells us is that if you want to run your best, you need to be in the Kool Kids Squad and it doesn't hurt to run ESP. It also tells me that so long as Scott and Greg don't shoot, I can hang in the Top 3:laugh:

Steve, I didn't think the sidematches were a bad idea at all. In fact, they helped raise my spirits. Although I didn't meet my goal of ESP EXP, I did run better than Brad on 2 of 3 of the sidematch stages (he caught me on the house). So thanks for setting them up so that I don't continue to feel like a pathetic waste:D

I see a lot of guys that I think will improve on the classifier in 6 months or a year's time. Just got to put the work in on it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Oh, and I am with TJ in saying that the wide matches were well worth the effort and wait. I had a fantastic time, despite the squib, and it made waiting around much more tolerable! I'd do it again in a heart beat!

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    There is another side to that coin...the people that shot the classifier first were too pooped to run some/all of the matches when they were done with the classifier.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    And on another previous thread jack note, TF was, in my opinion, correct on the cover call. Grelber didn't go back to the swinger because it had slowed down, he only wanted to make up shots. However, he shot in front of cover. The FTDR could have been called, but that would have been anal. Once again, in my opinion.

Now for TS and TP. Think of TP as front to back, nearer to farther; and TS as left to right, and then right to left. The ole' 1 - 1- 2 - 1 - 1 thing.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There is another side to that coin...the people that shot the classifier first were too pooped to run some/all of the matches when they were done with the classifier.

You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time. Saturday was a good day and a good match, don't let anyone tell you differently. :yesway:

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Scoring classifiers is a PITA. However, for the friends I've made, I can do this again...and probably will.... dangit.

With the scores finally done, I can now take a shower and shave. Tomorrow I'll clean my gun. Whew!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And on another previous thread jack note, TF was, in my opinion, correct on the cover call. Grelber didn't go back to the swinger because it had slowed down, he only wanted to make up shots. However, he shot in front of cover. The FTDR could have been called, but that would have been anal. Once again, in my opinion.

Yep! That sheds the light we were needing on that situation.

Saturday was a good day and a good match, don't let anyone tell you differently. :yesway:

I thought so too, but I shot the classifier last. I don't have any ideas on how to lessen the time involved in classifiers except to maybe hold more and run stage one in one bay, stage two and three in another, and have those squads alternate till done. It's just a time intensive deal anyway it goes if you're putting 60 shooters through.

Scoring classifiers is a PITA. However, for the friends I've made, I can do this again...and probably will.... dangit.

With the scores finally done, I can now take a shower and shave. Tomorrow I'll clean my gun. Whew!

Thanks again man! I counted up the entries needed for each shooter on the classifier and knew you were in for some long work. We appreciate it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :D Polymer guns in CDP is the equivilant of the NIV version of the Bible; KJV is the 1911 and poly is NIV.....both are The Lord's caliber, just different translations :D

That's right! If the KJV was good enough for Peter and Paul, its good enough for me! :laugh:

(I have heard that very phrase on more than one occasion from absolutely serious people)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :wrongdoor:

Time to check out of this thread

And the glory of lingual converse is much much less than it was.
    Was it the, attract revolvers with stagecoach and horses stuff? I am truly sorry if a line was crossed.
    All BS aside, we really could take some gray paint to the plywood barricades and do a stonehenge thing.

FWIW. Called Dawson Precision (bought my STI from them) about broken slide lock resultant from the Scowens match from hell Saturday (SMHS). They had me talk to one of their gunsmiths and he worked my ear a good bit about his experience with fixing 1911 stuff which was pretty cool. So + 1 for that outfit.
    Next call was to STI, one is coming for free and they went UPS instead of US mail as they said that would get it to me a day quicker. So +1 for that outfit also.
    Crux of input from the 2 outfits was that stuff breaks, but slidelocks don't break often and when they do it is usually at the meeting of the flat lever to the pin. The pin broke about midway on mine which is just plain weird.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And the glory of lingual converse is much much less than it was.
    Was it the, attract revolvers with stagecoach and horses stuff? I am truly sorry if a line was crossed.
    All BS aside, we really could take some gray paint to the plywood barricades and do a stonehenge thing.

FWIW. Called Dawson Precision (bought my STI from them) about broken slide lock resultant from the Scowens match from hell Saturday (SMHS). They had me talk to one of their gunsmiths and he worked my ear a good bit about his experience with fixing 1911 stuff which was pretty cool. So + 1 for that outfit.
    Next call was to STI, one is coming for free and they went UPS instead of US mail as they said that would get it to me a day quicker. So +1 for that outfit also.
    Crux of input from the 2 outfits was that stuff breaks, but slidelocks don't break often and when they do it is usually at the meeting of the flat lever to the pin. The pin broke about midway on mine which is just plain weird.

Good to hear on the STI situation. And a good reminder that indeed stuff does break, the best steel can have a weak spots, etc. In the highly unlikely event that it happens again, you'll know its a gun, not parts, issue. I like to see companes support their products and their customers:yesway:

Top Bottom