• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Interesting how we've narrowed the possible option to slamming her face into a wall or tasering her. Of course, I'm not a highly trained police officer just trying to get home safe every night, but to a layman like me, it appears that there might have been more than those two options.

For instance, in another video I saw another possibility: She could have been grabbed by the pants from behind, dragged backwards, and then her legs kicked out from under her.

So now we have at least three options.

I have another one, but again, I'm just a layman. How about walking up to her, grab her with those big gorilla hands, tell her to put her hands on the wall, then handcuff her? I know, since I don't know anything about police work, that's probably a really stupid option.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Seems to be quite a bit of cop haters out there. I think that there would have been better ways to handle that situation, but he made a split second decision and now we have hours to pick it apart.
    If it truly was outside a troubled kids school, then its possible that the place has a reputation for violent response to authority.
    It is also entirely possible that he expected the girl to bolt at the last second, and he tripped, stumbled what ever. (I suppose nobody here is guilty of tripping on their own two feet).
    It was a bad call, but the girl wasnt bleeding that I saw, kinda looked as if she was being less than co-operative with the handcuffs too.

I guess the next time someone trips at work, or makes a bag judgment call, we should fire them, tar and feather them, and then make sure that their careers are ruined for life.

maybe some are "cop haters" but I think more of us just hate dirty cops like that one.

did she just kill someone? did she rob a bank with a gun? was her walking away an immediate threat to the general public?

I cant think of any reason why he would do this. i guess she didnt respect mr sensitives authoritayyyyyyy! if your a cop and you tell me to stop and I keep walking away, that still doesnt give you the right to damage my brain pan.

when I see police action like this, I always pray to just see a mob of people overrun the dirty cop and give him some street justice. i never get lucky enough to see it, but i still hold out hope. cops like this are a disgrace to true professionals

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Seems to be quite a bit of cop haters out there. I think that there would have been better ways to handle that situation, but he made a split second decision and now we have hours to pick it apart.
    If it truly was outside a troubled kids school, then its possible that the place has a reputation for violent response to authority.
    It is also entirely possible that he expected the girl to bolt at the last second, and he tripped, stumbled what ever. (I suppose nobody here is guilty of tripping on their own two feet).
    It was a bad call, but the girl wasnt bleeding that I saw, kinda looked as if she was being less than co-operative with the handcuffs too.

I guess the next time someone trips at work, or makes a bag judgment call, we should fire them, tar and feather them, and then make sure that their careers are ruined for life.
    im guessing your a cop or a kid. or you didnt see the same video everybody else did.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Whatever, serpico, the cop obviously accidentally tripped and his hands went out like that to catch his balance.

I guess you've never lost your balance, Mr. Perfect...
    i hope i never lose my balance like that and throw a wwe bodyblock on a 15 year old girl. i bet if that was anybody but a cop that did that felony charges would have soon followed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In the first frame, the guy is thrusting his paws towards his prey in a very aggressive manner. The only tripping that can be seen is when he was tripping over her limp body. Its hard to stop quickly when you are doing a full sprint toward a girl walking.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have another one, but again, I'm just a layman. How about walking up to her, grab her with those big gorilla hands, tell her to put her hands on the wall, then handcuff her? I know, since I don't know anything about police work, that's probably a really stupid option.
    It's not stupid...but it lacks imagination.

BTW...I didn't see the need to take her to the ground in the manner in which he did, either.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Whatever, serpico, the cop obviously accidentally tripped and his hands went out like that to catch his balance.

he tripped alright he stepped on his johnson. its payday for that girl if she persues it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of the cop shows back in the day, had a guy that would throw his nightstick at their legs and trip them. That's what this guy should have done :D

Good thing he wasn't in his car still when he saw her. He may have damaged the building wall when he hit her with the patrol car.

I always thought they trained to only escalate force as needed. Seems like he started pretty high up on the list without knowing if it was necessary.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When I see these types of events unfold the media reports about the abuse of steroids in the enforcement community immediately pop into my head.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Put your glasses on and watch the video again. He lost his balance after he annihilated her. He almost fell over her as she went down. He's a real tough guy. Sorry excuse for a LEO. He gives good LEO's a bad name.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Some are quick to blame the daughter but we have no idea what precipitated the fight or who initiated it. For all we know, the mother started it because the daughter wouldn't deal drugs or turn tricks for her.

Granted there are always exceptions, but if you want to know the character of a person, watch their kids.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Put your glasses on and watch the video again. He lost his balance after he annihilated her. He almost fell over her as she went down. He's a real tough guy. Sorry excuse for a LEO. He gives good LEO's a bad name.

Head on down to radio shack and buy a new sarcasm detector. Yours be broke.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's not stupid...but it lacks imagination.

BTW...I didn't see the need to take her to the ground in the manner in which he did, either.

As much as a appreciate you saying that, and I do, truly, I'd be interested if you'd say more.

If you were another cop watching this, would you at a least ask him WTF later? How does this work in real life? Is it bad form to bring it up to him?

To use your words and again, please don't feel attacked, but your words were, "I didn't see the need." That's pretty benign. To me it's like, "Why did you do that and the reason better be really, really good and something we can't see on the video or you are the wrong kind of guy to be out amongst the citizens with that kind of power."

I'd really appreciate hearing more about this kind of thing from the inside.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    As much as a appreciate you saying that, and I do, truly, I'd be interested if you'd say more.

If you were another cop watching this, would you at a least ask him WTF later? How does this work in real life? Is it bad form to bring it up to him?

To use your words and again, please don't feel attacked, but your words were, "I didn't see the need." That's pretty benign. To me it's like, "Why did you do that and the reason better be really, really good and something we can't see on the video or you are the wrong kind of guy to be out amongst the citizens with that kind of power."

I'd really appreciate hearing more about this kind of thing from the inside.
    Being a supervisor...yes...the conversation would have began with "WTF were you thinking? Are you ****ing stupid?"

Unless provided with a damn good explanation as to why the person was taken to the ground in this manner, the incident would have been turned over to IA. I've done it before and I'd do it again. I'm not going to jail for anyone...and I'm not going to be forced to live under a bridge because someone else now owns my house.

I don't have a problem with putting people on the ground...but there are far better ways of doing it. Their age and sex rarely has anything to do with it (use common sense...I'm not talking about a 10 year old or an 80 year old). But I will add...some of those ways wouldn't look good on video. But I assure you...they are not as violent as how I perceived this video and are much less likely to result in injury. And they are exactly how I was instructed...and very effective.

Now...obviously, had this individual been armed with something that could have been a weapon...whole different ball game. I might add, that of all people...Rambone gave this guy a defense. And unfortunately...it would probably save his ass.

Look at frame one. What do you see?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I might add, that of all people...Rambone gave this guy a defense. And unfortunately...it would probably save his ass.

Look at frame one. What do you see?

las_vegas_2007.1193555700.lion-attackx.jpg

Top Bottom