• ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    October 2, 2013 Indiana, Indianapolis Star

... [Circuit Judge] Evans found that an emergency ordered issued in 2005 by then-DNR Director Kyle Hupfer, which was aimed at stopping hunting on the fenced preserves, constituted “an improper exercise by an executive agency of the authority of the Indiana legislature.” The judge also made permanent a preliminary injunction he had issued that prohibited enforcement of the DNR order ...

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ped-attempt-shut-down-high-fence-deer-hunting

Please call the Governors office and ask that he tall IDNR to appeal this ruling. 317 232 4567

We have 400 deer farmers and less than 10 shooting preserves who favor this ruling. Surely WE can triple that number in sportsmen who are unhappy. Call TODAY!

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I am unsure of my feelings on this... I can see the merit in put-and-take bird hunting, but not so much with deer. Help me to understand folks.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    No. The judge seems to be upholding private property rights. Deer are animals and a harvestable food source. Hunt how you want, let others hunt the way they want.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't think the DNR can win this one. I say allow them but put adequate safeguards policies in place to protect the native deer herd. An inside fence of a minimum height around 25' tall surrounded by an outer fence 25' farther out and also 25' tall. $10,000,000.00 minimum liability insurance to cover the pollution of wild deer with infected fenced in deer should/when they escape. Once those conditions are met, have all the canned hunts you want.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why do you dislike small businesses and the free market? If there's a market for this then let it be. I'll certainly not be contacting anyone to try and get this stopped. Sounds like a good business plan for someone, if hunters are will to pony up for it.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    I don't think the DNR can win this one. I say allow them but put adequate safeguards policies in place to protect the native deer herd. An inside fence of a minimum height around 25' tall surrounded by an outer fence 25' farther out and also 25' tall. $10,000,000.00 minimum liability insurance to cover the pollution of wild deer with infected fenced in deer should/when they escape. Once those conditions are met, have all the canned hunts you want.

AMEN...+1

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    On that count, I have no problem with the "preserve" itself or the right to operate them, nor would I stand in their way. My feeling is borne out of the hunting ethic I grew up with where the chase is as, if not more, important than the kill.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Then hold the deer farmers accountable. Phylodog posted a proposal you gave a +1. What about hoof in mouth disease for politically correct cattle: swine, bovines, sheep, goats?

I believe most understand Phylodog jest!!!! and where does this "hoof in mouth disease" come from???

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How about the CWD...????

Chronic Wasting Disease
    What about it? Does it exist in the wild deer population, too? How do you know that fenced deer have it, other than propaganda from the anti-fenced hunting segment? Seems to me it would be infinitely easier to manage if it did get a foothold in isolated herds on hunting farms. Better to just kill off all those wild deer that are currently spreading it, just to be safe.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    On that count, I have no problem with the "preserve" itself or the right to operate them, nor would I stand in their way. My feeling is borne out of the hunting ethic I grew up with where the chase is as, if not more, important than the kill.

Some people may never have been exposed to hunting anything but a big mac growing up and now want to try it. This is an easy way to get into hunting. If they truly like it the chances are good that they will develop this newly acquired interest.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some people may never have been exposed to hunting anything but a big mac growing up and now want to try it. This is an easy way to get into hunting. If they truly like it the chances are good that they will develop this newly acquired interest.

It's also a good way for the aged and infirm to hunt. And a good way for some people to bag exotic species that aren't available in the wild. Lots of these places in Texas and other states. Shoot, Mayor Al (an INGO member) is going to one to get a buffalo this winter. Beats paying retail for the meat itself.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would not hunt in high fence enclosure but who am I to tell others not to.

Where I grew up in New York State an Army base high fenced off a very large track of land long ago in the 1950's I believe. They now have a high population of white deer not albino but white and pie bald. The genetics happened to be inside the fence to make it happen. I might pay for something like that. When I was little every hunter I met wanted to hunt the white deer.

Seneca White Deer, Inc. | World's largest herd of all-white, white-tailed deer (Seneca Army Depot, NY)

Top Bottom