• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    No offense intended to the OP, but Gun Shows are not the place to get accurate and reliable answers. Go there prepared the best you can with knowledge. The expectation to find a great deal and great customer service is mutually exclusive.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I found some vendors are outstanding (plainfield shooting supplies, indiana gun club and some private sales). others just suck if they only knew how much cash I had on me i wonder if it would change their attitude lol. my dad and I both went we had both bought 6 guns and still left with half our allotted funds due to horrible attitudes.

however I also get annoyed when the so called ''consumer'' stands in front of a table I want to look at for 10 min and ask a bunch of questions and dosent make a offer and just walks away. So i can see the vendors frustration, but if you want to make any money as a vendor you better suck it up and put on your happy face.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I find that the 1500 brings out the worst in people, both vendors and customers. Its crowded, uncomfortable, lousy parking etc... So the 1500 is not the place to judge local vendors.

Try going to the same vendors at their stores after the 1500 and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how helpful and knowledgeable they really are.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm telling you - many many gun shop owners can't grasp the one single thing that will benefit their business and costs them NOTHING.

And that thing is respectful service with a smile.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Bradis YES!

Just an FYI, the employees at Bradis will HELP you pick out a good WASR. I haven't bought one yet, but one of Bradis' employees, Dave, took the time to show me EXACTLY what to look for in a WASR. And he knew I had no intention of buying one yet.

Just sayin'.

Lovemachine speaks the truth.I left bradis knowing more and with a wasr that it a 8inch steel plate at 100 yards out of the box over,over,and over again.!500 is just to busy to learn anything.

They are in camby just outside of indy.Great guys!!!

There's a reason Bradis has a commanding lead in the "INGO- Indiana Gun Shop of the Year -2011" Poll. Interestingly enough, they don't do the 1500. While I love to shop around just to see what's out there, I normally end up at Bradis. (Plus my wife loves the place--don't ask...) :rolleyes::D

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Sorry to the OP for his experience. Been there done that. I find myself answering other people's questions at tables when the sellers are telling them the completely wrong info. I find myself doing that in gunshops recently lately too. It is amazing how misinformed a lot of shop's employees are. I just don't get it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The vendors chose to be there and sell, knowing damn well how busy the 1500 is. Not to mention they aren't walking around the whole time bumping arses and elbows everywhere. They really should be nice, if they are good vendors. I've worked with the public for 10 years, being rude gets you nowhere and lost sales fast. Not to mention no repeat customers.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    There's a reason Bradis has a commanding lead in the "INGO- Indiana Gun Shop of the Year -2011" Poll. Interestingly enough, they don't do the 1500. While I love to shop around just to see what's out there, I normally end up at Bradis. (Plus my wife loves the place--don't ask...) :rolleyes::D

Hugs from Kenny?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My favorite conversation I remember to this day from a few years back.

FDE PMag in question.

Q: $30? These generally go for much cheaper online, but I don't want to wait on shipping. Are you willing to move to $25?
    A: What does the price say? $30? Then that's the price. Do you want it OR NOT (/rambo).

7nTnr.png

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The vendors chose to be there and sell, knowing damn well how busy the 1500 is. Not to mention they aren't walking around the whole time bumping arses and elbows everywhere. They really should be nice, if they are good vendors. I've worked with the public for 10 years, being rude gets you nowhere and lost sales fast. Not to mention no repeat customers.

I don't have a dog in this fight either way as a customer or a vendor. But the above does not seem to hold true for the 1500 overall. Seems like no matter how bad it gets the 1500 is always standing room only, hardly room enough to breath let alone move around. Just my :twocents:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Funny

I stopped going to gun shows in general and the 1500 in particular. What strikes me as funny is the ever-increasing complaints about the crowd, the smell, the cost of admission, concessions, quality and type of merchandise available, rude vendors, and prices. I'm thinking a guy could just stay home and make up something to complain about.

Do you not know what to expect by now? :dunno:

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No offense intended to the OP, but Gun Shows are not the place to get accurate and reliable answers. Go there prepared the best you can with knowledge. The expectation to find a great deal and great customer service is mutually exclusive.

Great deals?? Didn't see any worth my cash.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    A canted front sight block does NOT mean it won't be accurate. Primarily cosmetic as the sight post adjusts right-left, up-down. I agree though, handle as many as you can and try to find one that isn't. As far as some other issues with the WASR, mag wobble is a big issue but can be fixed by simply using poly mags as they fit snugly. I've had a few with trigger issues that would tend to double and triple fire also but only the ones with the adjustable tapco FCG and they are easily adjusted/fixed too. Aside from that, the only thing I dislike about them is the wood...changing out the stock can be a PITA, they're really tight! Both the WASRs I have now are great though. +100 about Bradis though I've always left there with a smile on my face (especially when they used to have $69.95 SKSs). Look at the AMD65 for a decent AK variant at a good price, I have never owned one but have fired a few with much pleasure. I tend to only go to the gun shows for tannerite, surplus, fire steels, flashlights and other novelty items. Oh, and INGO schwag...

ETA, maybe someday I'll drop some bux on a milled receiver AK variant but for now the WASRs suit me just fine.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He catches a lot of crap on here, but Ron Cooper at Target Sports in Sheridan has always taken the time to help me understand things. I watched him help a guy with an AR problem. The AR wasn't bought there, but he still gave him free troubleshooting. He had it tore down on the counter, showing the guy how the gas blocks should look.

I need to get down to Bradis, but it's the wrong end of town for it to be an easy run.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Just an FYI, the employees at Bradis will HELP you pick out a good WASR. I haven't bought one yet, but one of Bradis' employees, Dave, took the time to show me EXACTLY what to look for in a WASR. And he knew I had no intention of buying one yet.

Just sayin'.

I went into Bradis the 1500 weekend, into their store. I stood around infront of the counter waiting to be helped. Waited 18 minutes with no help, turned around and walked out. Granted they has 2 people on the phone calling in backgrounds, but there were people behind the counter shooting the bull and the people next to me that came there after me got helped and the person that helped him was a complete A**!!! Just my experience with them. I see a lot of people talk good about them, but my experience was anything but. Went to another shop and spend my money on a gun there.

Top Bottom