• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I can't speak to CZ's because I have never owned one (I would like to try one out), but I do agree with his opinion of XD's completely, quite a few people buy XD's simply because they don't want to be thought of as a Glock fanboy. I also do not like the grip safety on them one tiny little bit, I can't figure out what advantage that feature offers.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Love him or hate him, he is one of the very few 'high profile' type trainers out there putting out videos where most are just sending out commercials for their classes. You don't have to agree with him, but he is saying stuff for free what many instructors would make you pay to hear.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Yeager/TR has been on my "NFE" list for years. I doubt his Youtube videos are making him any new friends/customers.

These videos likely aren't making him new customers, his faithful followers love to post them, trying to leverage his opinion as a justification of some silly mentality they have. Like modifying your guns, as an example. Jy is a tool an everytime we makes arch a video it sadly helps him get paid. The sad thing is people are drawn to this type of "showmanship" I spent Saturday and Sunday watching people be in line 100-150 deep at the auburn car auction so they could get a cell phone pic or an autograph from the d bag on storage wars.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    i'm neutral in my opinion of JY; I would like to take a TR class but don't believe that he hung the moon by any stretch. I would say that simply saying his videos aren't making him new customers is wishful thinking, though. If he didn't have the demand he'd find another avenue to sell his product. It's possible that a year ago a small percentage on INGO had a good idea of who Yeager was, now you'd have to live under a rock in a cave to not know, thanks to those videos.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Love him or hate him, he is one of the very few 'high profile' type trainers out there putting out videos where most are just sending out commercials for their classes. You don't have to agree with him, but he is saying stuff for free what many instructors would make you pay to hear.

My :twocents: on him from what I have seen of his videos. He not able to articulate his opinions and what they are based on. His generalizations exclude anyone who does not think like him, and anyone who disagrees with him is either unsafe, a moron, or not experienced.

While he may be a very good instructor and very knowledgeable, his attitude to those who disagree with him is very dismissive; I don't think he's anywhere near a Dr House.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks

If he would clean up his 'potty' mouth and demonstrate a vocabulary that extends beyond 4 letter words, he might actually pass as a professional something.:dunno:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    The only thing I would argue about there is with the C model glocks. I have a 23C as a daily carry gun. I have shot from retention and the blast isn't noticeable. I have also shot in low light and while the flames can be seen they are not blinding.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So hammers are a no no? I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Why did you guys not tell me?! If .45 or 9mm don't do it for you, carry a rifle? His opinion means the same to me as mine to him, diddly. It was still entertaining to hear him complain about a person's choice in self defense handgun. Carry what YOU are comfortable with, not what he likes. If someone likes to carry a knife or OC over a gun, let them. If someone prefers a long gun, let them.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I personally think the guy is a bit of a jack ass for this reason.

I saw his video on the Mosin and he stated emphatically with a lot of F bombs that the Mosin can't do one MOA. So I just commented on the video with a link to Sturmgewehr's video doing exactly that with a Mosin and then yeager blocked me from commenting on any of his videos. I didn't say anything nasty, just "here's a video of someone doing a MOA at 100 yards with a Mosin" and then BAN!

Oh well, when you are that sure of yourself, evidence to the contrary can be uncomfortable.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I saw his video on the Mosin and he stated emphatically with a lot of F bombs that the Mosin can't do one MOA. So I just commented on the video with a link to Sturmgewehr's video doing exactly that with a Mosin and then yeager blocked me from commenting on any of his videos. I didn't say anything nasty, just "here's a video of someone doing a MOA at 100 yards with a Mosin" and then BAN!

Oh well, when you are that sure of yourself, evidence to the contrary can be uncomfortable.
    That's the whole problem that alot of people have with JY. His opinions are not open to debate and any attempts to do so are shut down. It's all about the attitude.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I went ahead and unsubscribed from his YouTube page, as well as removed myself from his Facebook group. There's plenty of good product reviewers out there who don't exist solely to jack their egos off on camera.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Wow, his TY moderators are pretty tough.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom