Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 1-13-14 & 15 Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    just got back a few hrs ago. got there at about 10 no line. Walked straight in. Didt see many real bargins, bout some ammo, an extended mag for the wife's glock and a spare mag for the S&W MP15-22

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Drove a 100 miles to go there and line was all the way around the building. I thought the inside would be just as bad, (crowded) my friend asked are we going to stand in that line? I said hell no and he said I was hoping you would say that.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I got in line at about 1:36 and walked inside around 2:01. Very crowded inside. Didnt really get a chance to walk around much due to the masses. I'm pretty upset I couldnt look for the two guns I was looking for (compact XDm 9mm and Sig 2022). I did get a chance to visit brads knife and I got me a cheap folder. Also meet meet some guys at the INGO booth but I was afraid to buy a hat cause my wife was upset about how much I was planning to spend. Overall not a bad time. I'll definitely go earlier in the future.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Got there about 8:10, and stood in line for about 5 minutes. Got inside and enjoyed pretty easy going until about 11. Place got some freaking crowded in the main room towards the right side I finally skipped a bunch of it and went to the small room on the right side. Looked around some more and left cause it was lunch time and Papa was calling my name ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got there around 2:30 and left around 5:30. The line was halfway around the building but moved fast. It was a madhouse inside and we only looked at about a third of the tables in the main room at first due to crowds and blocked aisles. We went to the side rooms and they were much better. At about 4, we hit the main room again and the crowd was down enough to look at everything. It was the most crowded I've seen and they really need to get a bigger site for it.

I ended up with a new set of 6.5x55 dies, a pound of Accurate #7, 500 9mm 125g, 500 .45 230g and a pound of malted milk balls. Not a bad show, but the crowds were tough at first.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Drove a 100 miles to go there and line was all the way around the building. I thought the inside would be just as bad, (crowded) my friend asked are we going to stand in that line? I said hell no and he said I was hoping you would say that.

The line was actually "all the way around the building?" When I got there, the line started at the main entry on the east side. It wrapped around the southeast corner, then pretty far back around the south wall of the building. Hardly "all the way around." By the way, the line actually went pretty quick. I was going to time it and figured if I only moved a few spots up every 20 mins., I would leave.

I'm glad I stayed with it. I had a few handguns I wanted to sell. A guy exiting asked what I had but wasn't interested. He said that it was busy inside and that I shouldn't have any problems selling them inside. Thankfully I was able to sell them.

Now I walked in and man, I was immediately approached by two people looking to buy. The first guy tried to low ball my already low and fair prices. He knew that and was about ready to buy when I hit him with the "you have Indiana ID right?" His wallet was open and I saw it wasn't an IN license or ID card. He said he was from Ohio and I think he said he had a Utah license (odd that he doesn't have Ohio since they now offer a carry license). I told him he couldn't buy private party and he said he would get his son who was from Indiana. I told him no, I'm not dealing with him or anyone who represents him. Another guy came up and was interested and he had IN resident ID and LTCH and didn't matter if I wrote his personal info down.

Now given that the ATF had a booth (though in the opposite corner of the entry), why do folks even take the risk? Maybe the Ohio guy was an undercover ATF agent, I don't know. If that is a common occurrence there, I'm really surprised folks haven't been arrested for out-of-state resident purchases. Does anyone know if someone has been arrested at a show for this?

Top Bottom