• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. I had 4 teen mails eyeing my SUV last summer while I was filling it up with gas. This was at 2 in the afternoon on a SATURDAY, across the street from the city school. One of them slipped a knife from his pocket. They were whispering, looking at me. When they were about 25 feet away, I turned my left hip out so they could see my 9mm (I was OCing), I drew it, and they scattered like roaches.

Wait!!! You were a target BEFORE they knew that you were OCing! That can't be right! Everyone knows that only OCing makes you a target!

(Oh sorry - wrong thread!)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would not have said it if I didn't mean it.

However I now see that you have no sarcasometer or sense of humor.

I will tread lightlly around you from now on. I would hate to mar your hobnails with my flesh and blood.

As for the other, see my avatar. I have had men try to bait me on that, adescent's don't phase me.

BTW there is no purple intended in this post.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry double posted somehow.
    Mods remove this please.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. I had 4 teen mails eyeing my SUV last summer while I was filling it up with gas. This was at 2 in the afternoon on a SATURDAY, across the street from the city school. One of them slipped a knife from his pocket. They were whispering, looking at me. When they were about 25 feet away, I turned my left hip out so they could see my 9mm (I was OCing), I drew it, and they scattered like roaches.

Kids today have zero respect for adults. That comes from a lifetime of indulgence for them.

OH MY GOD!!! Deadly force! Deadly force! jgreiner, I am afraid that I am taking your guns away from you...... (Um.... Err.... I am kind of short on guns since Burnsey took mine) Why on earth didn't you scurry home on foot to avoid the encounter? It's ok, I will scoot over and make room for you here on the Group W bench.... (nobody will get that reference!)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    OH MY GOD!!! Deadly force! Deadly force! jgreiner, I am afraid that I am taking your guns away from you...... (Um.... Err.... I am kind of short on guns since Burnsey took mine) Why on earth didn't you scurry home on foot to avoid the encounter? It's ok, I will scoot over and make room for you here on the Group W bench.... (nobody will get that reference!)

Are you calling me a father raper? LOL

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

SOME of us will get that reference. As in "What'd you get?" "I didn't get nothin'. I had to PAY $20 and pick up the garbage in the snow."

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana

At least try to spell my name right.... Perhaps it was because someone displayed a weapon and not cooked bird? I can't be sure though, if they had thrown turkey bits around, who knows what would have happened!!!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Sorry to vandalize your name. Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said " I don't care what you say about me as long as you spell my name right"? I see that I am immortalized in your sig line, You are following another immortal quote by doing this; "I'll make you famous!"....... Billy The Kid.

See how I connected you with a very successful shyster and buffoon, plus a folk hero killer all in one pass? Now that's manipulation! Wait a minute, I said that I could easily manipulate children......... I think that I just revealed you as a child! Somebody stop me! I will kill again! (there's another quote you can take out of context)

Edit- wow, now even I am beginning to feel bad, I will stop it now, retreat as it were before it gets any bigger
    Edit the edit....... He HAS to have his last word....... Please give me the strength to stop!

Last edited:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Wow, is this still rocking? First I want to apologise to everyone for providing controversy into these forums. Next I want to state that I was not in fear for my life. I was packing heat and accompanied by my two best friends in the world. I WILL trust my dogs with my life. Not with my socks, or my shoes and absolutely not with my chicken! But I am very sure that nobody will push me down (or at any rate, twice) while they are available. I can control my dogs, for the most part. However if someone actually strikes me I am not sure that I could hold them both at the same time.

If I had been in fear of my or any one of our lives then I was prepared to handle it. What I WAS in fear of was letting the situation progress to the point where I would HAVE to hurt three ignorant kids. THAT WOULD OF BEEN MY FAULT. They didn't know that I would not (or even could not) retreat. They didn't know that it could be a gunfight. If the punk had slapped me then I would certainly of let the leashes go, I am pretty sure that both pups would of been pretty unruly if I had been Physically assaulted.

If I was like Burnsy thinks I am, I COULD have let it go on, even act like a coward so as to embolden these thugs. I am easily able to manipulate children so as to create an opportunity To LEGALLY Kill all three of them. INSTEAD OF DOING THAT, I chose to Run them off before I lost the ability to do so. My dogs are good dogs. They have never bitten anybody, yet. They are also very intelligent dogs who can tell when a threat to the family is imminent.

Yes I chose to loose the hounds. They jumped to the front and were extremely fearsome. The husky never left the chicken, and I let the boxer run to the parking lot before I called him back. As I expected nobody got bit. Even if one or more had gotten bit that would still be better than a bullet to the skull! My fighting (and running away) days are behind me. My personal defense choices are extremely limited. My dogs increase those choices.

I have $100.000 invested into my neck. The back surgery is still pending. I am in extreme pain 24/7, and I don't take drugs to try to relieve it. (both ineffective and contrary to my core values) I WILL NOT take a punch on purpose, A beating could do much worse than kill me, It could easily leave me a quadriplegic. Burnsy leaves out one known factor in his calculations. The kids end intentions are an unknown factor, The dogs are a potentially unknown (not to me) factor. The KNOWN factors are that I AM NOT likely to run away, even if I should have, and I AM likely to go ahead and shoot someone rather than get into a physical struggle (at least right now), even if I shouldn't have.

Now how many men, seeing children engaging in an extremely life threatening behavior wont take a small risk to protect them from a certain deadly outcome? Yes I did an irresponsible thing...... For very responsible reasons. Now that Burnsy has relieved me of my right to self defense, And even a right to being left to enjoy a picnic in peace without slinking away like a coward, I might as well cower in fear at home. Unless of course somebody tough wants that space too...... Then what?

I took nothing out of context, there is your post intact. I shortened your statement because the site will not let me fit it all in my sig line due to size but the meaning of your statement remains. I removed words such as "easily" and "three" which I wish I could include but cannot due to the length. In addition to that you have no way to predict what will happen in the blue statement no matter how well trained.. I took your guns by your claim which I feel you should be questioned about (see your statements in my sig and your post), but cannot and I quote your ridiculousness as my reasoning.

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Correct me if I am wrong.

So you have an agressive young adult and his 2 friends come up on you and threaten you to leave "their" park. They even go so far as to sit down across a picnic table from you and take food off your plate to emphasize the point. And your response should be to pack up and leave hoping they do not become more violent and decide to take your stuff or just beat you to death for fun.

Or I guess we are suppose to know that these particular D-Bags are harmless and we will be fine retreating. I am suprised that the OP let them that close after threatening them. Personally, I am not letting someone that close to me after they have just treatened me.

Maybe he should have pulled out his cellphone and called the proper people to deal with them, and just wait for the cops to hurry up and get there. I am positive the police would have show up before the punks did anything bad.

Personally, I think that they may have been testing the water so to speak. If they thought the prey was easy enough they might just have not let them leave as suggested by some. I don't think pulling a weapon in this case is out of the question either. The OP does not know their intent, and to say it is unjustified is speculation at best. If anything he may have underestimated their potential by letting them get that close.

A threat is a threat and I treat all equally. I am glad the OP did not try to leave as we may have been reading about it on the news and not from his post.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Correct me if I am wrong.

So you have an agressive young adult and his 2 friends come up on you and threaten you to leave "their" park. They even go so far as to sit down across a picnic table from you and take food off your plate to emphasize the point. And your response should be to pack up and leave hoping they do not become more violent and decide to take your stuff or just beat you to death for fun.

Or I guess we are suppose to know that these particular D-Bags are harmless and we will be fine retreating. I am suprised that the OP let them that close after threatening them. Personally, I am not letting someone that close to me after they have just treatened me.

Maybe he should have pulled out his cellphone and called the proper people to deal with them, and just wait for the cops to hurry up and get there. I am positive the police would have show up before the punks did anything bad.

Personally, I think that they may have been testing the water so to speak. If they thought the prey was easy enough they might just have not let them leave as suggested by some. I don't think pulling a weapon in this case is out of the question either. The OP does not know their intent, and to say it is unjustified is speculation at best. If anything he may have underestimated their potential by letting them get that close.

A threat is a threat and I treat all equally. I am glad the OP did not try to leave as we may have been reading about it on the news and not from his post.

I do agree that they were in the wrong. I do agree that the OP should not have just left the park at their request. I do feel though that the OP was safe in the situation and he said so himself. Additionally he clearly had two dogs with him and said he was CCing. I don't think the actions by the idiot kids denoted the dogs. Instead I think it would have been better to move away, call the police and wait.

If idiot kids decided to actually do something to put the OP in harms way while waiting instead of throwing food around and acting like said idiots he certainly had the means to defend himself with deadly force and would have created valuable distance in the process to do so if needed AND warranted.

Dogs are unpredictable, he said his dogs are well trained and know when his family are in danger, yet one decided that the chicken was more important. If he really did feel his life was in danger a better course of action would have been to drop the dog leash, if they help great, if they don't as one did not, fine but the primary purpose of doing so would be to free his hands to draw and use his gun.

I understand this is just my opinion and that it differs from most of the people who have posted theirs.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The only physical altercation that would occur if you slapped food off my plate would be your hand being stuck to the table with a fork or knife. I take my food intake seriously and nobody better come between me and a meal.

Exactly this.

Growing up poor with brothers leads to boarding house rules.

Messing with my food is only a close second behind messing with my family/friends.

Move on down to the Group W bench with me...

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I do agree that they were in the wrong. I do agree that the OP should not have just left the park at their request. I do feel though that the OP was safe in the situation and he said so himself. Additionally he clearly had two dogs with him and said he was CCing. I don't think the actions by the idiot kids denoted the dogs. Instead I think it would have been better to move away, call the police and wait.

If idiot kids decided to actually do something to put the OP in harms way while waiting instead of throwing food around and acting like said idiots he certainly had the means to defend himself with deadly force and would have created valuable distance in the process to do so if needed AND warranted.

Dogs are unpredictable, he said his dogs are well trained and know when his family are in danger, yet one decided that the chicken was more important. If he really did feel his life was in danger a better course of action would have been to drop the dog leash, if they help great, if they don't as one did not, fine but the primary purpose of doing so would be to free his hands to draw and use his gun.

I understand this is just my opinion and that it differs from most of the people who have posted theirs.
    I agree with most accept that sitting across the table is to close to effectively keep yourself out of harms way. The punk could have hit the OP before he could have reacted. Like I stated, noone sits across from me at the same table that just threatened me. I don't know if they are armed or what their intent is. I would have issued a warning after the statement from the lead douche and produced my gun after he kept advancing towards me.

I think the OP underestimated the situation just a bit, unless the kids were younger than I believe. Even then someone here posted about a handful of teen beating a guy half to death for fun.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    At least try to spell my name right.... Perhaps it was because someone displayed a weapon and not cooked bird? I can't be sure though, if they had thrown turkey bits around, who knows what would have happened!!!!

Since you decided to "cooked bird" out and didn't reply to my post previously directed towards you, I'll take another crack at it.

When do you defend your property? Clearly, someone destroying your food supply and invading personal space is not sufficient, in your opinion, to initiate defense, so where do you draw the line?

Would you let someone steal your car? Would you let a gang of teens break into and occupy your house without taking personal action? Would you let them steal the clothes off of you and your wife/daughter's bodies? There is no difference between turkey bits you bought with intentions to eat and clothes you bought with intentions to wear, a car you bought with intentions to drive, or a house you bought with intentions to live in.

It's yours, because you worked for money, and used that money to buy it. Now someone who doesn't own it is coming along, trying to destroy it or steal it. Are you willing to defend any property you own or do you reserve defense only to the preservation of your own life?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Did you miss the part where he's crippled and requires mechanical means to move around?

The hole is getting deep, Burnsy. Let me hold that shovel for you awhile.

Top Bottom