• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    do you share JV's stated opinion that they need to "lose a few"?

Because I don't agree with Kyle's actions, I must support Ventura's?

Because I don't believe the proper way to combat douchebaggery is to become a douchebag yourself means that I think SEALs should die? Was this guy's pride and ego worth his life? Because he nearly lost it.
    Y! SPORTS

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

having not completed BUD/S myself, I don't think I can comment on the type of pride the SEAL community should or should not feel. I do know the SEAL community is a small community, and don't think it's fair for any of us to judge such actions unless we've earned a trident. I don't tell other families how to solve their problems. The general public shouldn't tell the SEAL's how to solve theirs.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I see a difference between standing up at a military funeral and trashing your country, leaders, and expressing a desire to "lose a few" of your friends vs. an opposing teams hat.

:twocents:

And I've not once defended Ventura's actions but you keep trying to read that into what I've said here. I don't have an emotional attachment to either party. From the outside looking in, I see two douchebags for the actions in the matter.

In the case of the yankee hat guy, what did he hope to accomplish by going up to the guys who were taunting him and threw a beer at him? Was he going to be a "real man" and beat their asses? Must every injustice be solved with fists?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    some would rather sue

Did you see me advocating that either?

The right is getting just as ridiculous with "hate America" card as the left is with the "race" card. Dare to disagree with Kyle's actions and you want all SEAL's to die. :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought that was just more .gov control of free speech? You know, if we don't like somebody saying they are a MoH recipent we can solve the problem by not exchanging in goods and services

I don't advocate punching someone for speaking and I certainly don't advocate arresting someone for speaking. Those are conservative positions.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I don't advocate punching someone for speaking and I certainly don't advocate arresting someone for speaking. Those are conservative positions.

NO! they're not. Libs are the ones that do everything they can to suppress others that espouse the opposite of their position. That is where the PC BullCrap comes from and you know it. JV wasn't punched for speaking, he was punched for intentionally being a grade A ass.

Sometimes an A$$-hat deserves a pop in the mouth. I have not been a SEAL, but my cousin and best friend was. And though I don't know what it is to have been one and seen the crap that they have, I have seen a small glimpse of what they are and they have my complete and undying respect. These are MEN. They are hard nosed, principled, disciplined and highly pro-American WARRIORS that aren't disillusioned by their government and they rarely trust those in power. They see things from a perspective that you and I never will.

CK was a SEAL, as were most of those attending. JV was too. He knew what those men were and their attitudes. They knew who he was too. He knew what he was doing and he knew what the outcome would likely be. Yet he just couldn't keep his mouth shut out of respect. A complete ASSHAT. Far beyond your common, garden variety, Michael Moore type douchebag. Had he not been who and what he was, they likely would have picked him up and walked him to the door. Had he been out on the street, they likely would not have paid him any mind. But he strode uninvited in to their room and started his yappig. He was asked to leave. He did not. He kept it up, knowing what was coming and took a shot for it.

CK didn't "run away". He turned and left after he put JV on the floor. This is how a man says "I'm done with you" after dropping an ASS. JV got what he deserved and deserved what he got. No need to involve the cops or make dip-shiite attorneys rich. They have better things to do. If he was still the man that I assume he was when he served, I doubt that he would be in court. He would have accepted his due like a man and that would have been the end of it. But . . . now he has to take CK's wife to court like a baby. Over the last few years I had lost most of the respect that I once had for JV. Now I have none.

Jesse Ventura desperately needs to just fade away, keep his yap shut and enjoy retirement. Maybe he can write a book about his life since being elected Governor and see if anybody will buy it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    And I've not once defended Ventura's actions but you keep trying to read that into what I've said here. I don't have an emotional attachment to either party. From the outside looking in, I see two douchebags for the actions in the matter.

In the case of the yankee hat guy, what did he hope to accomplish by going up to the guys who were taunting him and threw a beer at him? Was he going to be a "real man" and beat their asses? Must every injustice be solved with fists?

Why do you think or ask if the hat guy was going to beat their asses....? Would it be wrong for him to ask them to knock it off.....because no where did it say he started a fight or threw a punch at them, ONE of them punched him.....Must every injustice be solved with fists? You seem the type of guy that would blame a woman for being raped....unless everyone was blaming her....then you probably would blame the attacker. Or perhaps you try and figure out which person is most likey a Conservative and vote against that guy.......there seems to be no happinines in your world......:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why do you think or ask if the hat guy was going to beat their asses....? Would it be wrong for him to ask them to knock it off.....because no where did it say he started a fight or threw a punch at them, ONE of them punched him.....Must every injustice be solved with fists? You seem the type of guy that would blame a woman for being raped....unless everyone was blaming her....then you probably would blame the attacker. Or perhaps you try and figure out which person is most likey a Conservative and vote against that guy.......there seems to be no happinines in your world......:dunno:

By the fifth or sixth inning of the matchup with the Washington Nationals, the couple had endured about an hour of heckling, mostly about Fortese's hat, from two men sitting a section above them, said Queen, 21. Then one of the men threw a beer that hit the couple, according to police, and when Fortese approached the men and began arguing with them, one punched him in the head.
    The blow sent Fortese over a railing and onto the concrete about five feet below.

What would possibly make you think a productive conversation could take place with 2 people after they've been heckling you for an hour and then throw their beer on you?

For the countless times I've read here from posters who would go straight to guns if someone were to punch them just once because one punch can kill, why would anyone not avoid a confrontation if at all possible?

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    What would possibly make you think a productive conversation could take place with 2 people after they've been heckling you for an hour and then throw their beer on you?

For the countless times I've read here from posters who would go straight to guns if someone were to punch them just once because one punch can kill, why would anyone not avoid a confrontation if at all possible?

I can't think of any regular on this board that would "go straight to guns" in a similar situation. Most would avoid the situation and have security handle it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can't think of any regular on this board that would "go straight to guns" in a similar situation. Most would avoid the situation and have security handle it.

There were a couple that said that in the Zimmerman thread just the other day.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    It all depends on where you draw the line. If you are proud of your country and some douchbag pushes REPEATEDLY knowing full well what could happen....screw him. We are not talking about a damn game here. We're talking about a profession where men die, sometimes right in front of you. Somebody tells me more of my friends should die, after I just buried one, and it would probably happen again.

Bob

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It all depends on where you draw the line. If you are proud of your country and some douchbag pushes REPEATEDLY knowing full well what could happen....screw him. We are not talking about a damn game here. We're talking about a profession where men die, sometimes right in front of you. Somebody tells me more of my friends should die, after I just buried one, and it would probably happen again.

Bob

As a former servicemember and governor, I think JV has earned the right to spout off his POV. It's one thing if it was some long-haired barista calling soldiers "baby killers," who has never served a day, quite another given ventura's background.

For CK to punch JV, for offensive speech or not, makes me wonder if he actually understood why he was killing all those people overseas.

Top Bottom