• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drewtitans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    GEORGETOWN
    This is absolutely, positively my next purchase. Going with the flat top 16 version. Gonna be hard to decide between the aimpoint and eotech though. Make no mistake, this is a cqc rifle and nothing more. Pure urban armament. Can't wait to get mine.

I have a comp M4 on my 16.5 and a Razor 1-6 on my 18. Both optic setups work great with the Aimpoint suited more towards CQB and out to 200yds with no rest, very capable at 300yds with the most minor rest. Personal preference is probably a good 1-4 or 1-6 as the rifle is very capable at distance and loves the heavier 69, 75 and 77gr being a 1:7 twist. Shot a 3gun match a few weeks ago with the 18" and it performed like a champ. Definite advantages over an full length AR, trigger is the only draw back. Have a Timney on order that's supposed to ship next week, hopefully it's a huge improvement for the competition aspect.

XWARPATHX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    NWI
    I almost have mine on layaway paid off. Searching for sight options right now. I want to get something that i can switch back and forth from my M4 and the Tavor. Was thinking either the T1 micro or an Eotech. Any suggestions will help.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had my Tavor for almost a year now and have been trying to decide what role I want it to play. I've been full circle from close quarters battle to longer range and have now settled back to CQB. Because of this I've tried a number of different optics. All I've tried have worked well for their role including a 1x4 scope (pictured below). The one I've ended up with and so far is working well is the somewhat new MSE-AQC1C (designed by an Israeli shooting instructor and made in Israel). The Aimpoint T-1/H-1 works well (tried one of those). I've not used one, but many use an EoTech and find it works well. I would think something like an Aimpoint Pro or Comp M4 or a clone of those would work well too.
    The latest version of my Tavor is using a Midwest Industries replacement front handguard. I'm waiting for arrival of a weapon light that will mount almost flush inside the front opening.

Tavor_3_2014_Side_1_zps07f489bf.jpg

Tavor_3_2014_Side_2_zps0e2a1329.jpg

Tavor_3_2014_Side_3_zps5f2928cc.jpg

Here is the phase where I tried the 1x4 scope (Bushnell 1x4 PCL/Throwdown)
    Tavor_1_2014_Side_1_zps09652ebf.jpg

My Tavor with its 12 gauge bullpup buddy:
    Tavor_KSG_1_zps61212a13.jpg

XWARPATHX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    NWI
    Thanks for the help yamadog. Very nice setups you got their. I wasnt sure about the cloans? Ever used one before? I also didn't want so skimp on a sight for a $2000 weapon.

Just noticed the keyhole rail the front grip is mounted to. That is really nice. Info?

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the help yamadog. Very nice setups you got their. I wasnt sure about the cloans? Ever used one before? I also didn't want so skimp on a sight for a $2000 weapon.

Just noticed the keyhole rail the front grip is mounted to. That is really nice. Info?

The clone I've used is the Primary Arms version of the Aimpoint T1/H1. You can usually pick them up for around $80. For the money they are pretty nice red dots in their own right and I use them on non-critical guns. I also use them to try out the platform on a new rifle like the Tavor. If I liked it and wanted to trust my life to it, I would save up and get the Aimpoint. Primary Arms has several red dot options. I'd give them a look.

The handguard is the one from Midwest Industries and has the Key Mod mounting system (the key holes). There are a couple of other aftermarket handguards as well. I chose this one because their light mount allows you mount the light completely inside the handguard (if you use the correct light). The others require the front part of the light to stick out the front a bit.

I love INGO, but there's not a lot of bullpup love here. Checkout bullpupforum.com. Everything you could want to know about the Tavor and other pups has been discussed there.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    This has seemed to become the official INGO Tavor thread so I'll post this here. Cool little video talking about he tavor and the success they have had in the US. They have actually made over 20,000 to date! not bad for the first year of production. I also put a Lantac Dragon Muzzle brake on mine today, going to shoot it tomorrow and see how much of a difference it makes, I will report back with results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Q-8eoCv58

Last edited:

Shayetet 13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I remember wanting one of these before they even came to America and being ridiculed for it. Now it seems everyone wants one. I will pass on it due to the 5.56 round. Instead I am going with the RFB .308.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I would love to play with one. But their out of box accuracy is enough of a turn off... I'm hoping they either come out with a different barrel profile or someone develops an aftermarket part.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would love to play with one. But their out of box accuracy is enough of a turn off... I'm hoping they either come out with a different barrel profile or someone develops an aftermarket part.

Oh right, because sub-MOA is not good enough for some people...

Take most people's accuracy results with a grain of salt, they just can't tolerate the 12lb trigger. I have a prediction, after the timney triggers have been around awhile you'll see people praising the rifle's accuracy.

Might I remind you: http://i.imgur.com/A86CPIE.jpg

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I hadn't seen a report of sub moa... And yes, the 12lb trigger is not appealing lol

Oh right, because sub-MOA is not good enough for some people...

Take most people's accuracy results with a grain of salt, they just can't tolerate the 12lb trigger. I have a prediction, after the timney triggers have been around awhile you'll see people praising the rifle's accuracy.

Might I remind you: http://i.imgur.com/A86CPIE.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hadn't seen a report of sub moa... And yes, the 12lb trigger is not appealing lol

They're just as accurate as a top shelf AR15 to be honest.

Once again, most the issues are people not being able to control that trigger. But if you've shot DA revolvers very often, it won't be much trouble for you.

If all you shoot is an AR15 with a match 3lb trigger, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. At least the tavor's trigger breaks very crisply. It isn't noticeably an issue for me unless I'm shooting it from the bench and trying to make a very tiny group. Then it takes a considerable amount of focus. I have taken out the extra trigger reset spring before and wound up putting it back in because that very stiff clicky reset is too nice to lose. But if you take that spring out, it does drop the pull weight a considerable amount, I'd just rather have a good reset than a light trigger.

But, if you really want a bench rest rifle to put bullets through the same hole, I think you're looking at the wrong rifle format and might enjoy a bolt action a fair deal more for that.

Last edited:

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    They're just as accurate as a top shelf AR15 to be honest.

Once again, most the issues are people not being able to control that trigger. But if you've shot DA revolvers very often, it won't be much trouble for you.

If all you shoot is an AR15 with a match 3lb trigger, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. At least the tavor's trigger breaks very crisply. It isn't noticeably an issue for me unless I'm shooting it from the bench and trying to make a very tiny group. Then it takes a considerable amount of focus. I have taken out the extra trigger reset spring before and wound up putting it back in because that very stiff clicky reset is too nice to lose. But if you take that spring out, it does drop the pull weight a considerable amount, I'd just rather have a good reset than a light trigger.

But, if you really want a bench rest rifle to put bullets through the same hole, I think you're looking at the wrong rifle format and might enjoy a bolt action a fair deal more for that.

Did you ever have trigger reset issues with your spring out? I have read on the webs and seen on YouTube a few people have had issues with the trigger not resetting without that spring. I took mine out and it still has that real clicky/positive reset. Maybe not quite a strong as before but its still very noticeable. The pull weight being reduced is just nice cause it doesn't wear my finger out as quick.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Did you ever have trigger reset issues with your spring out? I have read on the webs and seen on YouTube a few people have had issues with the trigger not resetting without that spring. I took mine out and it still has that real clicky/positive reset. Maybe not quite a strong as before but its still very noticeable. The pull weight being reduced is just nice cause it doesn't wear my finger out as quick.

I didn't have any issues, but personally, I would not trust this modification with my life.

It would make much more sense having a much stiffer spring up at the trigger than back in the trigger pack, which hopefully there will be the option to do so at some point in the future.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    The Timney trigger is an improvement on a Tavor.

I have used Jack Ruby on the Tavor which did help as well.

Something to consider.

The Timmy Trigger is a HUGE improvement over the stock trigger in weight reduction. I managed to fondle one at the NRA convention. The only downside I found was that there was quite a bit of creep before it finally fires.

They're also very expensive.

Top Bottom