• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just so you have an idea of what to expect, here are some of the things that different from what I am used to stand out to me. I am new to IDPA and assume I am not the only one.

As stated in the OP this is not going to be 100% by the book but I will be incorporating most of the procedures outlined in the IDPA rule book.

I am going to deviate on having mags loaded to a specific round count. All mags should be loaded to capacity. One of the things you should be prepared for is mag retention, meaning no mags that have rounds left in them will be allowed to drop free on the floor. Either they will be pocketed then a new mag inserted or tactical reloaded where you exchange them with a loaded mag from your mag pouch. (Might be something to practice) Only time a mag can be allowed to fall free is if it is empty.

We won’t be “air gunning” the stages. The stages will be visible but we won’t be pre walking them and breaking down how to shoot them. Round count per target won’t be revealed until stage description. So load the mags up, shoot and figure out how to do mag changes…

Not every stage will require this type of mag change as some will just be for “fun” However; this is all in the spirit of becoming better on the streets.

Another thing we will be doing is shooting from behind cover when available. Also the targets will be shot in particular order depending on “Tactical Priority” If you don’t know what that means look it up. I did. This will be covered during stage description as well

I am learning IDPA rules as well as some of you. You might want to take a look at the rules if not already familiar with them.

As far as cover garment, this is what we are looking for:

1.2.2.1 Concealable: All equipment will be placed so that it is not visible while wearing a concealment garment, with your arms extended to your sides, parallel to the ground.

1.2.2.2 Practical: All equipment must be practical for all day concealed carry self-defense, and worn in a manner that is appropriate for all day continuous wear.

This is the first of I hope many and may or may not be flawless, but I am all about continuous improvement.
    Wow Allen, you were up early on a Saturday morning with this. Looks like there will be some changes coming our way, but part of this is being able to make changes as needed.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Wow Allen, you were up early on a Saturday morning with this. Looks like there will be some changes coming our way, but part of this is being able to make changes as needed.
    Yes I was up early... again

I hope that trying to give a little heads up didn't scare anyone away. I think you will find in actual shooting of the stages that things will be very similar to what Coach was doing except for the mag change fiasco. I was not a big fan of the idea myself but I want to give it a try and see how well it is received... or not.

Joe from Parabellum really wanted to run IDPA style and if that is what it takes to get this going again then I am all for it. But the more I learn I think it will be fun and Challenging.
    That's my goal anyway, easy is boring.

Advantage of shooting with me vs Coach is, many of you will be better then I am :) Zero disrespect intended

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Just so you have an idea of what to expect, here are some of the things that different from what I am used to stand out to me. I am new to IDPA and assume I am not the only one.

As stated in the OP this is not going to be 100% by the book but I will be incorporating most of the procedures outlined in the IDPA rule book.

I am going to deviate on having mags loaded to a specific round count. All mags should be loaded to capacity. One of the things you should be prepared for is mag retention, meaning no mags that have rounds left in them will be allowed to drop free on the floor. Either they will be pocketed then a new mag inserted or tactical reloaded where you exchange them with a loaded mag from your mag pouch. (Might be something to practice) Only time a mag can be allowed to fall free is if it is empty.

We won’t be “air gunning” the stages. The stages will be visible but we won’t be pre walking them and breaking down how to shoot them. Round count per target won’t be revealed until stage description. So load the mags up, shoot and figure out how to do mag changes…

Not every stage will require this type of mag change as some will just be for “fun” However; this is all in the spirit of becoming better on the streets.

Another thing we will be doing is shooting from behind cover when available. Also the targets will be shot in particular order depending on “Tactical Priority” If you don’t know what that means look it up. I did. This will be covered during stage description as well

I am learning IDPA rules as well as some of you. You might want to take a look at the rules if not already familiar with them.

As far as cover garment, this is what we are looking for:

1.2.2.1 Concealable: All equipment will be placed so that it is not visible while wearing a concealment garment, with your arms extended to your sides, parallel to the ground.

1.2.2.2 Practical: All equipment must be practical for all day concealed carry self-defense, and worn in a manner that is appropriate for all day continuous wear.

This is the first of I hope many and may or may not be flawless, but I am all about continuous improvement.
    Gamer IDPA vests allowed?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes I was up early... again

I hope that trying to give a little heads up didn't scare anyone away. I think you will find in actual shooting of the stages that things will be very similar to what Coach was doing except for the mag change fiasco. I was not a big fan of the idea myself but I want to give it a try and see how well it is received... or not.

Joe from Parabellum really wanted to run IDPA style and if that is what it takes to get this going again then I am all for it. But the more I learn I think it will be fun and Challenging.
    That's my goal anyway, easy is boring.

Advantage of shooting with me vs Coach is, many of you will be better then I am :) Zero disrespect intended
    I say modified / "spirit of" IDPA is good.

I say if you want to compete in pure IDPA, there are two opportunities a month to shoot that elsewhere. I like doing something different.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was waiting for that question.
    You won't be turned away, but really looking for street attire. You know, Target vs Walmart.
    I dress like a 50-something dude who has been married a long time. This works very well for concealed carry,

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Now's your chance to buy the most obnoxious Hawaiian shirt you can find to replace that "shoot me first" vest. :):
    HEY! Only 3 or 4 of my Hawaiian shirts are obnoxious. The ones with parrots are definitely obnoxious, so 3 at the most. One in particular I quit wearing as a cover shirt because strangers would come up and comment on it. I do still wear it to work occasionally ;)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    HEY! Only 3 or 4 of my Hawaiian shirts are obnoxious. The ones with parrots are definitely obnoxious, so 3 at the most. One in particular I quit wearing as a cover shirt because strangers would come up and comment on it. I do still wear it to work occasionally ;)
    To people in the know a Hawaiian shirt is somewhat of a shoot me vest but most people aren't in the know.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    It's a little difficult to get through the sign up procedure on the website. Email verification and the "I'm not a robot" hoop, but I managed it. I know Parabellum is working on streamlining for future matches but we're stuck with it for this match. Looks like it's going to be fun..

Top Bottom