• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    They're not going to change anytime soon! Actually you gave them a good story to brag to their friends about.
    Punks will be punks!
    They MIGHT change in good time, but probably later than sooner!

Did you happen to notice if they were with adults?

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I'm kind of shocked to hear this...

Where the hell are their parents? Something makes me think that us tax payers will be paying for their care if they live long enough. What a shame.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ohh I would've gave that punk 2 options

A: Eat that piece of chicken and crap it later

B: Or do the whole process in reverse

Touch my food and it's on like Donkey Kong!!! :draw:

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    These kids get on my nerves. I grew up in Florida and was very into the Punk Rock scene. However, I respected my elders and just enjoyed listening/playing the music. I remember when I was 19 and I saw a 15 year old "punk" wearing combat boots a leather jacket and standing outside of a show hoping to hear the band. It was an 18 and up venue and he was pissed. He was wearing a t-shirt with President George Bush's face on it and it said "Not my president". As we were comming out of the show, he started showing his @$$ and talking politics. At this point, i walked over, ripped the shirt off of him, looked him dead in the eyes and said "When you are 18 and can legally vote, you can have an opinion!". One of the most unforgettable nights of my life.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    People suck. That's why I bought land in the country. :D

Congrats on successfully intimidating them and running them off in such a humorous, (and fairly harmless,) manner. Hopefully it'll do them some good.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    While I am glad you had a positive outcome. Turning your dogs "loose" as a result of a punk landing a piece of your food on the ground could have ended in a lawsuit and a dog put to sleep had one of them bit someone.

I agree that they were in the wrong, but I don't agree with your response. It was drastic, an over reaction and could have cost you a hospital bill. If your fine with that, I am too. Just keep in mind if they were also armed, they would be justified in ventilating your dog and suing you for the cost to get stitched up.

If puffed chests result in violence on your part, please keep your dogs at home and stop carrying.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    While I am glad you had a positive outcome. Turning your dogs "loose" as a result of a punk landing a piece of your food on the ground could have ended in a lawsuit and a dog put to sleep had one of them bit someone.

I agree that they were in the wrong, but I don't agree with your response. It was drastic, an over reaction and could have cost you a hospital bill. If your fine with that, I am too. Just keep in mind if they were also armed, they would be justified in ventilating your dog and suing you for the cost to get stitched up.

If puffed chests result in violence on your part, please keep your dogs at home and stop carrying.

While I do agree that it was irresponsible To set my dogs on the kids I want to point out that I am not always a very responsible guy. That is one of the things that makes the kids behavior so dangerous. There are guys that will not only kill them, they will f**k them afterwards. I also want to point out that if one of them had shot my dog then his MOTHER would have to sue me...... Cause he wouldn't be suing ANYBODY.

I believe that inaction would of definitely encouraged these kids, they were very aggressive. By not "releasing the hounds" I could of easily caused all three of them to be shot to death while in the commission of a crime.

If puffed chests caused violence on my part then I would of just pressed my pistol to his head and made him my "beatch" instead of doing what I thought was best given the circumstances. I was holding two dogs while watching three kids and keeping an eye on my wife. Hell, if somebody get's bit Then don't blame me, blame the punks who put themselves into that situation in the first place.

How would you handle the situation? I might completely dismiss your advise, but I am willing to listen.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg

The punks were trying to intimidate the op, then they destroy his property. Sounds like more than a puffed chest to me. I think the punks got off easy.....

Why are you attacking the op's right to carry? At no time did he use his firearm in an illegal manner.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    The punks were trying to intimidate the op, then they destroy his property. Sounds like more than a puffed chest to me. I think the punks got off easy.....

Why are you attacking the op's right to carry? At no time did he use his firearm in an illegal manner.

His words

"While I do agree that it was irresponsible To set my dogs on the kids I want to point out that I am not always a very responsible guy."

also

"If puffed chests caused violence on my part then I would of just pressed my pistol to his head and made him my "beatch" instead of doing what I thought was best given the circumstances. Hell, if somebody get's bit Then don't blame me, blame the punks who put themselves into that situation in the first place."

That is why, also while I do consider my paid for food my property, you my not use deadly force against someone stealing you car. An unleashed dog that is attacking may result in deadly force. If one is not responsible, one should not carry or yield deadly force.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    How would you handle the situation? I might completely dismiss your advise, but I am willing to listen.

I would have removed myself from the situation, a piece of chicken is not worth a lawsuit which you would have lost. If your intention is protect yourself from violence, loosing dogs is in no way a means to achieve that.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    His words

"While I do agree that it was irresponsible To set my dogs on the kids I want to point out that I am not always a very responsible guy."

also

"If puffed chests caused violence on my part then I would of just pressed my pistol to his head and made him my "beatch" instead of doing what I thought was best given the circumstances. Hell, if somebody get's bit Then don't blame me, blame the punks who put themselves into that situation in the first place."

That is why, also while I do consider my paid for food my property, you my not use deadly force against someone stealing you car. An unleashed dog that is attacking may result in deadly force. If one is not responsible, one should not carry or yield deadly force.

Yes but you made your statement about not carrying BEFORE he posted about being responsible. So again, why did you attack his right to carry BEFORE he made the statement about responsibility?

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Yes but you made your statement about not carrying BEFORE he posted about being responsible. So again, why did you attack his right to carry BEFORE he made the statement about responsibility?

Setting dogs loose on someone who threw food on the floor does not bode well to someone who carries a means of deadly force. Lets say one of the punks got in his face and said "hey old man, what are you gonna do about it?" Well his dogs are already ineffective, he has three options, walk away (he already chose not to), fight a much younger more able bodied adversary with fists or pull his deadly force tool.

Based on his response to a piece of food throw on the floor, I have no choice but to assume he is likely to choose an equalizing force in a situation where it is not warranted.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Um..... Bernsy.... Can I point out that I never considered let alone USED deadly force? Yes I put my dogs on them..... Guilty.... No Remorse either. Where did we get deadly force from?

YOU said that one of THEM could of used deadly force or had a weapon. Shots fired = game on. Shoot a member of my household and win stupid prizes. But hey, NOBODY pulled a gun. What deadly force are we talking about?

I asked already, What would YOU do? (OK, I.see your advise now.... Dismissed.)

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Setting dogs loose on someone who threw food on the floor does not bode well to someone who carries a means of deadly force. Lets say one of the punks got in his face and said "hey old man, what are you gonna do about it?" Well his dogs are already ineffective, he has three options, walk away (he already chose not to), fight a much younger more able bodied adversary with fists or pull his deadly force tool.

Based on his response to a piece of food throw on the floor, I have no choice but to assume he is likely to choose and equalizing force in a situation where it is not warranted.

Three punks announcing that they were using the shelter now and we "Really should leave...... NOW!" and then destroy my property, I view as a threat. Especially when it's 3 on 1. I think the OP responded accordingly for the most part. Once the punks were a "safe" distance away I would of called the dogs back. I probably would of then called the Police just to have a report on file.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    WOW. Burnsy has taken my guns away from me. (sniff sniff) I am not a proper person. I don't know how I will go on in the face of this judgement......Bobby, Bobby Dylan, Please sing with me.....

Mama, take these guns away from me,
    I can't use them anymore.
    There's a long black cloud followin' me.
    I feel like I'm knockin' on heavens door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door.

(mods, please ban me! So I won't have to show my face here anymore!)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom