• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I will let you know how the Jimenez does, I picked up a 380 last week just to test the firearm myself.
    I did have to mod the weapon by smoothing some areas out and clean up the fit and finish (or lack of). So just based on that I would not recommend Jimenez to anyone, but I still want to check how it fires or doesn't.

The good thing is I am taking my other handguns to range.

Don't know much about the other two, but the Bersa looks like a solid firearm.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    After my range day today I would say don't even waste your time with looking at a Jimenez firearm, it is an unfinished firearm to say the least.

vandaliarndhse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    hendricks county
    i wouldn't want to bet my life on a phoenix or a jimenez. you might think about putting your money on one caliber at a time. for $650.00 you have a lot of options for a quality handgun.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa's name, should not even be mentioned with the other two.
    Bersa's are execellent guns - period.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had a Bersa Thunder 380 and it was reliable and very accurate for its size. I kick myself for getting rid of it. The only drawback was the .380 caliber but in retrospect it is ssufficent for the Bersa's size. I fondled a Bersa Thunder 9 adn about bought it, seemed well built and reminded a bit of a Beretta. I used to work at a pawnshop and we ordered 10 phoneix .22 pistols and 4 of those came back to us with major problems. I would stick with a Bersa out of the brands listed.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Just to update everyone. I did end up buying the Bersa Thunder .380 and love it. Thanks to all the tips I nixed the Phoenix, Hi Point and Jimenez. Thanks for the tips. It was extremely helpful.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the Bersa Zimm. Between my son and I, we have 5 in the house and love every one of them. In addition to a 380 Duo Tone and 380CC, we have 2 9s and a 45. If you are looking to move up in caliber, take a look at the others in the Bersa line. As good as the 380s are, the larger framed pistols are even better. Bersa is a good company that relies on word of mouth to sell guns. If they make crap, they wouldn't sell much. I wish more companies depended on building a quality product for sales instead of snazzy advertizing.

willkirkman88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    i cant speak for the bersa or the pheonix. but i had a jemenez 380, it was a serious piece of crap!
    they have a 6 round clip and you MIGHT get 3 of them off before it started jaming up. it has a serious problem with chambering a round. honestly if your going to buy all 3, dont. look at sprinfield XD's you can get one for around 600 brand new and the come with all kinds of goodies not to mention a warrenty

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I also bought a S&W Sigma 9mm. I love it too. I wanted the M & P but that will wait for next on the list. I think I did ok. I bought the Bersa for $250 and the Sigma for $345 and the dealer threw in two holsters and a box of .380 hollow points plus there was a $50 cash rebate on the Sigma. I was satisfied.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I also bought a S&W Sigma 9mm. I love it too. I wanted the M & P but that will wait for next on the list. I think I did ok. I bought the Bersa for $250 and the Sigma for $345 and the dealer threw in two holsters and a box of .380 hollow points plus there was a $50 cash rebate on the Sigma. I was satisfied.

Two very serviceable guns, you should be pleased. Read the rebate slip carefully, it may be for $50 OR two magazines... at $40 a pop, the magazines are the better deal unless you really need the cash. Nice of him to throw in the holsters and ammo, even assuming they were cheapo holsters he gave you about another $50 on the deal. Where did you buy?

Top Bottom