• ...and so much more!
  • Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Can we do 20 Pages on this one in under 24 hrs
    Of course! Controversy is popular, and as Yeager (or Pincus or Suarez) could tell you, it attracts almost as many as it repels. People love feeling like a part of a beleaguered-but-unbowed minority that has been exposed to the truth too radical for the sheeple to handle. ;)

Valid marketing technique; good for creating brand loyalty and repeat customers. It's worked for everybody from Apple to Porsche, no reason it can't work for Gun Skools...

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    You can say what you want about Mr. Yeager, but he's not poorly educated. Sorry that he wouldn't make it as a member of your country club, but I hate to break it to you, he probably talks more like most "real men" in the hunting and shooting world when they're just standing around being real and not worrying about offending people with sensitive ears.

Yeager is easy to hate because he has strong opinions and he's not afraid to put them out there. You can disagree with him, but he's not speaking from opinion based on reading a bunch of magazines and internet posts. He actually has real world experience and to this day trains many people with many types of guns.

Well he is flat ass WRONG about HK customer service! And that is as far as I watched. For someone to make a statement that has not been true for years just tells me that he is not interested in facts.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Both of my self defense pistols are chambered in .357sig. It's a great round.
    Now having said that, they both are Glocks, IMHO they are hard to beat for a defensive pistol. Both of mine are 3rd Gen. and have never had a malfunction of any kind.
    Great pistols, and no I am not a Glock fanboy. As Yeager's side kick stated, if I did have to use it for self defense, it will be confiscated by the police. It is more easily replaced than a $2000 dollar Night Hawk 1911.

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I think if everyone would just take it easy and watch this video without any preconceived notions, you will see that he makes many points.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Years ago when I owned HK's, I had always heard that their customer service left a lot to be desired. I never did experience this, the few times I had to call them I always received great customer service. This was back in the mid to late 90's. Like everything, things change. From what I have heard now, if you are not the military or an LE agency then they could care less.
    I don't know if it is true or not, as I currently do not own any HK's, so I have no reason to call them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Wait.. So Yeager is saying we shouldn't hit guns with hammers? H/O, I've got another thread I need to report in on! :runaway:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Wait.. So Yeager is saying we shouldn't hit guns with hammers? H/O, I've got another thread I need to report in on! :runaway:

Who in the hell would hit his gun with a hammer???? :dunno:

Oh yeah, in that other post.... that's right...... :n00b:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Years ago when I owned HK's, I had always heard that their customer service left a lot to be desired. I never did experience this, the few times I had to call them I always received great customer service. This was back in the mid to late 90's. Like everything, things change. From what I have heard now, if you are not the military or an LE agency then they could care less.
    I don't know if it is true or not, as I currently do not own any HK's, so I have no reason to call them.

I have also heard that their customer service left a lot to be desired, but personally never experienced this. In fact, I did contact them for some replacement parts and didn't experience any bad customer service. They had what I needed and shipping was quick. I am not a LEO or a member of the armed forces.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    These videos likely aren't making him new customers, his faithful followers love to post them, trying to leverage his opinion as a justification of some silly mentality they have.

Just to be clear, I've never met Mr. Yeager nor taken a class with Tactical Response.

However, as a regular guy "student of the gun" I do enjoy seeing what trainers are out there saying. And as an INGO Mod I enjoy bringing it here so that others may learn as well (even if that learning is "I don't agree with this guy").

Of course! Controversy is popular, and as Yeager (or Pincus or Suarez) could tell you, it attracts almost as many as it repels. People love feeling like a part of a beleaguered-but-unbowed minority that has been exposed to the truth too radical for the sheeple to handle. ;)

Valid marketing technique; good for creating brand loyalty and repeat customers. It's worked for everybody from Apple to Porsche, no reason it can't work for Gun Skools...

Finally someone that can see through the smoke and mirrors. :yesway: While I'm not personally a fan of this type of marketing, it is effective and it does get people talking. And people talking is what INGO is all about.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just to be clear, I've never met Mr. Yeager nor taken a class with Tactical Response.

However, as a regular guy "student of the gun" I do enjoy seeing what trainers are out there saying. And as an INGO Mod I enjoy bringing it here so that others may learn as well (even if that learning is "I don't agree with this guy").

Finally someone that can see through the smoke and mirrors. :yesway: While I'm not personally a fan of this type of marketing, it is effective and it does get people talking. And people talking is what INGO is all about.
    So in other words you're using JY as a marketing tool to get people to participate on INGO? :D

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    ... As Yeager's side kick stated, if I did have to use it for self defense, it will be confiscated by the police. It is more easily replaced than a $2000 dollar Night Hawk 1911.

This is an argument that will never make sense to me. I have no reservations about having an expensive pistol tied up in an evidence room because it did what I needed it to do...and I will just use one of my others in the mean time and be glad to be walking the Earth instead of 6' deep in it.

If this line of thinking were valid I would be looking to trade Ed Brown and HK for HiPoints...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

A great deal of INGOers have figured this part out. I would guess that he's going to capitalize on the controversial side of his business and start a television show. You know, the kind that most people hate to watch, but still do it?

Top Bottom