Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 1-13-14 & 15 Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I will probably go friday and take my father. I am making a list and will have plenty of cash for once, but from previous shows I do not have high hopes. (Been to 4-5 1500s so far)

Looking for
    Dan Wesson 357, 375, 445 supermag
    Desert Eagle mk I/VII in 357 or 44
    686 Hunter or Competitor
    Marlin Model 90 choked in IC and Mod
    Browning or Beretta O/U or SXS
    M1 Carbine
    Colt Python
    Delta Elite

I wish I had planned it better. I am going to get into reloading, but until I get a gun I won't know what components to pickup. Also taking my reloading class after the show. I will keep an eye out for a nice single stage press or reloading manuals though.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am going...not sure when yet.

Looking for a 458 Socom upper. It seems everyone (that I can Google and find - outside RR) has stopped making them :(

Ammo as always, maybe a new 22 (either 1911 or S&W MP-22) and then of course the customary - "Oh yeah I could use that" items.

RRA and Teppo Jutsu were the only groups that were making them. With Marty and the crew out of the country for a while they have licensed SBR to make their uppers.

If you want highest quality go with SBR/TJ
    If you want off the rack, then RRA is your option

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    RRA and Teppo Jutsu were the only groups that were making them. With Marty and the crew out of the country for a while they have licensed SBR to make their uppers.

If you want highest quality go with SBR/TJ
    If you want off the rack, then RRA is your option

Thanks...Yeah I know they are limited...unfortuantely SBR is out stock and isn't taking orders currently so the only option is RR. Hoping to find one at the 1500...even lightly used. Otherwise I guess I am looking at another caliber.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Parking now $5 !?! Thats it, I'm done. was going to go saturday after noon when I got off work. I wanted a $3 nylon craftsman or buck, or leatherman sheath to carry my spare Glock-27 mag in, lets see thats $5 to park, $9 to get in, for a $3 sheath. **** that.

I can handle the mass of unwashed gas bags roaming the show, but don't need to get gouged to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Parking now $5 !?! Thats it, I'm done. was going to go saturday after noon when I got off work. I wanted a $3 nylon craftsman or buck, or leatherman sheath to carry my spare Glock-27 mag in, lets see thats $5 to park, $9 to get in, for a $3 sheath. **** that.

I can handle the mass of unwashed gas bags roaming the show, but don't need to get gouged to go.

If you can't justify the $16 to get in and park, who did you earlier justify the $14 to get in and park to buy the same $3 dollar item? :dunno:

I try to look at it this way: the cost to get in/park is simply my payment for the show. Even if I don't buy anything, i still get the opportunity to spend a few hours with a friend and get to check out all sorts of firearms that I have heard about on INGO. I consider that money well spent. Spending two hours with that same friend at the range or at a bar would cost even more than $16. If I find anything worth buying, then that is just icing in the cake. If you are going to the 1500 for a 'deal' you are much better off avoiding the crowds and just buying something online or at your local gunshop.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ... If you are going to the 1500 for a 'deal' you are much better off avoiding the crowds and just buying something online or at your local gunshop.

I see this alot and have to disagree from my experience. I was a buyer at a big gun store for years so I have some experience in values from the wholesale and retail level. I always see good deals at the 1500 often they are not something I am necessarily looking for at the time but I recognize the price is pretty good. I can understand you may not think there are deals if what you are looking for is not priced right (and I know some people there also have premium ridiculous prices). If you're looking for new guns the big dealers there like ZX and Midwest are always very competitive IMO, certainly better than most I see around Indy and I go to most stores once or twice a week looking for something different that may have come in.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I'll be purchasing a Smith & Wesson M&P fullsize .45. I know the best price I've found it for at a couple of stores, so I'll try to get it a little cheaper at the show. If not, I'll still walk out with one & will have enjoyed shopping around. Also hope to get some .223 ammo.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Just remember the $5.00 parking fee is not related to the promoter or this show. It is the state of Indiana that charges for parking and the show promoter has no say on this. All events at the Indiana State Fairgrounds will cost you $5 to park.

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    My dad & I will be up there first thing Saturday morning. We will have a few guns in tow for sale too. It will be our first time at a 1500 so it will be worth the experience even if we leave without selling or buying anything.

I doubt we will leave without making a transaction of some sort though...we will at least pick up some ammo for a range trip on Monday.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you can't justify the $16 to get in and park, who did you earlier justify the $14 to get in and park to buy the same $3 dollar item? :dunno:

I try to look at it this way: the cost to get in/park is simply my payment for the show. Even if I don't buy anything, i still get the opportunity to spend a few hours with a friend and get to check out all sorts of firearms that I have heard about on INGO. I consider that money well spent. Spending two hours with that same friend at the range or at a bar would cost even more than $16. If I find anything worth buying, then that is just icing in the cake. If you are going to the 1500 for a 'deal' you are much better off avoiding the crowds and just buying something online or at your local gunshop.
    Plus, you cant drive from store to store around town to shop and see as much as you will see at this show for less than $16 in gas.

Top Bottom