Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 1-13-14 & 15 Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    If someone had a ''coat check'' there today, they could make enough money for all kinds of things. I know it would be a big hassle, but the demand would be high.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    another 1500

Changed strategy, Looks like dad and I are going today.
    Since this is my 1,000 quality post i will ramble here a little bit,

Im takin an INGO break with my morning coffee while observing the latest application of urethane on my beautiful,crosscut, 1955 bedroom doors topped off with Nickle knobs and hinges:D ahhhh looks beautiful;)

Indy takes another sip of joe,

Looks like I have a few more hours until I need to get my tote cart and backpack to prepare for another 1500. I don't have much money to spend today but it doesn't distract me from wanting to go to another show at the fairgrounds. Ive been going to the 1500 since 1980's I remember seeing only the backs of stinky passerby and the plethora of surplus that I heavily desired.
    My first 1500 I was probably 7 or so I left with a long link of spent 308, practice grenades, a fake crystal and a REAL red Barret!! maaan I though I was comparable to Rambo for sure.
    The scenery today hasn't changed at all, the chemist guy with all the test tubes and glass is still there, the stink is still there, the rotten over priced food is still there, the occasional discharge doesn't surprise me as much anymore and the smell and talk of GUNS lingers in the air so thick, I swear could be cut with an ax.
    Talks of accurate and inaccurate rifle information pass between customers and vendors like some competitive tennis match, you hear things like,, I heard their banning those Russian Shotguns, or You aint gonna find it cheaper anywhere else I promise you that...
    Its all entertaining to me, I enjoy haggling the ammo guys, Inspecting future purchases or walk by the INGO table to introduce my self and get a few more decals.
    Its nice to see that the tables to space/aisle ratio has been improved, I do notice the amount of NON firearms related vendors recently, I think the more vendors the better but the kinds of vendors need to be considered.
    I would like to see more AK oriented vendors there, not the occasional vendor that has a few mags and furniture he swears is worth more than it actually is.
    What allot of these vendors don't realize that folks these days come highly educated we know current prices and trends like we know family members, if we don't it gets Googled.

Today there will be deals to be had deals to be left alone. Friends to see, Rifles to hold and stink to smell. As long as we have the ability and freedom to congregate in this context of firearms i will be much appreciative and eager to go to another 1500.:patriot::ar15::rockwoot::chuck::spend:

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Changed strategy, Looks like dad and I are going today.
    Since this is my 1,000 quality post i will ramble here a little bit,

Im takin an INGO break with my morning coffee while observing the latest application of urethane on my beautiful,crosscut, 1955 bedroom doors topped off with Nickle knobs and hinges:D ahhhh looks beautiful;)

Indy takes another sip of joe,

Looks like I have a few more hours until I need to get my tote cart and backpack to prepare for another 1500. I don't have much money to spend today but it doesn't distract me from wanting to go to another show at the fairgrounds. Ive been going to the 1500 since 1980's I remember seeing only the backs of stinky passerby and the plethora of surplus that I heavily desired.
    My first 1500 I was probably 7 or so I left with a long link of spent 308, practice grenades, a fake crystal and a REAL red Barret!! maaan I though I was comparable to Rambo for sure.
    The scenery today hasn't changed at all, the chemist guy with all the test tubes and glass is still there, the stink is still there, the rotten over priced food is still there, the occasional discharge doesn't surprise me as much anymore and the smell and talk of GUNS lingers in the air so thick, I swear could be cut with an ax.
    Talks of accurate and inaccurate rifle information pass between customers and vendors like some competitive tennis match, you hear things like,, I heard their banning those Russian Shotguns, or You aint gonna find it cheaper anywhere else I promise you that...
    Its all entertaining to me, I enjoy haggling the ammo guys, Inspecting future purchases or walk by the INGO table to introduce my self and get a few more decals.
    Its nice to see that the tables to space/aisle ratio has been improved, I do notice the amount of NON firearms related vendors recently, I think the more vendors the better but the kinds of vendors need to be considered.
    I would like to see more AK oriented vendors there, not the occasional vendor that has a few mags and furniture he swears is worth more than it actually is.
    What allot of these vendors don't realize that folks these days come highly educated we know current prices and trends like we know family members, if we don't it gets Googled.

Today there will be deals to be had deals to be left alone. Friends to see, Rifles to hold and stink to smell. As long as we have the ability and freedom to congregate in this context of firearms i will be much appreciative and eager to go to another 1500.:patriot::ar15::rockwoot::chuck::spend:

Well put!!! :rockwoot:

I am with you on going to the show. I realize I may not find anything this time, but it certainly gets me thinking about what I want, what I don't want, how much $ to save up etc. And I am around something I enjoy talking about with others who have the same interests.

Yeah there are a lot of strange people there, but that's ok! They have as much of a right to be there as I do! Thanks to all who have served to protect that right!!

See you there Indyk!

:twocents:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Was planning on going on Friday afternoon. That is until I strained my back, lifting and moving a toilet, so we could install new vinyl flooring in our bathroom. Maybe if I'm better, I will make it on Saturday.

Last edited:

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Well, it looks like the guy that we were supposed to be splitting fuel with is backing out and I dont think we can currently afford to pay the fuel bill alone, plus parking and entry. So my question is, theres another show in March, will it be just as good? Or is one show better than the rest for whatever reason? By March ill have my tax money and itll be easier to talk the wife into some purchases:D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm thinking of making the drive tomorrow but the question is is it worth the close to 2hr drive? The drive is the only thing that has kept me from coming over the years.

Just depends what you want out of it. If you're looking for something specific, maybe. If you just want to shop at a ton of different gun stores from across the state in one location, maybe. Or if you just want to look around. If you expect to find guns at 50% off or ammo super super cheap, then you'd probably be disappointed.

Well, it looks like the guy that we were supposed to be splitting fuel with is backing out and I dont think we can currently afford to pay the fuel bill alone, plus parking and entry. So my question is, theres another show in March, will it be just as good? Or is one show better than the rest for whatever reason? By March ill have my tax money and itll be easier to talk the wife into some purchases:D

That show is usually a tad smaller. I think the first and last show of the year are a lot bigger and the two middle shows are smaller in size.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I was at the show today and met Que and Lovemywoods at the booth. Ran into a friend from Pa. and generally had a very enjoyable afternoon.
    My personal opinion while I love the 1500 all the good stuff is overpriced.

:twocents:

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I will be there Sat......I noticed the last time...a lot more women were there, so hopefully it will be the same again. :shady:

I will have my INGO velcro patch on the back, if you see me say hello.

:patriot::ar15:

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    just got in, 2:15 only waited in line for 15 minutes, not too crowded. did a pretty fast walk through without the shoulder to shoulder stinch...lol
    was surprised to see 1000 pmc 9mm for $209
    1000 762x39 for $229
    bought a shirt, and my girl got a mag extension for her g26. not a bad fri 13th afternoon!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I got there just after they opened and the line was around the building. I only took about 15 mins to get in, so not to bad. The guy in front of me in line had a Walther p22 for sale, when I asked how much he said that he needed $200 out of it. It had the box, tools 2 mags and a fobus paddle holster. So now I have a second P22 (before I even got inside). Also got the set of checkered combat grips for my j frame that I have been looking for (silver and black).

My wife went with me for the first time and enjoyed it more than either one of figured she would. She fell in love with a Kimber Rapter II, which really suprised me. She told me to start saving up so I can get it for her (me). I love that woman.

Going back Sunday with a couple of buddies, hopefully find another good deal.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I went down today. Had a flat tire south of Rochester but got it changed and made it a little before 3. Got myself a Raven holster and mag pouch, shot the breeze with Que, Cwood, esrice, VUPDblue and lovemywoods and bought the new Team INGO shirt. Went to eat at Papa Roux with Scutter, Spasmo and Pami. It was a good day.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Just pulled in the driveway from my first I-1500 and all I can say is wow, that place is big! :eek:

Drove for nearly two hours on icy, wind-blown highways, burning about 25 bux in fuel fighting the wind just to get there and then walking for what seemed like an eternity to get to the front door from where they parked me. I was about frozen solid by the time I got to the ticket booth and I would've paid 4-times the entry fee just to get in where it was warm! :laugh:

I've been to SEMA and PRI before many times and they are VERY big auto-related shows, but I've never been to a gun show this big before, so I was impressed and I'll be going back!

I LOVE going to gun shows, even if I'm not looking for something and even the sometimes "bad" stuff that goes with them, because ther's just something "patriotic" to me about attending shows like this that make me appreciate the rights we still do have that haven't already been stripped from us. I had a GREAT time!

I met the two nice chaps, Que and LoveMyWoods at the INGO booth, where I bought my obligatory INGO shirt and hat. Thanks guys! :yesway:

I bought the latest edition of the Indiana Gun Laws manual, some ammo, some Antelope/Alligator/Ostrich/Pheasant/Kangaroo meat, some more gunsmithing tools I didn't have yet and I FINALLY found a Savage/SEARS Roebuck .410 single-shot, break-action shotgun like I had when I was a kid! :yesway: I took my first squirrel with a gun like that about 30 years ago and it's taken me a year to find one in good shape to replace it, so I'm tickled! I can't wait to get her all apart, cleaned and shoot it for the first time, just like I did when i was 10! :cool: Only paid 100 bux for it too! :rockwoot:

IMG_0359.jpg

To those that are on the fence about going- I say, GO and have a great time! After all, who knows how many more years we'll able to even do this sort of thing. :patriot: :ingo:

Have fun and be safe gents! :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Ok, both my Google-fu and my Ingo search survival skills have failed me. What are the 2012 one- and three-day passes prices?

Thanks!

Heading there at 4pm to shop for some spare mags and accessories. :rockwoot:

(Sorry for the cross-post between here and Special Events thread.)
    If it has NOT changed, 1 day is $10.00 3 day is $15.00...

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Zx Guns had brand new Kahr CM9s for just $399 (though their website has them as low as $377!) That's a great new price. I paid $50 more than that just 3 weeks ago at a LGS here in Indy and felt I got a fair deal.

Tempted to get another for that price!

Top Bottom