• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    So, it's safe to put a photographer down range while people are blazing away with firearms? I'll try that out at my next gun club outing, care to be the guy with the camera standing next to the targets I'm shooting at?

:)

Anti terrorist training requires live 'hostages' to be 'downrange' during training. Margaret Thatcher put herself in such a position in the killing house at Hereford during a live fire exercise. She didn't flinch an inch while 'terrorist' target were slotted to her left and right. Most special forces and hostage rescue training requires live fire exercise with live hostages in the kill zone for realism.

Of course doing that in any other context is unnecessary except perhaps of course where there is an agreement between the shooters and the photographer.

As for your video. I think all you are achieving is a raising of the profile of Mr Yaeger
    Just sayin

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Just watched a few of your videos and if you are an expert then I believe you live in a false reality. The way you fumbled that reload on that glock video where you were shooting the 9mm handguns I think you could benefit from Yeagers fighting pistol class. When you were firing that full auto scar with two of your fingers on the barrel until you jerked them off when it got hot. You put your finger on the trigger on that fns2000 several times when you were talking about it before you were ready to send rounds down range. You might want to edit your videos a little better when you are questioning someone elses credibility.

And you seem to be unwilling to consider facts. I make no claim to being an expert or otherwise.

I am however willing to call a guy a freakin' idiot for challenging people to duels on YouTube and since HE does put himself out there as some kind of expert, I'm surprised, if not also more than a little amused, by the fan boy responses to Yeager's nonsense.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Anti terrorist training requires live 'hostages' to be 'downrange' during training.

I highly doubt anyone in his class that was taking shots in the direction of the photographer were "anti-terrorist" experts, not even close.

Defending the indefensible here is getting rather shockingly absurd.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I highly doubt anyone in his class that was taking shots in the direction of the photographer were "anti-terrorist" experts, not even close.

Anyone that carries a gun for protection should be able to shoot at a target with a friendly person next to it.It's like that in the street. :dunno:

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    OK, great, can you come with me out to the gun club and let me take shots at my target with you standing next to it?

Should be fun. I'll even bring some bandaids, you know, just in case.

;)

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Absolutely...but you first.

:D

NOTE TO THE AUTHORITIES: This is not a challenge to a dual nor a threat, simply two guys who love to shoot guns stepping up their game to enhance their tacticoolness.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Absolutely...but you first.

NOTE TO THE AUTHORITIES: This is not a challenge to a dual nor a threat, simply two guys who love to shoot guns stepping up their game to enhance their tacticoolness.

I would have to observe your shooting first from a safe distance to make sure you're a good enough shot of course.
    I saw some people at the range where the safest place to be was actually right in front of their target since it was the only place without a single hit. You could have been shot if you were standing even 10 yards to the side of their target. :):

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Which is why I used the word context in my response.

I wasn't defending anyone. I was making a statement to illustrate that in certain contexts there are circumstances where live people are downrange in a given scenario and that it is warranted in those circumstances.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Of course, this was not one of those circumstances.... hence your remark is irrelevant to the Yaegermeister's "let's shoot at a photographer" drill.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Anyone that carries a gun for protection should be able to shoot at a target with a friendly person next to it.It's like that in the street. :dunno:

Exactly. Anyone can stand 10 0r 20' from a target on a range on a nice sunny day and blat rounds downrange till their hearts content. All that does is prepare you for basic weapon handling and target shooting. It does absolutely nothing to train you for a real life or death defensive scenario where people are moving around.

And before the OP responds. I am NOT defending Mr Yaegers actions with his photographer. I make no comment about that simply because I am assuming that the photographer is a consenting adult.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Insulting others that don't agree with you is a tactic used by folks when they can no longer provide a reasonable argument. Is that the point we're at?

If you have a reasonable argument to add, please do.

Sounds like someone is taking it to heart. How am I insulting anyone? Did I call anyone out specifically by name?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm going out to the local gun shop and buying a live target, preferably a photographer, because Yaeger does it.

You dont have to train that way if you dont understand why other train that way.
    You can do it with paper target as well if you are affraid to shoot someone by accident (or more likely if you cant find anyone to stand next to your target), it's a start even if the stress factor wont be the same as shooting with someone standing next to your target.

If you are at the mall and a shooter starts killing people aroun you do you think you will be able to take the shot without hurting innocent people around or do you decide not to shoot because people are near the shooter?
    Do you ever train that way? :dunno:

Sure sometimes it's better not to take the shot at all but sometimes you have to.Even if innocent people are standing or running around your target.

Targets like that are made because it's like that in real life.
    You never have a bunch of bad guys standing in front of a concrete wall with no innocent people around.

friendly-hostage-target-practice.jpg

RetiredSteve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Amsdorf.... If you are NOT an expert, what qualifications do you have? To add credibility, please (for those of us that don't have a clue as to who you are), please do post your shooting resume. I am not a Yeagerzombie but he has had the top instructors in the biz train at and for him at TR.... Do I agree 100% with him,na... But I have yet to see anything from the top name instructors discredit him.... If you have evidence to the contrary please post.

All I do know is Yeager discussions keep his name at the top of the list and you are keeping his name in the mix.... If he wasn't relevant, no one would talk about him.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Amsdorf.... If you are NOT an expert, what qualifications do you have? To add credibility, please (for those of us that don't have a clue as to who you are), please do post your shooting resume. I am not a Yeagerzombie but he has had the top instructors in the biz train at and for him at TR.... Do I agree 100% with him,na... But I have yet to see anything from the top name instructors discredit him.... If you have evidence to the contrary please post.

All I do know is Yeager discussions keep his name at the top of the list and you are keeping his name in the mix.... If he wasn't relevant, no one would talk about him.

:+1:

I dont think he would have Clint Smith as his student if he was conducting dangerous training classes. :dunno:
    I understand that you can hate Mr.Yeager for his tattoos or his language and other stuff, but his training and tactics are proven.

Top Bottom