Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Picked up my first hand gun.

LdBUp.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Once again, I COULD NOT FIND THE INGO BOOTH! Getting frustrating. I must just be stupid. Some people I know seem to support that theory. Anyway, after doing my livestock impression for most of the day, I picked up a P64 Radom 9x18 Mak for $200. It is in really fantastic condition and I can't wait to get her to the range. I was very disappointed. It was so crowded that looking at what was available was always difficult and sometimes nearly impossible. The prices I saw were a bit high, particularly on the used guns. Oh well, better luck next time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Once again, I COULD NOT FIND THE INGO BOOTH!

The tricks to finding the booth are A) look UP (instead of down at the tables) and see the big black INGO banner, or B) ask about its location at Site Advertiser tables. :yesway:

I'm sure we'll see you next time. :ingo:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I only had an hour and half free this weekend so I went on Friday around 3pm. Had to wait in line 30 minutes to get it and it was already crowded. I hit the INGO booth first and said hi to Que and Lovemywoods. I picked up the new Team INGO shirt and it was only after I was home that I realized I'd forgotten to grab the mug I wanted! Other than that, I got tired of fighting the crowds and didn't get much of anything. I tried to to make it to Bradsknives and Knife Lady's booth but both times the aisle was solidly packed.

Sorry we missed you this time maybe next time.

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Stopped by the INGO booth to pay my dues and pick up some stickers. Also, sold my G19/23 shoulder holster and bought an MA Tech buis for the AR build.

Didn't find a good enough deal on an upper to justify buying one at the show. Thought I had a deal reached on a Daniel Defense midlength upper, but the tag was marked incorrectly (it said complete with bolt, the guys said otherwise). Oh well, I will probably just order one from PSA to round out the build with all PSA purchases.

Of course the crowd sucked, but I didn't smell as many smelly people as I have in the past. +1 for INGO members and other patrons for showering before the show.

pipman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    SW Indy
    Looked at many items there, specifically a M&P 15-22 for the wife. Found two of them about three booths apart with $100 difference between the two, same model too! We got frustrated with the crowds that caused us to just stand heel to toe in between booths. Ended up grabbing some INGO swag and headed home.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Freaking cold BTW in the opening line.

Got that right. The 4 of us got there right around noon. We were actually able to snag a recently vacated parking slip almost right up against the access / frontage road off of 38th St. Car thermometer read 25degs. Standing out in that for almost 30 mins wasn't all that fun. Glad I actually wore a coat. Sucked to carry around all day, but worth it.

Waiting in line to get in I got a Walther P22 from the guy in front of me. It had the case, tools 2 mags, and a fobus paddle holster and I got the whole thing for $200. That is one of the better deals I have found there.

Also got a new set of black and silver checkered combat grips for my j-frame.

Great deal on the P22! I hope it's not a jam-o-matic!

And pics of the grips!! And a range-report on how they help with felt recoil!

I saw a kid that had an sks. Wanted $600 for it. I didn't have enough cash on me!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe it was Albanian... :n00b:

I got a Rem. 1100 for $383 (!)

Score! Is the gun fully intact internally? :D

I was really shocked to see ATF back.:n00b:

Saw their booth there, too. Made me wonder how many other employees they had milling about and looking at stuff...

I don't know how I feel about it, but MAYBE, just maybe, their presence would give an aire of legitimacy in the eyes of so many who are against the whole thing in the first place?

I needed something smaller and the smaller one's are more that the larger in most cases. I'll get one as we approach the deer season. Who knows, I might transition from a watcher into a real hunter and need something for skinning. :D

Dude, you TOLD ME that you were going to use that knife as a skinner!

Picked up my first hand gun.

LdBUp.jpg

You could certainly have done worse, that's for sure.

another knife got a FREE ride without my permission. :(

That is so not cool... :xmad:

-J-

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    Picked up some CR123 batteries, a Benchmade 551 Griptilian, and a Remington 870 shotgun. Didn't see any great deals on what I was really looking for, the place was way to crowded and I was pressed for time so had to quickly scan the tables. Can't complain since I haven't been to a 1500 in a while so I at least made it out there. I also missed the INGO booth for some stickers and gear. Next time.

picture.php

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Been lookin for this rarer Russian/ Afghan era mustard yellow sling for a looong time, doesn't look so yellow on here though???
    Cherry on the sunday!:rockwoot:
    Wasn't from a vendor found one on a fellows Izzy74 offered him a trade and took it!!
    IMAG0184.jpg

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The tricks to finding the booth are A) look UP (instead of down at the tables) and see the big black INGO banner, or B) ask about its location at Site Advertiser tables. :yesway:

I'm sure we'll see you next time. :ingo:
    I've never had a real problem finding the INGO booth, but I have noticed that a few always seem to say that they can't find it. Black may be the official color of INGO, but perhaps the powers that be should consider having a banner printed in hunter orange for those with poor vision or aren't wearing their glasses! And I saw lot's of nice blades at Knife Lady's table but with my already meager budget did not even ask to see if she had and Unemployed discount! And BTW thanks Que! We'll get together when it get a little warmer and I don't have to run my garage furnace to get you taken care of!

Top Bottom