• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Hey, it's just Corporate America following the lead of the Gov't, right??? With the ever-growing police state here in America, why shouldn't Corporate America get in on the party and poke their nose in the private affairs of the lowly commoners as well? <Implied Purple>

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was management at Westinghouse, I was forced to attend classes on interviewing applicants. A manager cannot legally demand to know a persons religion. You cannot ask about fraternal organizations. You cannot ask about who (or what) shares their residence other than the number of dependents for insurance purposes. You cannot ask about political party affiliations. It has been 20 years since those classes, but there was a long list of things that were forbidden for an interviewer. It was for the most part limited to education, work history, and salary desired.

I do not twitter, facebook, mylife or any of the rest of that stuff. If it is illegal to ask an applicant if he is an USA hating member of a taliban terror cell, how could demanding facebook access be legal?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Hey, it's just Corporate America following the lead of the Gov't, right??? With the ever-growing police state here in America, why shouldn't Corporate America get in on the party and poke their nose in the private affairs of the lowly commoners as well? <Implied Purple>
    I guess that wouldn't leave much room to complain.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    UPDATE!!!

Starting this Monday, I will re-join the ranks of the employed! Whoo-Hoo!!! It's been a LONG year and a half, but things are looking up. Praise God!

I didn't have to submit all my personal/private information to get interviewed for this job too. There ARE still a few good employers out there, huh?

Oh yeah, to celebrate, I'm treating myself to a round of golf today with a couple of good friends.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    UPDATE!!!

Starting this Monday, I will re-join the ranks of the employed! Whoo-Hoo!!! It's been a LONG year and a half, but things are looking up. Praise God!

I didn't have to submit all my personal/private information to get interviewed for this job too. There ARE still a few good employers out there, huh?

Oh yeah, to celebrate, I'm treating myself to a round of golf today with a couple of good friends.

Congratulations!

Details?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks for the congrats all!

Details: I'll be working in the Sales Dept for a very large temp agency seeking contracts with employers who need temp workers. I have a very good friend who I worked with for about 10 years tell me it was an awesome place to work.

Aerotek, by chance? I believe that's who we use. If so, maybe we'll see you back in Bedford soon.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Congratulations!

Thanks GG! I start this morning! Whoo-Hoo!!! :rockwoot:

As it relates to this thread, they are going to run a background check, etc, but they are doing it the correct way. They have interviewed me and actually offered me the job. They will be getting the required information from me in person. With that, I have no problem.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Thanks GG! I start this morning! Whoo-Hoo!!! :rockwoot:

As it relates to this thread, they are going to run a background check, etc, but they are doing it the correct way. They have interviewed me and actually offered me the job. They will be getting the required information from me in person. With that, I have no problem.
    It is about time you got off your lazy butt and did something.:D

Congrats buddy

Top Bottom