• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    It doesn't mean anything, cause IC is not printed there to prove or disprove.
    You could say, go read IC, pay attention to 35-47.
    Easier to point to ISP site.
    Your License To Carry Pistol would say the same thing. Whether the state was OC or CC or either (like us). It is a license. The license doesn't state any qualifications on it.
    Does your Automobile License ID happen to state any of the rules on it. No.
    They expect you to find them out yourself, and go to a place more suitable that a little square.
    By knowing.
    1) ISP website
    2) FAQ
    3) Answer #14.

You have just shown them authority enough to prove your point easier than.
    Read IC.

well actually...for some of us it kind of does...for example mine states on the back that i must wear glasses or contacts in order to operate a motor vehicle. so in a way it does state SOME rules just not all.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    well actually...for some of us it kind of does...for example mine states on the back that i must wear glasses or contacts in order to operate a motor vehicle. so in a way it does state SOME rules just not all.

Those aren't rules.
    They are conditions.
    Conditions are different for different Automobile Operators.
    But it doesn't say "Obey the Posted Speed Limit".
    It doesn't say "Do not pass on a double yellow line, or where posted".
    etc.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Those aren't rules.
    They are conditions.
    Conditions are different for different Automobile Operators.
    But it doesn't say "Obey the Posted Speed Limit".
    It doesn't say "Do not pass on a double yellow line, or where posted".
    etc.

like i have been saying.. speed limit signs are only suggestions. same with stop signs, lights, school zones, etc. :rolleyes:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    My question is, what was the Johnson County deputy doing working PT in Marion County? Do they not have the same rules as Marion County/IMPD?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    haha your kidding right?? how many times have you been able to change the mind of a LEO whom was telling you that you were in the wrong?? it is not worth my time to argue/discuss/debate with someone that has a closed mind on the issue.. ill get right on it and see what i can do to change it, considering that im a nobody and he was the HNIC

I know what the last acronym in your post means, as do lots of other folks. You know that such language will earn you a ban on here. One more slip up like that and you will not be welcome on INGO anymore. I understand this is an emotional issue for you, but come on.....

my apologies for such a comment. getting caught up in and had a lapse in judgement. not again VU!:(

...And the problem is... :scratch:?
    Is their another way to read those last few words and the abbreviation as something besides:

"...he was the Harassing Nagger :tantrum: Insisting (I) Conceal." :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

;)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Personally i probably would have been an a** and Would have produced my LTCH and Proceeded to read it to the officer. If he still doesn't understand try speaking slowly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That ISP FAQ holds zero authority. It is an informally written opinion.

Well ATM, you do have me there.
    But I can't point to IC 35-47-???? because no where does it state OC or CC.
    Maybe, he can call ISP for clarification.
    Maybe, eventually, there will be so much problems, that every police dept. will start to train their officers on this subject.

I won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Maybe, eventually, there will be so much problems, that every police dept. will start to train their officers on this subject.

The reason so little training time is spent on this topic is because it comes up so infrequently. It just seems like a huge issue because this is a gun forum. I'm not absolving officers from knowing these things, I'm just saying that I wouldn't bank on it becoming a hot topic training issue for departments.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just memorize this speech:
    "IC 35-47-2-1(a) [...] a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun." It used to say, "...without a license issued being in the person's possession." but that part was removed by the General Assembly in 2011. Didn't you get the memo, officer? Nothing about mode of carry whatsoever.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

This works both ways because not one LEO can cite anywhere in IC either when they make the claim that you cannot OC.

That's why when you produce an LTCH and ask him if he can point out anywhere that specifies mode of carry it will serve a purpose by putting the ball back in his court.

Since he is the one trying to enforce his position it is up to him to back it up.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok, forgive me. I'm coming into this post late. It built up quickly before I noticed it. But, I have noticed several posts I have concerns over and must address them individually.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I had a run-in with a reserve deputy once, and went straight to the Chief Deputy in my county. He was glad that I brought the situation to his attention and he and the Sheriff handled the situation promptly. I say go to the Sheriff, and leave it in his hands. You may get nowhere, but you also may bring something to his attention that he wasn't aware of.
    :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom