• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigwisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I dont know how Fort Liberty Firearms is still in business. Ive gone in there before and was so disappointed in there customer service that ill never go back or recommend them to someone. I even called them once before asking if they do any gunsmithing and the guy said no and hung the phone up on me.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've made plenty of purchases at the 1500 but only one firearm znd by far the best service I've had was from the lady who runs the table with all of the fenix lights who is always beside the guy with all of the pelican cases. he was a lot of help as well but she was great, always friendly and i talk to her everytime I go.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    They are probably embarrassed!!

I dont know how Fort Liberty Firearms is still in business. Ive gone in there before and was so disappointed in there customer service that ill never go back or recommend them to someone. I even called them once before asking if they do any gunsmithing and the guy said no and hung the phone up on me.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    It sounds like the dealers there do not want repeat business. I know I will pay more for a gun knowing I could get it cheaper elsewhere if the guy selling it to me at least acts like he appreciates my spending money there. As far as gunsmithing goes...sometimes you're better off just try it yourself,(if it is not something that is cosmetic) or shop around....I think gun shop are no different than speed shops, you can feel the arrogance in the air. I am happy with the shops around here, Peru,(Adkins) Galveston(Down By the Tacks) and over in Wabash(Jus hunt) Always have taken the time to explain or offer advise etc.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I went into Bradis the 1500 weekend, into their store. I stood around infront of the counter waiting to be helped. Waited 18 minutes with no help, turned around and walked out. Granted they has 2 people on the phone calling in backgrounds, but there were people behind the counter shooting the bull and the people next to me that came there after me got helped and the person that helped him was a complete A**!!! Just my experience with them. I see a lot of people talk good about them, but my experience was anything but. Went to another shop and spend my money on a gun there.

I had the same thing happen to me at Bradis. I finally got help and I told the guy what I wanted and I wanted to buy today. Usually people hear that and would gladly help you. Instead they he said we dont have one out right nowbut there is one in the back. We dont have time to grab it so just come back tomorrow. I didn't know it was so hard to cut into your BS'ing time that he went right back too after he said that. I just turned and went to Plainfield and bought it. Didnt even care about the price.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had the same thing happen to me at Bradis. I finally got help and I told the guy what I wanted and I wanted to buy today. Usually people hear that and would gladly help you. Instead they he said we dont have one out right nowbut there is one in the back. We dont have time to grab it so just come back tomorrow. I didn't know it was so hard to cut into your BS'ing time that he went right back too after he said that. I just turned and went to Plainfield and bought it. Didnt even care about the price.

Finding this VERY hard to believe... and I'd bet anyone else who shops at Bradis would have a hard time swallowing this...

There are only a few other (TSG, 21st Century) gunshops that I'd 100% bet on when it comes to customer service. Mark, Kenny and the rest of the crew would NEVER tell someone to "come back tomorrow", they know too many people drive great distances to get to their shop.

Last edited:

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    It happened. I've had great and poor service there. My first purchase of a handgun was there and I had great help. That was the last time I was there that I got poor service. I will still shop there dont get me wrong!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    gotcha!

I'm one of those guys who would have interupted a BS session to ask for help. And that whole "come back tomorrow" thing would have had me asking for a manager.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    gotcha!

I'm one of those guys who would have interupted a BS session to ask for help. And that whole "come back tomorrow" thing would have had me asking for a manager.

I agree! I probably should have done that. Next time I go in there I'm going to try to remember names. I know who has helped me before just cant remember their names! I will definitely go back though.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Here ya go

If you were in the shop on Friday or Sat of the 1500 I find it very hard to believe that you were treated this way. I worked that whole weekend and Sat alone I was constantly telling customers that we would get to them as soon as possible. As busy as we were we started just asking who needed help because we couldn't tell who had been there or just came in.

I am sorry that you were treated badly in your eyes but if we(the employees) were just BSing as you stated then I am also concerned that you would not ask for assistance. You seem to be very vocal on the forum.

I have been here 4 years and have never heard any of my co-workers ever to tell someone to come back the next day because we didn't want to get something out of back stock. We have stated that it may be in the order that just arrived and we have not had time to enter it into the books.

Please come back again and I promise that we will try and do better with your customer service.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    If you were in the shop on Friday or Sat of the 1500 I find it very hard to believe that you were treated this way. I worked that whole weekend and Sat alone I was constantly telling customers that we would get to them as soon as possible. As busy as we were we started just asking who needed help because we couldn't tell who had been there or just came in.

I am sorry that you were treated badly in your eyes but if we(the employees) were just BSing as you stated then I am also concerned that you would not ask for assistance. You seem to be very vocal on the forum.

I have been here 4 years and have never heard any of my co-workers ever to tell someone to come back the next day because we didn't want to get something out of back stock. We have stated that it may be in the order that just arrived and we have not had time to enter it into the books.

Please come back again and I promise that we will try and do better with your customer service.

I appreciate it. It was about a month ago I believe. Like I said, one bad expierence will not stop me from going back. Bradis is still a good store.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    The vendors chose to be there and sell, knowing damn well how busy the 1500 is. Not to mention they aren't walking around the whole time bumping arses and elbows everywhere. They really should be nice, if they are good vendors. I've worked with the public for 10 years, being rude gets you nowhere and lost sales fast. Not to mention no repeat customers.

...20 years to get a good customer and 20 seconds to lose one.

Says a lot, doesn't it..?

I need to check out Bradis in the coming days.

Thank you all for the tip.!!

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In

Yea. I was very surprised. That was my first time there, and I definitely wont go out of my way anytime soon to go back. I was very surprised. I here a lot of good stuff on here about them so I went there, but was surprised in a bad way about their service, or lack there of.

There was a gentleman working there with a bread that was helping someone else. He seemed knowledgeable and didnt have a problem telling his stance on a particular weapon or brand. He was helping someone with an AR who asked about 1402 questions. I wish I would have been able to deal with him. Then the guy from the back with a poor attitude walked out of the back and helped someone who just walked in (looking at a blemished Kahr I believe) as I was standing there obviously wanting to see something. So after waiting for almost 20 minutes without a simple acknowledgement of "we'll be right with you" or anything, I gave up and got the wife and left. If Im walking in somewhere, I shouldnt have to ask and beg for help. If I walk into a restaurant, I shouldnt have to chase down a waiter. Same thing applies to me here in my eyes.

Hopefully, it was an off day for them, but I wasnt very satisfied at all.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yea. I was very surprised. That was my first time there, and I definitely wont go out of my way anytime soon to go back. I was very surprised. I here a lot of good stuff on here about them so I went there, but was surprised in a bad way about their service, or lack there of.

There was a gentleman working there with a bread that was helping someone else. He seemed knowledgeable and didnt have a problem telling his stance on a particular weapon or brand. He was helping someone with an AR who asked about 1402 questions. I wish I would have been able to deal with him. Then the guy from the back with a poor attitude walked out of the back and helped someone who just walked in (looking at a blemished Kahr I believe) as I was standing there obviously wanting to see something. So after waiting for almost 20 minutes without a simple acknowledgement of "we'll be right with you" or anything, I gave up and got the wife and left. If Im walking in somewhere, I shouldnt have to ask and beg for help. If I walk into a restaurant, I shouldnt have to chase down a waiter. Same thing applies to me here in my eyes.

Hopefully, it was an off day for them, but I wasnt very satisfied at all.

Soooo, you didn't actually address any of the folks behind the counter and came to these assumptions about them based on the fact that you went in on one of the busiest days of the year and got butthurt because nobody said "HI" to you??? Some guy is an @$$ because he was showing a customer something the customer wanted to look at and didn't stop what he was doing to talk with you instead? Because in a crowded shop, someone walked out from in back and through all the people in there, they didn't notice you were there before that other person?

You TOTALLY misread this place friend. I know these guys and your account of this store is way off. I go in there all the time and just mill around looking at stuff--and I'm not in the minority here--lots of people do that at Bradis. If you need something--speak up man.

Everyone has a bad day, maybe this was yours? I would give them another try, but hey, that's just my :twocents:

End of :hijack:

Last edited:

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Word to vendors as well, you probably don't know more about every gun than everybody. In my case, there is only a small chance you know more about AK47 components, variations, and how they work, but yet you still want to disagree with a statement I make that is 100% accurate. It is an instant turn off to be told you are wrong about something you are not. Customers, especially gun aficionados, do their homework and are usually somewhat obsessed about a new purchase. If you know something, back it up with some references like, "I have been working with the 1911 platform since I got my first one 22 years ago" or something like that. Trust me, make a customer feel comfortable and encouraged goes much further.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I did not deal with Fort Liberty at this past gun show, nor have I been to their shop in Avon. However, in regards to thw WASR I have owned four (4) of them and currently still own one (1) and I have seen them with and without canted sights.

As for how you were treated, I have this to offer....it is your money spend it where you believe you will get the best deal and the best treatment.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Soooo, you didn't actually address any of the folks behind the counter and came to these assumptions about them based on the fact that you went in on one of the busiest days of the year and got butthurt because nobody said "HI" to you??? Some guy is an @$$ because he was showing a customer something the customer wanted to look at and didn't stop what he was doing to talk with you instead? Because in a crowded shop, someone walked out from in back and through all the people in there, they didn't notice you were there before that other person?

You TOTALLY misread this place friend. I know these guys and your account of this store is way off. I go in there all the time and just mill around looking at stuff--and I'm not in the minority here--lots of people do that at Bradis. If you need something--speak up man.

Everyone has a bad day, maybe this was yours? I would give them another try, but hey, that's just my :twocents:

End of :hijack:

Apparently your comprehension may be skewed a bit. Im not a jackass and interrupt someone while they are talking to a customer. That employee was doing their job. Im not butt hurt. Im giving my opinion. Im pretty sure thats what forums are for, but I may be wrong ....... I spent my $700 somewhere else. Didnt bother me one bit. The guy is an @ss (the second one that came from the back, not the one with the beard) because of the way he carried himself and the way he respond to the other people and talked to people. Sounds like you need to separate yourself from their teet a little. So when you go to dinner do you chase down a waiter? When you go to a liquor store and its behind the counter, does the person stand there and stare at you and not say a word? When you go to a car lot, do you chase someone down to test drive? NO! Anytime the good are not at your disposal, usually you have someone asking to help you. And when they are busy, in places that exhibit better customer service, there is usually a question of, "Whos next" or "we'll be right with you" something to that affect. Some sort of acknowledgement is usually given. You obviously have never been in any customer service based/oriented job. And he walked from the back out to the counter to an area where I was standing. Not like he came down a tunnel entering a sports arena to a crowded field and sea of people. I didnt miss read it. YOU cant tell me how I feel about a place. Thats how a read it. What would you do if you went into a restaurant and waited 20 minutes? Continue to sit there? I HIGHLY doubt it. And if busy to them is 11 people in there, they need more staff and a restructure. Cause if you cant handle 11 people, might want to re-evaluate what you have. Maybe you should get the two old timer sitting against the counter BSing to do something productive if they are really THAT busy. I didnt have a bad day. Maybe BRADIS had the bad day. Like I said, I was in a buying mood and went and spent my money elsewhere. I shouldnt have to send a flare to get service. Thats how I feel about it.

The guy working there with a beard showing the person the AR isnt the @SS. The guy who came from the back while the bearded one was also helping. And I guess @ss would be the wrong word. I admit that. The guy was more sour and acted like it was an inconvenience for him to help someone or even be there. I would have like to work with the bearded one as he gave straight forward opinions it seemed like, like it or not. The two guys holding down the counter may have wanted to step it up if it was their busiest day of the year. Thats my beef. NOT the guy doing his job. Again, you may want to go through what I wrote. If everyone in the store was like the gentleman with the beard, I probably would have spent my $$$ there. So thats how I read the place and those are my feelings towards it.

EDIT: I realize now @ss may have been the wrong terminology. Abrasive, inconvenienced, bothered, short would have been better words to use to describe.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    No, you're right I can't tell you how you feel about the place--my bad. I was also under the impression that you were there on the day of the Gun Show--which tends to be one of their busiest days--if memory serves. My bad again. Sorry for imposing.

I just know these guys and your description doesn't match the folk I know. Nuff said...

NiceGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Shop online or deal with someone local. Better service comes from those who expect you to return - not these toothless fly-by-night sued car salesman mentality types that live for screwing people on the gun show circuit.

Top Bottom