• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    So you think he was being honest with the bad guy when he said that about not being his first time? After having read all the actual Ian Fleming novels having Bond be Gay or Bi would be an unforgivable travesty.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So you think he was being honest with the bad guy when he said that about not being his first time? After having read all the actual Ian Fleming novels having Bond be Gay or Bi would be an unforgivable travesty.

He doesn't have to be bi or gay.He can do it for the Queen if he needs to get something out of it. :):

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Don't think they care what Ian Fleming wrote. Daniel Craig IIRC has commented that it would be good to have a gay Bond. We are getting off track here and will be moderated soon.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I thought it was cool that he lost his fancy new PPK in the dragon pit, and in the next gun scene he had a traditional PPK replacement. Most movies would have probably just used the same gun. I always thought 007 movies did a good job with the guns used, even if a lot of the shots and such are questionable.

And yeah, I dont think theyre really trying to follow the Fleming novels T to T. As far as the gay stuff goes, I think it was a big part of the villians character. He's supposed to be creepy and scary, and thats just a different way to make him so, don't read to much into it, I don't think it was meant to be a big statement or anything.

Theyre all pretty good entertaining movies, plus no ones brought up the return of the ASTON MARTIN!!!!.......for awhile

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anybody who wants a PPK, and then suppresses it, is an idiot. Here's mine:
    Picture1099.jpg

RobertaX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple
    D00ds! Tsk.

James Bond started out with a .25 Beretta, the caliber (and perhaps model) issued to Ian Fleming during WW II. A British handgunnie named Boothroyd -- they used to have them, long ago -- took exception to this and wrote to Fleming, "...a .25 Beretta. This sort of gun is really a lady's gun, and not a really nice lady at that." Correspondence ensued -- and Bond got better guns; or at least larger-caliber.

Around the time of Goldfinger, Boothroyd was filmed discussing this exchange -- and showing a little of his collection. Boothroyd was the subject of a nice little filmclip.

(For the record, I do not own a .25 Beretta. Further, deponent sayeth not.)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It sounded to me like "Q" called it a "9mm short 32 caliber Walther PPK". And really, a PPK is great if you're going to shoot your assailant through the eye or earhole, or if he isn't wearing body armor, but if you're going to shoot like Bond was shooting in this movie, you may as well take the original assassin's G18 and carry a couple of snail drums. Geez! He used to be a better shot with a pistol. . .

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    D00ds! Tsk.

James Bond started out with a .25 Beretta, the caliber (and perhaps model) issued to Ian Fleming during WW II. A British handgunnie named Boothroyd -- they used to have them, long ago -- took exception to this and wrote to Fleming, "...a .25 Beretta. This sort of gun is really a lady's gun, and not a really nice lady at that." Correspondence ensued -- and Bond got better guns; or at least larger-caliber.

Around the time of Goldfinger, Boothroyd was filmed discussing this exchange -- and showing a little of his collection. Boothroyd was the subject of a nice little filmclip.

(For the record, I do not own a .25 Beretta. Further, deponent sayeth not.)

Pretty cool, thanks.:yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My look alike is a $169.99 Polish Radom P-64, love it.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the P64 is not even close to Walther PPK in design. Plus, the P64 is a thick SOB for a blowback gun.

I've owned and shot both - sold both. I preferred the Bersa .380. :cool:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Nice! very quiet
    Actually, no it's not. There is a lot of breech noise with the blowback action. I have heard that going to a heavier recoil spring does wonders but I've not gotten around to trying it yet. I've only had it about 12 years.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I thought it was a step back from the P99. He should have been carrying a Walther PPQ! Just my humble opinion.

Great movie by the way. I think it was one of if not the best one yet. Got a glimpse into his past.

My thoughts exactly. I think the PPQ would have made a nice touch. Or possibly even a PPX, if they were available back when filming started.

Since the Aston Martin was back, I think they they could have deviated from the traditional PPK and went with a more modern PPQ or PPX. I think it would have suited Daniel Craig's style well.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the P64 is not even close to Walther PPK in design. Plus, the P64 is a thick SOB for a blowback gun.

I've owned and shot both - sold both. I preferred the Bersa .380. :cool:

Correct, of course. It's a heavy little bastid for it's size too.

Now the FEG PA-63 out of Hungary is very close to the Walther. The Walther PP anyway, as far as design and size is concerned.

Cheers.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have a Smith & Wesson PPK. You have to watch out for the slide bite. Other than that, I like it. And yes, I carried the PPK when I went to see the movie.

Top Bottom